2-year-old "baby" was trapped in a storm sewer

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The Houston Fire Department late Wednesday sent about 35 firefighters to her house. After arriving, they learned a 2-year-old cat named "Baby" was trapped, not a child.

Angelikue M. Richardson called for the Fire Department's help "several times" Wednesday night, District Chief Jack Williams said Thursday.

She finally told a 911 dispatcher that her "baby boy" was trapped in the sewer near her home in the 5900 block of Bolivia, he said.

Williams said the Fire Department does not have the manpower to rescue trapped animals.
Her 12-year-old daughter then assured her she would find a way to get rescuers to come out, Richardson said.

The girl then called authorities and claimed her infant sibling was in the sewer, Richardson said.

Because of Richardson's report about a trapped child, the Fire Department sent firefighters to the scene. The call tied up three engine companies, two Haz-Mat units, two emergency medical service units, a ladder truck, a safety officer and a district chief, Williams said.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3497636.html

Oh well, at least "Baby" was saved :crazy:

I hope the fool has to pay for that call. It is crap like this that cost the tax payers a lot of money.:mad:

I suppose that all depends on if its your cat or not Dean .....but you are right....it was very bad doing it that way and it is only fair that they are made to pay the costs. I think the one to come out of this best was the cat .

Question...how many people do you know that call their pet baby ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back