KS - Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32, killed, 2 injured in Olathe shooting, 22 Feb 2017

Snoopster

Reaction score
Terrible news. One of the victims died. One of the victims was trying to stand up to the shooter in a heroic move.
Two Garmin employees stopped at a bar in Olathe KS after work. An irate customer was making racial slurs before he shot them.
Another bar patron jumped up at the shooter after he thought he had no bullets left, but got shot in the process.

An Olathe man who reportedly told two strangers — Garmin engineers originally from India — to “get out of my country” before he shot them in an Olathe bar was charged Thursday with first-degree murder in the death of one of the victims.

Adam W. Purinton, 51, allegedly shot Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32; Alok Madasani, 32, of Overland Park, and another bar patron, 24-year-old Ian Grillot of Grandview.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article134459444.html#storylink=cpy

‘It wasn’t right,’ says Olathe man wounded at Austins while trying to stop shooter

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article134581204.html#storylink=cpy

Info about the victims:
‘His personality was exceptional’: Former manager remembers man killed in Olathe shooting

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article134634354.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article134634354.html

Terrible news. One of the victims died. One of the victims was trying to stand up to the shooter in a heroic move.
Two Garmin employees stopped at a bar in Olathe KS after work. An irate customer was making racial slurs before he shot them.
Another bar patron jumped up at the shooter after he thought he had no bullets left, but got shot in the process.

Info about the victims:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article134634354.html

This is truly horrifying.
I'm terrified we'll be seeing a lot more of this kind of thing in the near future given the current climate.

Disgusting. Fast track to DP, show people we will not tolerate hatred!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two sons who are Asian American. I live in fear of this kind of extremism and terror.

Why don't more people care about this incident? It boggles my mind.

Am I weird??

Am I weird??

Kansas City is in the Midwest, so the folks on the coasts don't notice.

Perhaps, on the weird part. We're in pretty good company here! :seeya:

Am I weird??
Honey. I don't think your weird. A bunch of us care. I never saw this on ny news... it breaks my heart. My personal theory is that some of us care so much that the current "feel" of the country scares us to death.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Am I weird??

I care! A lot. I wish this was allllllll over the news everywhere. This is the kind of people we really need to be afraid of right now. If this isn't prosecuted as the hate crime it was, I will FREAK out!

I care! A lot. I wish this was allllllll over the news everywhere. This is the kind of people we really need to be afraid of right now. If this isn't prosecuted as the hate crime it was, I will FREAK out!
I agree. We need to put more attention on the home grown type. Esp the hate crime kind.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I care this man was literally my sons neighbor, although he lived several houses down the street from him. so he didn't know him personally. Scared the you know what out me when they were looking for him. They ended up finding the suspect 70 miles away in Clinton, MO. Thank goodness!

I didn't post it here for the same reason, no one cares what happens in our area.

Also the Death Penalty is a joke in Kansas, even if they charge the man with it. imo

This is truly horrifying.
I'm terrified we'll be seeing a lot more of this kind of thing in the near future given the current climate.

Yep:(

I have two sons who are Asian American. I live in fear of this kind of extremism and terror.

Me too. I have a house full of brown boys. (Mexican American ones)

Kansas City is in the Midwest, so the folks on the coasts don't notice.

Perhaps, on the weird part. We're in pretty good company here! :seeya:

I'm on the west coast and I care a lot <3

You're making too much out of this if it's worrying you much more of this will take place. We have racism among us and for someone to just up and shoot people just because of their race is rare. They said this happened because of an argument. I'm wondering if the argument was about something other then these guys having brown skin? The man who shot these three was intoxicated and had a serious drinking problem. Not that his drinking and being highly intoxicated will have any effect on the crime he committed but may have an effect on him being charged with a hate crime. This case is where I find charging the bar with penalties should come into play. They were serving a very intoxicated person and allowing him to be a patron in their establishment. People that know the shooter are saying this kind of behavior was unknown to them. This man had been seriously depressed and was drinking heavily and the neighbors were checking on him regularly. Sounds like he just mentally snapped from drinking and possibly a mental health issue. I'm not looking at this incident as terrorism and most likely not a hate crime.

You're making too much out of this if it's worrying you much more of this will take place. We have racism among us and for someone to just up and shoot people just because of their race is rare. They said this happened because of an argument. I'm wondering if the argument was about something other then these guys having brown skin? The man who shot these three was intoxicated and had a serious drinking problem. Not that his drinking and being highly intoxicated will have any effect on the crime he committed but may have an effect on him being charged with a hate crime. This case is where I find charging the bar with penalties should come into play. They were serving a very intoxicated person and allowing him to be a patron in their establishment. People that know the shooter are saying this kind of behavior was unknown to them. This man had been seriously depressed and was drinking heavily and the neighbors were checking on him regularly. Sounds like he just mentally snapped from drinking and possibly a mental health issue. I'm not looking at this incident as terrorism and most likely not a hate crime.

They all say that. We will see.

This so called man left then came back to shot them. That is premeditated murder no way to get around it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Am I weird??

I care. I'm actually surprised this story hasn't been all over the place. Even so, it seems a lot of people care, since 4 donation pages for the victims have reached over $1 million combined. This article says donations have come from all 50 states and 39 countries:

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/-pages-for-olathe-shooting-victims-hit-1-million

:)

People with alcoholism and mental health problems can still commit terrorism and hate crimes.

Am I weird??

Because the media & politicians have lied so much about these incidents, nobody believes them anymore. For reference, see the story about the little boy who cried wolf.

BTW, white people have fears for their babies as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back