Brad Pitt to adopt Angelina Jolie's children

Anngelique

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate but I did not see it anywhere yet.

So much for wondering if they are truly romantically involved... LOL

LOS ANGELES - Brad Pitt is seeking to become the adoptive father of Angelina Jolie's children, the actor's publicist announced Friday.
A legal petition seeking to change the names of the children to Zahara Jolie-Pitt and Maddox Jolie-Pitt was filed Friday in Los Angeles, publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a written statement to The Associated Press.

"We are confirming that Brad Pitt is in the process of becoming the adoptive father of both children," the statement said. "No further comment is being made."

http://www.katu.com/stories/81526.html

Anngelique said:
Sorry if this is a duplicate but I did not see it anywhere yet.

So much for wondering if they are truly romantically involved... LOL

LOS ANGELES - Brad Pitt is seeking to become the adoptive father of Angelina Jolie's children, the actor's publicist announced Friday.
A legal petition seeking to change the names of the children to Zahara Jolie-Pitt and Maddox Jolie-Pitt was filed Friday in Los Angeles, publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a written statement to The Associated Press.

"We are confirming that Brad Pitt is in the process of becoming the adoptive father of both children," the statement said. "No further comment is being made."

http://www.katu.com/stories/81526.html
dang ... they are moving awfully fast. I hope they plan to stay together because the kids don't need to be toyed with.

Ya reckon they were secretly married? He is putting his last name on theirs.

Becba said:

I'm wondering the same thing. If they are just friends...as they say...or even just in a relationship its strange that he would adopt her children. I can't see any purpose if there is no long term commitment. Strange.

Becba said:

Yes, i think they are already married. i don't blame them for not letting the press know about whatever they do. i think the press are too intrusive even tho i'm dying to know what's what! :D

in fact, not giving a blow by blow account of their relationship may actually make the thing work.

good luck to the whole family. :dance:

Becba said:

According to this article, Pitt and Jolie have drawn up a pre-nup, so it appears they have not yet tied the knot.

Liz said:
According to this article, Pitt and Jolie have drawn up a pre-nup, so it appears they have not yet tied the knot.

Yup. and according to the same she has decided she'll change her name:

The magazine said said . . .

Jolie will also change her last name to Jolie-Pitt after the marriage, the magazine said

I like the sound of Jolie-Pitt, personally.

but let's face it, what do we (meaning the press) really know? the pair have played their cards so close to their chests thus far. :clap:

Maybe Jolie won't marry Pitt until he adopts the kids. He always wanted to have a family, so I say, good luck to all of them.

Liz said:
I read that they are planning to get married in December and that she wants to have a child by him. I guess time will tell. I surely hope that this marriage lasts and that she has changed since her days with Billy Bob. Does anyone remember the public displays that those two put on?? :rolleyes:

P.S. I guess that you all have heard that Gwenneth Paltrow, Brad's ex, is pregnant with her second child. It sounds like she is very happy! :)

as i posted on another thread i am thrilled for both of them. i think she has matured tremendously as a UN special ambassador and has her head on straight. she is so very devoted to her children i believe she feels this relationship with pitt is the real deal and forever. i wish them all the best!

I just heard on the radio that they were planning on getting married before the end of the year. I also heard a rumor that Jolie was taking prenatal vitamins. Good Luck to the whole family!

I am happy for the Jolie-Pitts. I too have been impressed with her work for the UN, and I respect how she has used her fame for good causes. I do hope that, at some point in time, these children will be able to put down some roots and stay put in the same place for a while. The jetset lifestyle has got to be hard on small children - flying here, there and everywhere. I hope she will be able to keep up her good works while still putting the children's needs first.

imho

sandraladeda said:
I am happy for the Jolie-Pitts. I too have been impressed with her work for the UN, and I respect how she has used her fame for good causes. I do hope that, at some point in time, these children will be able to put down some roots and stay put in the same place for a while. The jetset lifestyle has got to be hard on small children - flying here, there and everywhere. I hope she will be able to keep up her good works while still putting the children's needs first.

imho

I would imagine when Maddox starts school, the jet-set life may settle down into normality. :)

i do think Jolie has the children's best interests at heart.

I'm sorry but, I think what he did to Jennifer was just wrong and Angelina was no angel either. She KNEW he was a married man. I used to like Brad, not anymore. And as far as Angelina goes, I never did like her. I knew something was up when Brad was on Oprah and he said he didn't feel two people were destined to be together forever while he was still married to Jennifer :waitasec:

MrsMush99 said:
I'm sorry but, I think what he did to Jennifer was just wrong and Angelina was no angel either. She KNEW he was a married man. I used to like Brad, not anymore. And as far as Angelina goes, I never did like her. I knew something was up when Brad was on Oprah and he said he didn't feel two people were destined to be together forever while he was still married to Jennifer :waitasec:

People break up all the time. <shrug>

saying that part of not being destined to be together forever showed the way things were going quite clearly, i think.

Aniston and Pitt didn't have children together, at least. a fresh start for both of them (Aniston and Pitt). :)

Bobbisangel said:
I'm wondering the same thing. If they are just friends...as they say...or even just in a relationship its strange that he would adopt her children. I can't see any purpose if there is no long term commitment. Strange.
I agree. I think marriage should have come first. JMO though. I hope, for the sake of the children that it lasts.

nanandjim said:
I read that they are planning to get married in December and that she wants to have a child by him. I guess time will tell. I surely hope that this marriage lasts and that she has changed since her days with Billy Bob. Does anyone remember the public displays that those two put on?? :rolleyes:

P.S. I guess that you all have heard that Gwenneth Paltrow, Brad's ex, is pregnant with her second child. It sounds like she is very happy! :)
That is great! I think she is so pretty. I hope she doesn't call this one orange!~ :slap:

While I wish them well, I wouldn't allow him to adopt my children. My own son is adopted and i adopted while I was single. I married after & refused to allow my husband to adopt him.

MrsMush99 said:
Yeah, that was hokey. :waitasec: I think this marriage will last about as long as the first one did. I don't think he is any prize. :snooty:

Linda7NJ said:
While I wish them well, I wouldn't allow him to adopt my children. My own son is adopted and i adopted while I was single. I married after & refused to allow my husband to adopt him.
And that would be because...............?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back