Onassis heiress to wed in Brazil

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
It'll all end in tears! :boohoo:

One of the world's wealthiest women is getting married in Brazil in what's being called the wedding of the decade.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4494300.stm

Does anyone honestly see a happy ending to this marriage? he's too old for her and she's too young to get married anyway, IMO.

apparently her father was once called the top gigalo, but i think this gal's future husband can now claim the title for himself. :furious:

I think my invitation must have been lost in the mail!:p

I didn't realize she was 20 already!! She looks so much like her mother. I just hope she can find some happiness in this marriage. Her mother was never lucky at love. I wish her all the best.

Also notice that the advisors on the charitable board think she is too young to adminster the funds as well as haven't attended university. Seems like lots of dudes in line for picking at the family fortune.Not just the husband......long line of greedy, manipulative people. Tough road for anyone much less a 20 year old.

The article has her name wrong. Her name is Athina Onassis Roussel, not the other way around. Her last name is Roussel.

And I don't blame the foundation for not wanting her to be president. She IS too young, and she didn't go to college, and they're probably are a little wary of her after her father, Roussel slammed the foundation the way he did.

She seems a little like she's wasting her youth.

Blessings for a long and happy marriage. And maybe when she's older she can manage her grandfather's foundation.

Actually, you are correct. She is too young but I still say there is manipulation going on. With this kind of money some of it always goes to large administrative costs. Think United Way.

concernedperson said:
Actually, you are correct. She is too young but I still say there is manipulation going on. With this kind of money some of it always goes to large administrative costs. Think United Way.
No kidding. United Way wastes way too much money.:doh:

Floh said:
It'll all end in tears! :boohoo:

One of the world's wealthiest women is getting married in Brazil in what's being called the wedding of the decade.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4494300.stm

Does anyone honestly see a happy ending to this marriage? he's too old for her and she's too young to get married anyway, IMO.

apparently her father was once called the top gigalo, but i think this gal's future husband can now claim the title for himself. :furious:
I don't think 12 years apart is too much. My husband and I are farther apart than that.:eek:

deandaniellws said:
I don't think 12 years apart is too much. My husband and I are farther apart than that.:eek:

See, I didn't notice a big problem with age as much as her financial condition vs. his. I just see a lot of problems when one has always been privileged against someone who is not.

concernedperson said:
See, I didn't notice a big problem with age as much as her financial condition vs. his. I just see a lot of problems when one has always been privileged against someone who is not.
Yeah, he's got fame, she's got fortune....:D

Bless her and yes, good wishes.

in my opinion she hasn't stood much chance with all that money behind her.

too many picking at her fortune.

pretty much everyone.

imagine! :eek:

i so hope she doesn't go the way her mother did.

looking at Christina's life, it's clear money isn't really happiness. not that kind of money, anyway.

i don't believe those who have control of her charitable billion are not in it for themselves. :furious:

as to her name: i would wonder if she didn't choose to have Onassis as her surname anyway. seriously wondering about 'their' objections about her not going to collage or not speaking Greek (apparently she rebelled against 'Greekischness'); it's to do with the money, IMO. always the money.

really.

poor

little

rich

girl.

it will be a movie in our lifetime, sadly.

because something is laying in wait. :(

deandaniellws said:

To me, the difference is between 20 and 32.

later (like if she were 26), then the age difference wouldn't matter so much, i don't think.

there is a 9 year age difference between me and my partner. but we were older.

yes, i'm being subjective. :)

I just keep thinking about her. The world is her oyster. In her lifetime, if she tries hard and pays attention, she could completely change the world. The joy of having this much money, more than she could ever spend, is not what it buys but what changes you can make in the human condition.

She could pick a lifelong project, like elderly care, or creating opportunities for poor bright children, or work on a specific disease. And when she dies of old age, she could have made such a profound difference in the world it would be astounding.

Instead, it looks like she's opted out of college and now she's marrying young and I hope she's not throwing away her potential.

While I'm very sure that Athina is worldly and more experienced than the average 20 year old, I feel that 32 is too old for her. I have seen many pictures of the couple, and her new husband "Doda", as he is called, is
NEVER ever smiling. He always looks very aggressive and almost creepy.

I wish her well, and hope that he's not just after her money.

He has an adorable 6 year old daughter who will live with them....
talk about an instand family for a 20 year old!!

Floh said:
To me, the difference is between 20 and 32.

later (like if she were 26), then the age difference wouldn't matter so much, i don't think.

there is a 9 year age difference between me and my partner. but we were older.

yes, i'm being subjective. :)

Yes, I was 30 when I started dating my BF who was 50. We've been together 10 yrs. now.

I don't believe Athina is your typical 20 year old. I think she's had to grow up pretty quick. I don't think 12 years is a big difference. I just hope she finds more happiness than her poor mother did.

I think that this young lady probably has felt "used" her entire life. IMO, her father, Thierry, "used" her mother, Christine, and then "used" the child, Athina, to fund his lavish lifestyle. She is probably looking for stability and true love. I just hope that she has found it.

The thing that bothers me is that she is fighting for control of the fortune. Surely, she receives enough of an allowance to do whatever she wants to do. Is the husband-to-be pushing her to do this, or does she want control to maybe cut off her mooching father?

Thierry Roussel received milliions upon millions because he happened to produce a child with Christine Onassis. Even so, I think that I read years ago that he did treat Athina well when she came to live with him.

However, I can imagine that Athina felt different and like an outsider. The other children with his lover were all fair skinned with light blond hair and blue eyes whereas Athina, a beauty in her own right, had dark hair and dark eyes.

I wish her the best of luck and much happiness. :)

Daddy stays away as Onassis heiress weds her playboy

Some suspect that in the eyes of Mr Roussel, 52, and the Greek trustees of the Onassis fortune, the showjumper is a gold-digger who has bewitched a vulnerable young woman. A source close to Mr Roussel said: "He could not bear to see her marrying that man."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=370598&in_page_id=1811

Daddy knows best, IMO: because daddy was exactly the same as 'Doda' when daddy married Athena's mother.

takes one to know one . . .

Floh said:
Daddy knows best, IMO: because daddy was exactly the same as 'Doda' when daddy married Athena's mother.

takes one to know one . . .

Then again maybe Daddy is ticked because he won't be getting as much from her... In my opinion, her father is slime and didn't deserve a dime. I wish nothing but the best for Athina and pray things work out for her. I'm sure she has an iron-clad pre-nup.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back