Thread: Victim stabs her attacker

Victim stabs her attacker

After being raped inside her Germantown home by a stranger yesterday afternoon, a woman persuaded her attacker to let her take her toddler upstairs - and when she came back down, she had a knife.

Her attacker, a 51-year-old man whose name was withheld, was in critical condition last night at Albert Einstein Medical Center with a chest wound.

Police said the events leading up to the rape and the woman fighting back began about 2:30 p.m., when the man approached the woman's home in the 200 block of West Haines Street and asked if he could rake her leaves.

The 30-year-old woman, who was home alone with her 2-year-old child, declined, said Capt. John Darby of the Special Victims Unit.

The man then asked for a glass of water, which made the woman suspicious. She tried to shut the door, but the man forced his way inside and raped her at knifepoint, Darby said.

"The good news is that this individual will be in custody and not be a threat to the neighborhood, thanks to this particular woman," Darby said.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...a/13317965.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

News that makes me smile!

Why hide the SOB's identity?

Kudos to the woman for doing what she did.
    Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.

My opinion!

Goooood for her!!!

Who knows what he would have done to her child? She wasn't going to wait to find out! She had courage and managed to keep her cool to know how to get a knife herself and USE it!! He surely wasn't expecting that from her. I don't know why their not giving his name either, he's 51, not 15.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    Goooood for her!!!

Who knows what he would have done to her child? She wasn't going to wait to find out! She had courage and managed to keep her cool to know how to get a knife herself and USE it!! He surely wasn't expecting that from her. I don't know why their not giving his name either, he's 51, not 15.
    It is a lot like safety classes for kids.....run, scream fire etc. This time she knew that if she didn't try he would kill her and more than likely her baby. Her guardian angel was surely helping her.