Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Karen Ristevski: Police refuse to say if they have suspects in missing person case

7563232-3x2-340x227.jpg

Melbourne police refused to reveal if they had any suspects in the case of missing woman Karen Risteveski as they stepped up efforts to find her.

Detectives have set up an information caravan in her home suburb of Avondale Heights, in Melbourne's north-west and mounted police have searched parklands near her home.

Ms Ristevski has not used her mobile phone or bank accounts, or made contact with friends or family since June 29.

HUMAN REMAINS IDENTIFIED AT MOUNT MACEDON
Police can confirm the human remains found at Mount Macedon yesterday are that of missing Avondale Heights, woman Karen Ristevski.

Investigators received the results following forensic testing this afternoon.

Karen was last seen at her home address on Oakley Drive in Avondale Heights at about 10am on 29 June last year.

Her remains were located by a member of the public in bushland off Loch Road at Mount Macedon about 12.30pm yesterday.

Police conducted a line search at the scene today and are keen to speak to anyone that may have seen any suspicious activity in that area.

Missing Persons Squad detectives are appealing for anyone that may have been walking along the dirt track off Loch Road or anyone that may have seen any vehicles to contact them.

Investigators are also hoping to speak to anyone that may have been at Mount Macedon any time from June last year and took photos or any video footage in the area.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au.

Thread #1
​Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Please read and make sure you understand.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Time outs will be forth coming if you do not adhere to the rules, no questions asked.

Thank you.

Hello! First time poster. Lots of interesting insights here. :)

I sincerely hope KR's case is resolved soon with the perpetrators brought to justice. I think that LE are doing an incredible job gathering the requisite evidence to make an arrest and prosecute successfully. I hope it happens soon so that KR's family have some closure. My sincere condolences to KR's family. I have two questions:

1. is it known whether KR's mobile phone was found? if so, i wonder what evidence it might contain.

2. it's been suggested lime and/or fertiliser was found near the body. excuse my naivety, but what would these be used for? to aid body decomposition? I feel terrible even asking..

3. BR stated in an interview he has been reading about the case online, do you think he has been reading this forum?

Thanks!

We haven't been told if the phone has been found.

It could be speculated that the lime was naively brought to aid in decomposition....but we don't know if it was even brought to the site by the killer/s ..... or simply a rubbish dump job by someone unrelated to the case.

I personally haven't read where BR has been reading about the case...but I imagine as any normal person he has........ reading here?? ...... possible....it would come up on a google search if he typed in Karens name.

We haven't been told if the phone has been found.

It could be speculated that the lime was naively brought to aid in decomposition....but we don't know if it was even brought to the site by the killer/s ..... or simply a rubbish dump job by someone unrelated to the case.

I personally haven't read where BR has been reading about the case...but I imagine as any normal person he has........ reading here?? ...... possible....it would come up on a google search if he typed in Karens name.

Thank you Puggle. The mention of BR reading about the case online comes from the article in yesterday's Herald Sun: "A day in the life of Borce Ristevski". It's more to do with BR wanting to rectify what has been reported about his financial matters, but it led me to wonder if he would read this forum to see what is being speculated..

Yep..... my guess is he has been reading everything on the net.....and this site would certainly come up in any search.

Welcome to WS by the way.....

Time for me to head off ....

But stick around .....

Puggle x

"Karen was not exactly short. I defy anyone to carry a dead body in an Merc SLK without it being propped up in the passenger seat, which would raise a few eyebrows. The boot is 2x overnight bag size."

KR was 160cm and around 50kg is my estimate. You saying SLK boot would be too small to fit her in, even with legs folded? It has to be either boot or front seat. But if she died a night before body would stiffen up by 1030am and couldn't fit her in the boot without causing some damage, according to forensics there were no physical damage.

We know R family have a few cars, was SLK parked in garage or on the street that night/morning...any cctv in neighborhood covers that?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

"Determining her cause of death will be 'crucial' in order to prosecute someone in connection with her death, defence lawyer Bernie Balmer said.

'In order to charge and prosecute someone for murder you've got to eliminate all other possibilities – that it wasn't an accident,' he told the paper."

What if forensics are unable to determine the cause of death? Does it mean it is virtually impossible to prosecute someone without knowing 'cause of death'

"Determining her cause of death will be 'crucial' in order to prosecute someone in connection with her death, defence lawyer Bernie Balmer said.

'In order to charge and prosecute someone for murder you've got to eliminate all other possibilities – that it wasn't an accident,' he told the paper."

What if forensics are unable to determine the cause of death? Does it mean it is virtually impossible to prosecute someone without knowing 'cause of death'

It is possible to prosecute without knowing the cause of death or the mode of death. Gerard Baden Clay is a good example. They were unable to determine how Allison died due to decomposition, but they successfully prosecuted her murderous husband.

Same can happen here. imo

Because Karen sure as heck did not take herself off to the forest and lay herself down in the V of those tree trunks. There will be evidence all over the place .... from the start of this terrible event, to the conclusion in that quiet out-of-the-way place.

I was reminded of this fabulous post by Steve Richardson, Karen's birth cousin, from September last year - so I just want to reference it here. It speaks of the time Sarah came home on 29th, and Karen's typical non-ballistic manner.

Sarah said she first heard about Karen missing when she got home at about 7pm that day .....

Sarah said her mum went ballistic which I am guessing no family or friends have seen her like that as not her manner.

Much more at link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ne-Vic-29-June-2016-6&p=12820411#post12820411

I have three points to note:

1) VR is connected to the racing industry. Maybe he procured something from a vet and Karen was injected with it and killed that way; and, via decomp, it is no longer traceable.

2) I have a suspicion that either of the following MIGHT have happened:

A) AR framed Borce to then extort/blackmail Borce; but Borce covered up the body and offered the excuse Karen went for a walk, and AR's plans fell through. It makes sense to me that Karen met AR to speak about their 'family conflict', as it's been labelled in the media. So AR would have had opportunity to kill Karen and to frame Borce for it. Borce's drive up the Calder could have been to see AR in relation to this scenario. Imagine AR calls Borce and says, hey dad, guess what, I've tied up Karen (Karen screams in the background), come and get her, or i'll kill her. When Borce arrives up there she is already dead. AR says, i'll tell the cops you did it, and he then begins laughing manically, like a true evil mastermind. Borce panics, *advertiser censored* bricks, and enlists Vasko to clean it up, and AR gets paid some money to shut up about it all. This is a bit hazy, but it is possible. Is this likely? Not sure. But put it this way: if this has happened, it wouldn't shock me. If AR is involved, none of us would doubt it, though we'd all be truly appalled.

B) AR was enlisted in the murder and/or coverup of the murder of Karen. Borce promised AR a reward for helping with the coverup, and Borce did not deliver and now AR is pissed and he's fuming on facebook.

A and B are contradictory, though they are all plausible. I have a suspicion something like this happened.

I also think it's possible Karen was going to give money to AR from her inheritance and Borce was deadset against it.

I have three points to note:

A) AR framed Borce to then extort/blackmail Borce............

B) AR was enlisted in the murder and/or coverup of the murder of Karen..........

Nah,

Think he's a bit out there for that.

Too prone to putting it all out there.

What really gets me is the TOTAL air of denial exists in regards to his allegations.

Nice respectable girls would not be like that.
Take off the rose coloured tunnel vision glasses people, it happens....

I may not be the case, BUT there's way too much naivety here on this matter.

That said, investigators won't be so green.

Try these links....

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Female+teacher+charged+with+having+sex+with+students&*

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...7/news-story/bebeabbbb87af5c06012d169bba23f27

I was reminded of this fabulous post by Steve Richardson, Karen's birth cousin, from September last year - so I just want to reference it here. It speaks of the time Sarah came home on 29th, and Karen's typical non-ballistic manner.

Sarah said she first heard about Karen missing when she got home at about 7pm that day .....

Sarah said her mum went ballistic which I am guessing no family or friends have seen her like that as not her manner.

Much more at link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ne-Vic-29-June-2016-6&p=12820411#post12820411

According to Steve's post, SR didn't know her mother was missing until 7pm.

I've just got a shiver down my spine as I recently read the article speaking to one of Karen's best friends who reported that during the day she received a text from SR saying... "have you seen Mum?"

It doesn't add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah,

Think he's a bit out there for that.

Too prone to putting it all out there.

What really gets me is the TOTAL air of denial exists in regards to his allegations.

Nice respectable girls would not be like that.
Take off the rose coloured tunnel vision glasses people, it happens....

I may not be the case, BUT there's way too much naivety here on this matter.

That said, investigators won't be so green.

Try these links....

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Female+teacher+charged+with+having+sex+with+students&*

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...7/news-story/bebeabbbb87af5c06012d169bba23f27

I don't believe anyone has said that nice, respectable girls would not be like that. Nor are most of us that naive. No rose coloured glasses here.

Many of us just do not believe that it has much/anything to do with the murder. Which is what we are discussing here.
The story has been propagated for many years .... since Anthony first resided with Borce and Karen, apparently.

It is not new news. And Anthony has had many opportunities to take the matter further, should he have so desired. Now that is not possible. So why continue on with it, and potentially smear Karen's name ... when she is no longer here to defend herself ... or admit to the event?

According to Steve's post, SR didn't know her mother was missing until 7pm.

I've just got a shiver down my spine as I recently read the article speaking to one of Karen's best friends who reported that during the day she received a text from SR saying... "have you seen Mum?"

It doesn't add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No .. a lot of things don't add up, for a daughter who used to speak to her mother many times each day on the phone. And I think that is what Steve is trying to highlight in his post.

It may have been to some, & created an adverse reaction...

Particularly if it was about to become general knowledge.

That's the thing, Phil. Anthony's old acquaintance (on this board) said it was general knowledge.

Perhaps not to Sarah, not sure about that. But I believe Borce had heard it before, and Anthony was frustrated with Borce's lack of response.

No rose coloured glasses here.

Now I'm not have a personal attack here South Aussie.

But so may people will say what a Wonderful person my Ex-wife is; just lovely...

I have ONE, JUST ONE external witness to her going ballistic, hurling an object thru a window for little apparent reason.

One of many, objects, mugs or plates that served as missiles, dozens.

There are two others who confirm this, both teenagers now & had been present witness on many occasions.

They love their mother & live with her on a 50% basis, and to this day, confirm that the behaviour continues.

Now I'm not have a personal attack here South Aussie.

But so may people will say what a Wonderful person my Ex-wife is; just lovely...

I have ONE, JUST ONE external witness to her going ballistic, hurling an object thru a window for little apparent reason.

One of many, objects, mugs or plates that served as missiles, dozens.

There are two others who confirm this, both teenagers now & had been present witness on many occasions.

They love their mother & live with her on a 50% basis, and to this day, confirm that the behaviour continues.

No worries, I was not taking it personally. :)
And I was speaking for myself and the others that I have seen on many threads on WS where some horrible crimes against children have occurred.

Sorry to hear about the violence the teenagers you speak of have to witness. No child deserves to fear such outbursts.

Exactly my point.

Point taken.

And it may account for the (rumoured) unusually poor relationship between Sarah and her mum during the weeks prior to Karen's murder - and the apparent lack (?) of many phone calls between Sarah and Karen on the day of Karen's disappearance, as questioned by Steve Richardson in the post of his that I referenced on pg 1 of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail