690 users online (77 members and 613 guests)  

Websleuths News

UT - Sex offender accused of trying to kill prosecutor

Convicted sex offender Karl Otterson has been accused of hiring a supposed hit man to kill a Utah County prosecutor.

Otterson, 40, was charged Thursday with first-degree felony solicitation of aggravated murder.

He is accused of hiring a man, who actually was an undercover officer, to kill Deputy Utah County Attorney David Sturgill to prevent him from being at Otterson's sentencing.

According to court documents, an inmate at the Utah County jail told authorities in August that Otterson was looking for someone to kill Sturgill. The inmate told Otterson he knew someone who could do the job, according to the documents. On Aug. 29, an undercover officer visited Otterson at the jail.

Otterson communicated by notes, allegedly telling the officer to collect $1,000 from his mother in Orem and buy a gun if he needed one.

The money "was to take care of David Sturgill," according to court documents.

The undercover officer picked up $910 from Otterson's mother Aug. 31.

Otterson's mother indicated she thought the money was to get her son to a treatment facility, instead of prison, according to court documents.

She also told an investigator she has paid out approximately $14,000 to have her son placed in a treatment facility.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

In heels
    How scary for the Prosecutor, that goodness that inmate ratted him out.

and Mom needs to get her head out of the sand.

A child molester. Why am I not surprised?

There's a certain type of child molester whose mother seems to be the primary reason they're the sociopathic monsters that they are. Ove-indulged, over-valued mama's boys. Wanna bet this is the case?

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    It sure sounds like it, BillyGoatGruff.