'Missile' Fired at Jetliner Near LAX

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Arial, Helvetica]FBI agents and Homeland Security officials spent the weekend investigating the report of a possible missile fired at an American Airlines plane taking off from Los Angeles International Airport. [/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica] Sources tell ABC News the pilot of American Airlines Flight 621, en route to Chicago, radioed air traffic controllers after takeoff from LAX. He told them a missile had been fired at the aircraft and missed. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] The plane was over water when the pilot said he saw a smoke trail pass by the cockpit. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]FBI agents believe it was a flare or a bottle rocket, but say they may never know if that's what it actually was.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]http://www.kyw1060.com/news_archives_detail.cfm?newsitemid=50753
[/font]

Casshew said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica]FBI agents and Homeland Security officials spent the weekend investigating the report of a possible missile fired at an American Airlines plane taking off from Los Angeles International Airport. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Sources tell ABC News the pilot of American Airlines Flight 621, en route to Chicago, radioed air traffic controllers after takeoff from LAX. He told them a missile had been fired at the aircraft and missed. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The plane was over water when the pilot said he saw a smoke trail pass by the cockpit. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]FBI agents believe it was a flare or a bottle rocket, but say they may never know if that's what it actually was.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]http://www.kyw1060.com/news_archives_detail.cfm?newsitemid=50753
[/font]
Oh My.....I do hope it was a flare!

Casshew said:
[/font]

Sounds like wishful thinking on the part of the FBI.

Hi Buzz,

Hope you're doing well with your broken ribs! I've been wishing you a swift recovery!

This is bizarre. If a missle was shot off would it be done from land or another plane? That would have to be some powerful flare wouldn't it to go up and fly so quickly?

If a missle was sent off Buzz, is there a logical place where it would have been shot off from? If it was shot off from land someone surely would have heard or seen it go off into the wild blue, right?

Scandi

Hmmm, this is interesting. I believe this is what happened to Flight TWA 800, shot down by a missle. Many eyewitnesses said they saw a missle go up and the plane come down. I have a friend who is an air traffic controller at LaGuardia Airport. He said it's pretty much common knowlege that's what happened.

This is so bizarre. Could a flare or a bottle rocket reach that high??

Also, how can the FBI not be investigating this? A missile???
Who could have fired it?

scandi said:
Hi Buzz,

Hope you're doing well with your broken ribs! I've been wishing you a swift recovery!

This is bizarre. If a missle was shot off would it be done from land or another plane? That would have to be some powerful flare wouldn't it to go up and fly so quickly?

If a missle was sent off Buzz, is there a logical place where it would have been shot off from? If it was shot off from land someone surely would have heard or seen it go off into the wild blue, right?

Scandi
If the plane was over water, the rocket could have been launched from a boat or dock or stretch of beach--odds would be no one would see or hear it at this time of year. Considering that gang bangers have been found with bazookas, it's not impossible for someone to get their hands on a STA launcher (Surface To Air).

MrsMush99 said:
Hmmm, this is interesting. I believe this is what happened to Flight TWA 800, shot down by a missle. Many eyewitnesses said they saw a missle go up and the plane come down. I have a friend who is an air traffic controller at LaGuardia Airport. He said it's pretty much common knowlege that's what happened.
That's what I have heard about Flight 800...I have a sister in law that was flying for TWA at the time and was scheduled for that flight. The girl she switched with called her a couple days prior and traded days... :(

I have heard that elements of Al Qaeda are all over our country...and that many have shoulder fired missles. :( And suitcase nukes. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back