LA - 28 injured when car runs into Mardi Gras parade, 25 Feb 2017

Please let this just be an accident. I'm trying to cook dinner and find info.

From the looks of things LE has made an arrest. If you scrolling through the photos in the link in the story in the first post, there is a headline under a photo that says an arrest has been made. Then under another photo it says David Hammer allegedly hit people watching the parade. Sounds like this is most likely a DUI situation. Hate that this happened. Praying for the injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, thank you. They must have updated because I didn't see anything about an arrest. Prayers for the injured. Hate to say but I'm kinda glad it was just an intoxicated dumbarse.
I hate seeing these incidents of vehicles plowing through crowds, which seem to be increasing. At least this does appear to be "accidental" (DUI) rather than intentional. I am worried about the 5 in critical condition.

Didn't something of this nature happen at Mardi Gras last year, or was it a shooting? :sigh:

Humm

There are several of us that have shared our lives with one another as it relates to the world around us. I def am not as into (as MSM) everything is ISIS.

However, my initial gut here, (come on older ones here!_ before DUI was what it is and needs to be) we all drove around pretty blasted.

He may have been drunk, but this notion, that an impaired person can't see or know 800 people are in front of him is kinda ludicrous IMO.

Only speculation but my gut is depressed person (just think mass shooter with a car) . I can grasp running into a pole when drunk , but running over people has to only mo, have some intent.

Someone that drunk that can't see a street full of people could not drive long enough to do so.

This was a "collection" of people

Only speculation but if one is blindly drunk how did he keep the car on the road for whatever

From the looks of things LE has made an arrest. If you scrolling through the photos in the link in the story in the first post, there is a headline under a photo that says an arrest has been made. Then under another photo it says David Hammer allegedly hit people watching the parade. Sounds like this is most likely a DUI situation. Hate that this happened. Praying for the injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe David Hammer is a reporter.....not the person who was arrested.

https://twitter.com/davidhammerWWL

Give me a break, I hear Funky Town blasting in the live stream - bunch of people just got run over - turn off the music how rude

The parade is still going on - I love New Orleans love love love but there is a time when the party - even in NO must stop moo

I hate seeing these incidents of vehicles plowing through crowds, which seem to be increasing. At least this does appear to be "accidental" (DUI) rather than intentional. I am worried about the 5 in critical condition.

Didn't something of this nature happen at Mardi Gras last year, or was it a shooting? :sigh:

Hi Indy

I agree cars running over people seems to be more prevalent.

at this point I am going drunk intentional speculation only , but goodness how can someone not see a street of people with all sorts of colors on driving?

That makes like no brain processing capabilities if that makes sense. Does it?

It hits me more as I wanna go kill people, am get blasted before I do it .

In background at least a dozen critical

3-4 year old hurt

7 declined transport to hospital

taken to 7 a hospital

Earlier a dude in a porta potta a gun went off

Gray pickup

Severe head, coma,ventilators

female officer hurt

happened at the busiest corner of the parade

driver around 20

Local news cell phone stuff is so messed up they cant even a signal

David Hammer is reporter

There with his family

It wont cut and paste - I just saw a pic of him. Does he look disheveled yes

http://www.wdsu.com/article/nopd-do...ehicle-crashes-into-crowd-in-mid-city/8981048

It makes me think of the sxsw incident that happened a couple of years ago. I can't watch any live news because my kids are awake and here with me. But my first instinct was it wasn't accidental. But then I think of the girl in Oklahoma who plowed through the homecoming parade. Ugh. I'm just saddened overall.

Hi Indy

I agree cars running over people seems to be more prevalent.

at this point I am going drunk intentional speculation only , but goodness how can someone not see a street of people with all sorts of colors on driving?

That makes like no brain processing capabilities if that makes sense. Does it?

It hits me more as I wanna go kill people, am get blasted before I do it .
I was just about to respond to your previous post about the possibility the driver was depressed. Snipped from the Heavy article:
NOLA.com quoted an eyewitness as saying of the driver: “It seemed like he got pissed off because all of a sudden he slammed the gas and his back tires started and it seemed like his foot never left the gas pedal.”
http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/live-...o-crowd-terrorism-isis-accident-photos-video/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back