1341 users online (274 members and 1067 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    342

    118 and the Bible

    I forgot the source address but this is what I found out about 118 and the Bible (of course without having checked the whole bible myself):

    (1) Psalm 118 is the middle chapter of the entire bible.
    (2) Psalm 117, before Psalm 118 is the shortest chapter in the bible.

    (3) Psalm 119, after Psalm 118 is the longest chapter in the bible.

    (4) The Bible has 594 chapters before Psalm 118 and 594 chapters after Psalm 118.

    (5) If you add up all the chapters except Psalm 118, you get a total of 1188 chapters.

    (6) 1188 or Psalm 118 verse 8 is the middle verse of the entire bible. Should the central verse not have a fairly important message?

    "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." - Psalm 118:8

    Is this central verse not also the central theme of the entire Bible?

    If this is true, then 118 would be special to someone who has studied the bible extensively.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupert
    I forgot the source address but this is what I found out about 118 and the Bible (of course without having checked the whole bible myself):

    (1) Psalm 118 is the middle chapter of the entire bible.
    (2) Psalm 117, before Psalm 118 is the shortest chapter in the bible.

    (3) Psalm 119, after Psalm 118 is the longest chapter in the bible.

    (4) The Bible has 594 chapters before Psalm 118 and 594 chapters after Psalm 118.

    (5) If you add up all the chapters except Psalm 118, you get a total of 1188 chapters.

    (6) 1188 or Psalm 118 verse 8 is the middle verse of the entire bible. Should the central verse not have a fairly important message?

    "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." - Psalm 118:8

    Is this central verse not also the central theme of the entire Bible?

    If this is true, then 118 would be special to someone who has studied the bible extensively.
    Or someone with entirely too much time on their hands!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    Interesting Rupert, some of that information I have come across before but thanks for sharing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Or someone with entirely too much time on their hands!
    I have to agree. I do appreciate your work, Rupert and thanks for sharing your findings. However, I have to think these are just very interesting coincidences.
    Above is my opinion only

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    342

    Coincidence?

    Perhaps a coincidence. Perhaps not. The belief that 118 is the center of the Bible has been made well before JonBenet and also there was some acrostics were commonly known. So, I can see why the BPD and some linguistics came up with that suspicious connection: that the ransom note author had this in mind.

    Here is the source plus some others after which support and challenge the special location of Psalm 118:
    http://www.greaterthings.com/Word-Number/CenterofBible/Psalm118.htm

    http://christianteens.about.com/cs/s...iblecenter.htm

    http://www.snopes.com/religion/center.htm

    http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/psalms/psalm118.htm

    http://www.bartleby.com/108/19/118.html

    http://www.totse.com/en/religion/chr...oft179718.html

    http://prayerfoundation.org/not_cent...ible_118_8.htm

    http://www.cdu.jesusanswers.com/photo6.html

    Also, the Psalm 118 mentions Victory numerous times. I now think there is a good chance that the RN author was thinking about Psalm 118.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    There's gotta be something in it.
    Just makes me think of Patsy, who I believe wrote the note. I think both her and John played a part in that.
    What strange coincidence that John's bonus was 118 000 (give or take a few dollars) as well.
    I've said it before and no doubt say it again, the amount of quirky coincidences that surround this case are absolutely amazing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,915
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    There's gotta be something in it.
    Just makes me think of Patsy, who I believe wrote the note. I think both her and John played a part in that.
    What strange coincidence that John's bonus was 118 000 (give or take a few dollars) as well.
    I've said it before and no doubt say it again, the amount of quirky coincidences that surround this case are absolutely amazing.
    That makes sense, i never heard that before.....Things that make you go , hmmmm........

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pa, USA
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    There's gotta be something in it.
    Just makes me think of Patsy, who I believe wrote the note. I think both her and John played a part in that.
    What strange coincidence that John's bonus was 118 000 (give or take a few dollars) as well.
    I've said it before and no doubt say it again, the amount of quirky coincidences that surround this case are absolutely amazing.
    And would you not find it odd that PR or JR would suggest using this amount as a ransome demand? Knowing that it is JR's bonus amount.

    Don't you think that the writers of a fake RN would simply choose a random figure? Like 50,000 thousand dollars?

    If the R's did write the RN why would they try to point the finger at anyone in piticular? Like some one who would know this bonus amount? I'm sure they would want the RN to be as abstract as possible.

    Unless you think there having fun with all this after killing their daughter.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman
    And would you not find it odd that PR or JR would suggest using this amount as a ransome demand? Knowing that it is JR's bonus amount.

    Don't you think that the writers of a fake RN would simply choose a random figure? Like 50,000 thousand dollars?

    If the R's did write the RN why would they try to point the finger at anyone in piticular? Like some one who would know this bonus amount? I'm sure they would want the RN to be as abstract as possible.

    Unless you think there having fun with all this after killing their daughter.
    Zman
    Come on, of course I don't think the Ramsey's 'had fun' with the crime scene staging, I think they did what they thought they had to do.
    All I know is that Patsy was a bible freak and I think they chose that figure to reinforce John's idea of an 'inside job', yep like someone who would know that amount. That'd keep the cops busy for a while because it could have been anyone that had been inside their house, apparently John left his cheque books stubs lying around for anyone to see.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman
    If the R's did write the RN why would they try to point the finger at anyone in piticular? Like some one who would know this bonus amount? I'm sure they would want the RN to be as abstract as possible.
    But that would be what Patsy did, in a Patsy-did-it theory. She claims up and down that she had no idea what John's income was, let alone what his bonus amount was. Now, this becomes absurd when you see the character testimony given by her family and friends as to how she was known prior to JonBenet's death as a woman who knew every single detail about the lives of her family and friends, down to their favorite colors and flowers. Patsy handled the finances of Burke's and JonBenet's school for the Good Fairy Project which funded the purchase of school supplies. According to the school principal, Patsy was so organized in keeping track of the project's finances that she set up a spreadsheet to track down to the penny just what supplies were needed by just what teachers in what classes. So this fake "I am an idiot about finances, I must have money because I have blank checks" mask Patsy put on for DOI and in her interviews is a patent fraud. Given that, in the real world, Patsy would have known what John's bonus was. But in the fake world of an intruder theory, Patsy wants to pretend that she knows nothing about the bonus, and therefore could not possibly have been the person who wrote the note because that number would never have occurred to her.

    There you have it, then. The writer of the ransom note could indeed be a Ramsey pointing at herself, who always tries desperately to convince the world that she is not the one being pointing at. Thsi is called "hiding in plain sight," or, as the Ramseys so helpfully titled a chapter of their book, "Tell It Often, Tell It Loud."
    "That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." -- Anne Elk


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,384
    118 is the bonus money for JR. It only meant something to the Ramseys. But of course they felt they were so important that it would be taken as a real threat on JBR life. The whole ransom note is to John about John's work and written by PR.

    If you read DOI you will find over half the book is JR talking about his work. PR bought it that he was THAT important and they tried to put it on his job. I would put it on his fondness for little girls. He scammed PR and everyone that knew him. He was caught, his daughter died and yet he could still talk PR into covering.
    Not the first or last time it happened.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    QUOTE>>Your only assuming about PR. Making up what you wish.<<

    Geez Zman you v'e got a real thing for Patsy haven't you!!!!
    Defend her till the cows come home you would!
    I very much doubt Why Nutt has made anything up, you just need to do some reading on the case to learn a little bit more about Patsy Ramsey me thinks!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    749

    other coincidences-just bizarre

    This should be in the parking lot, but I couldn't resist:
    Isn't it bizarre that Patsy's attorney's name was Pat Burke. It's like pointing to two suspects in his own name, PR and BR. It's almost like a
    "sign" who was involved.
    It kind of reminds of the guy who sold Peterson the boat he used to dump Lacy. He bought it from a man named Peterson who was totally unrelated to Scott.
    It's kind of like Vitale's husband, Horowitz, who became famous for discussing the SP case on TV and then a guy named Scott
    kills his wife.
    I always find it fascinating how names can be such unrelated coincidences but can almost be seen as "signs."
    The last one is the "Amber Alert" for missing children. Isn't it interesting how
    Amber Frey was the one who help the prosecutors for the missing Lacy and Connor.
    Does anyone else out there finds these strange coincidences when they
    read about cases??

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    I don't really follow that many other cases.
    That was interesting Ellen!
    The coincidences surrounding this one are amazing (there I did say it again lol, knew I would).
    I think coincidences are meant to tell us something.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    118 is the bonus money for JR. It only meant something to the Ramseys. But of course they felt they were so important that it would be taken as a real threat on JBR life. The whole ransom note is to John about John's work and written by PR.

    If you read DOI you will find over half the book is JR talking about his work. PR bought it that he was THAT important and they tried to put it on his job. I would put it on his fondness for little girls. He scammed PR and everyone that knew him. He was caught, his daughter died and yet he could still talk PR into covering.
    Not the first or last time it happened.
    Besides the BDI theory, I go with this one too.
    Patsy would not have wanted the world to know she was married to a child molester.
    How do you that see that playing out Becba? Just curious.....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast