118 and the Bible

Rupert

Former Member
Reaction score
I forgot the source address but this is what I found out about 118 and the Bible (of course without having checked the whole bible myself):

(1) Psalm 118 is the middle chapter of the entire bible.
(2) Psalm 117, before Psalm 118 is the shortest chapter in the bible.

(3) Psalm 119, after Psalm 118 is the longest chapter in the bible.

(4) The Bible has 594 chapters before Psalm 118 and 594 chapters after Psalm 118.

(5) If you add up all the chapters except Psalm 118, you get a total of 1188 chapters.

(6) 1188 or Psalm 118 verse 8 is the middle verse of the entire bible. Should the central verse not have a fairly important message?

"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." - Psalm 118:8

Is this central verse not also the central theme of the entire Bible?

If this is true, then 118 would be special to someone who has studied the bible extensively.

Rupert said:
I forgot the source address but this is what I found out about 118 and the Bible (of course without having checked the whole bible myself):

(1) Psalm 118 is the middle chapter of the entire bible.
(2) Psalm 117, before Psalm 118 is the shortest chapter in the bible.

(3) Psalm 119, after Psalm 118 is the longest chapter in the bible.

(4) The Bible has 594 chapters before Psalm 118 and 594 chapters after Psalm 118.

(5) If you add up all the chapters except Psalm 118, you get a total of 1188 chapters.

(6) 1188 or Psalm 118 verse 8 is the middle verse of the entire bible. Should the central verse not have a fairly important message?

"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." - Psalm 118:8

Is this central verse not also the central theme of the entire Bible?

If this is true, then 118 would be special to someone who has studied the bible extensively.
Or someone with entirely too much time on their hands!

Interesting Rupert, some of that information I have come across before but thanks for sharing.

Linda7NJ said:
Or someone with entirely too much time on their hands!

I have to agree. I do appreciate your work, Rupert and thanks for sharing your findings. However, I have to think these are just very interesting coincidences. :blushing:

Perhaps a coincidence. Perhaps not. The belief that 118 is the center of the Bible has been made well before JonBenet and also there was some acrostics were commonly known. So, I can see why the BPD and some linguistics came up with that suspicious connection: that the ransom note author had this in mind.

Here is the source plus some others after which support and challenge the special location of Psalm 118:
http://www.greaterthings.com/Word-Number/CenterofBible/Psalm118.htm

http://christianteens.about.com/cs/sermons/a/biblecenter.htm

http://www.snopes.com/religion/center.htm

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/psalms/psalm118.htm

http://www.bartleby.com/108/19/118.html

http://www.totse.com/en/religion/christianity/psalmcenteroft179718.html

http://prayerfoundation.org/not_center_verse_of_bible_118_8.htm

http://www.cdu.jesusanswers.com/photo6.html

Also, the Psalm 118 mentions Victory numerous times. I now think there is a good chance that the RN author was thinking about Psalm 118.

There's gotta be something in it.
Just makes me think of Patsy, who I believe wrote the note. I think both her and John played a part in that.
What strange coincidence that John's bonus was 118 000 (give or take a few dollars) as well.
I've said it before and no doubt say it again, the amount of quirky coincidences that surround this case are absolutely amazing.

narlacat said:
Just makes me think of Patsy, who I believe wrote the note. I think both her and John played a part in that.
What strange coincidence that John's bonus was 118 000 (give or take a few dollars) as well.
I've said it before and no doubt say it again, the amount of quirky coincidences that surround this case are absolutely amazing.
That makes sense, i never heard that before.....Things that make you go , hmmmm........:waitasec:

narlacat said:
And would you not find it odd that PR or JR would suggest using this amount as a ransome demand? Knowing that it is JR's bonus amount.

Don't you think that the writers of a fake RN would simply choose a random figure? Like 50,000 thousand dollars?

If the R's did write the RN why would they try to point the finger at anyone in piticular? Like some one who would know this bonus amount? I'm sure they would want the RN to be as abstract as possible.

Unless you think there having fun with all this after killing their daughter.

Zman said:
And would you not find it odd that PR or JR would suggest using this amount as a ransome demand? Knowing that it is JR's bonus amount.

Don't you think that the writers of a fake RN would simply choose a random figure? Like 50,000 thousand dollars?

If the R's did write the RN why would they try to point the finger at anyone in piticular? Like some one who would know this bonus amount? I'm sure they would want the RN to be as abstract as possible.

Unless you think there having fun with all this after killing their daughter.
Zman
Come on, of course I don't think the Ramsey's 'had fun' with the crime scene staging, I think they did what they thought they had to do.
All I know is that Patsy was a bible freak and I think they chose that figure to reinforce John's idea of an 'inside job', yep like someone who would know that amount. That'd keep the cops busy for a while because it could have been anyone that had been inside their house, apparently John left his cheque books stubs lying around for anyone to see.

Zman said:

But that would be what Patsy did, in a Patsy-did-it theory. She claims up and down that she had no idea what John's income was, let alone what his bonus amount was. Now, this becomes absurd when you see the character testimony given by her family and friends as to how she was known prior to JonBenet's death as a woman who knew every single detail about the lives of her family and friends, down to their favorite colors and flowers. Patsy handled the finances of Burke's and JonBenet's school for the Good Fairy Project which funded the purchase of school supplies. According to the school principal, Patsy was so organized in keeping track of the project's finances that she set up a spreadsheet to track down to the penny just what supplies were needed by just what teachers in what classes. So this fake "I am an idiot about finances, I must have money because I have blank checks" mask Patsy put on for DOI and in her interviews is a patent fraud. Given that, in the real world, Patsy would have known what John's bonus was. But in the fake world of an intruder theory, Patsy wants to pretend that she knows nothing about the bonus, and therefore could not possibly have been the person who wrote the note because that number would never have occurred to her.

There you have it, then. The writer of the ransom note could indeed be a Ramsey pointing at herself, who always tries desperately to convince the world that she is not the one being pointing at. Thsi is called "hiding in plain sight," or, as the Ramseys so helpfully titled a chapter of their book, "Tell It Often, Tell It Loud."

118 is the bonus money for JR. It only meant something to the Ramseys. But of course they felt they were so important that it would be taken as a real threat on JBR life. The whole ransom note is to John about John's work and written by PR.

If you read DOI you will find over half the book is JR talking about his work. PR bought it that he was THAT important and they tried to put it on his job. I would put it on his fondness for little girls. He scammed PR and everyone that knew him. He was caught, his daughter died and yet he could still talk PR into covering.
Not the first or last time it happened.

QUOTE>>Your only assuming about PR. Making up what you wish.<<

Geez Zman you v'e got a real thing for Patsy haven't you!!!!
Defend her till the cows come home you would!
I very much doubt Why Nutt has made anything up, you just need to do some reading on the case to learn a little bit more about Patsy Ramsey me thinks!

This should be in the parking lot, but I couldn't resist::truce:
Isn't it bizarre that Patsy's attorney's name was Pat Burke. It's like pointing to two suspects in his own name, PR and BR. It's almost like a
"sign" who was involved.
It kind of reminds of the guy who sold Peterson the boat he used to dump Lacy. He bought it from a man named Peterson who was totally unrelated to Scott.
It's kind of like Vitale's husband, Horowitz, who became famous for discussing the SP case on TV and then a guy named Scott
kills his wife.
I always find it fascinating how names can be such unrelated coincidences but can almost be seen as "signs."
The last one is the "Amber Alert" for missing children. Isn't it interesting how
Amber Frey was the one who help the prosecutors for the missing Lacy and Connor.
Does anyone else out there finds these strange coincidences when they
read about cases??

I don't really follow that many other cases.
That was interesting Ellen!
The coincidences surrounding this one are amazing (there I did say it again lol, knew I would).
I think coincidences are meant to tell us something.

Becba said:
118 is the bonus money for JR. It only meant something to the Ramseys. But of course they felt they were so important that it would be taken as a real threat on JBR life. The whole ransom note is to John about John's work and written by PR.

If you read DOI you will find over half the book is JR talking about his work. PR bought it that he was THAT important and they tried to put it on his job. I would put it on his fondness for little girls. He scammed PR and everyone that knew him. He was caught, his daughter died and yet he could still talk PR into covering.
Not the first or last time it happened.
Besides the BDI theory, I go with this one too.
Patsy would not have wanted the world to know she was married to a child molester.
How do you that see that playing out Becba? Just curious.....

narlacat said:
QUOTE>>Your only assuming about PR. Making up what you wish.<<

Geez Zman you v'e got a real thing for Patsy haven't you!!!!
Defend her till the cows come home you would!
I very much doubt Why Nutt has made anything up, you just need to do some reading on the case to learn a little bit more about Patsy Ramsey me thinks!

Without question, Why_Nutt knows what she/he is talking about. I don't know anyone else who understands this case more and puts all the pieces together like Why_Nutt.

Zman, search for all of Why_Nutt's posts. That is a great place to start to get up to speed on this case.

why_nutt said:
There you have it, then. The writer of the ransom note could indeed be a Ramsey pointing at herself, who always tries desperately to convince the world that she is not the one being pointing at. Thsi is called "hiding in plain sight," or, as the Ramseys so helpfully titled a chapter of their book, "Tell It Often, Tell It Loud."

Please help me out here. What the he!! does this even mean?

Zman
I'm don't know if PRDI.
I just think she was a .
I'm sure she loved JonBenet in her own warped way.

Yup, there's lots of coincidences in this case that could drive you batty or make you a believer. I'm not a cop, so maybe this sort of thing happens all the time.

Actually folks, I was thinkin like maybe 118 and the Bible tells us a bit about the perp. Forget about $118k bonus when the word "Victory!" is also part of the Psalm as well as the note. That means a person who is a religious fanatic who wants to "bind the horns to the alter" or something like that. Was PR really like that? Were there others with such potentially dangerous religious dogma?
Why did S.Merryman write that poem (and yes why did Patsy include it in her DOI book) about JonBenet being a sacrifice by God? Perhaps it was to provide solace that JonBenet's death had some divine purpose and therefore things were now okay. I find it weird. It is interesting that the BPD asked John Merryman to write the same words of the RN a number of times.

I just don't see any strong connection between Victory and $118k bonus. However, I do see a strong connection between Victory and Psalm 118. And then you Saved By The Cross. If it was Victory and $118k bonus, then you get a lame Send Back The Cash. I think it was Psalm 118.

On the other hand, in the movie Nick of Time the clock just struck 1:18 as the victim woke up in front of the assassin and this saved her life. The patsy perp (father Mr.Watson, like Mr.Ramsey) was being told what to do while the real perps were kidnapping his daughter. They spoke of "factions" and the victory would be won when the politician was assassinated. This was watched that night at the White's house by people we have been told on this websleuths that were Kali witches (again the religious thing). However, if it was them, they didn't leave any trace and were able to mimick the inhabitants very well.

Incredible coincidences just to name a few.

Thanks Narlacat! If you ever need a break from the JBR case,
I found the Peterson case to be fascinating-I read all of the books:
Deadly Game, Amber Frey's Witness for the Prosecution, the Anne Bird-Blood Brother, and Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson. That's actually the first case I started with. At the time of the Peterson murder, I was visiting family who lived very close to the murder there and I was glued to the TV. After I moved on
from that one, I just started reading about JBR in Sept. of this year, so I'm
completely new to this case. How long have you been involved with JBR?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back