Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway announce wrong Best Picture Winner - Oscars 2017

CARIIS

Former Member
Reaction score
Good Lord

[video=youtube;v3RLFhwzUgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3RLFhwzUgk[/video]

Beatty and host Jimmy Kimmel explained the error, telling everyone they had read the wrong envelope, seeing Emma Stone won for La La Land, who was actually the winner for best actress.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-hollywood-reacts-warren-beatty-faye-dunaway-read-wrong-best-picture-winner-980817

USA Today

Clicked wrong and actual link went away it was a tweet from them

C5pl43BXMAE_B_G.jpg

Watched it while it was happening. I don't know if this was accidental or intentional, I'll just say that the Miss. Universe ratings went through the roof this year after Steve Harvey's mishap with announcing the wrong winner last year. This incident at the Oscars seemed a little too obvious and on the nose to me - JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched it while it was happening. I don't know if this was accidental or intentional, I'll just say that the Miss. Universe ratings went through the roof this year after Steve Harvey's mishap with announcing the wrong winner last year. This incident at the Oscars seemed a little too obvious and on the nose to me - JMO.

interesting take on this !!

I don't watch Hollywood award shows (only Independent Spirit Award), as I would rather blow myself to bits instead. When I read the title I thought it was staged too, so I peeked inside.

I don't watch Hollywood award shows (only Independent Spirit Award), as I would rather blow myself to bits instead. When I read the title I thought it was staged too, so I peeked inside.

I don't watch any longer either. I stumbled on it on you tube.

Wanted to hear all the stuff about Trump! There were some really funny tweets with a lot of folks saying stuff like I wish this happened on election day - which just cracked me up!!!

Around 2:07 you can see people running frantically behind all them - and a bit later you see like the director of the show or whomever taking one envelope and then going over and taking the other out of the other guys hand

At 2:30 look at what is going on behind the guy at the mike.

I think it was real after looking at the video again

I don't watch any longer either. I stumbled on it on you tube.

Wanted to hear all the stuff about Trump! There were some really funny tweets with a lot of folks saying stuff like I wish this happened on election day - which just cracked me up!!!

Around 2:07 you can see people running frantically behind all them - and a bit later you see like the director of the show or whomever taking one envelope and then going over and taking the other out of the other guys hand

At 2:30 look at what is going on behind the guy at the mike.

I think it was real after looking at the video again

I'll take your word for it, CARIIS. But remember, they are actors, doing what they do best. LOL

I'll take your word for it, CARIIS. But remember, they are actors, doing what they do best. LOL

That is funny! I might go with you with it being a passive aggressive staffer !!

That too is confusing --the Best actress envelope had to have been already opened - so it would seem somewhere in this (!) someone had to make it look unopened when they gave it to them ha !

I would also think the winners take the envelope off with them !!

So aha we have a WS mystery --who made two cards and envelopes on it ah ha a mystery of the highest order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cue the music -- the plot thickens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bets being taken how many say this is the lead in the AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending if Trump tweets his witching hour is approaching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warren Beatty brushed off Faye Dunaway's concerns as the pair made a surprise appearance at the Governors Ball - the official afterparty.
Still clutching the wrong envelope in his hand, 79-year-old Beatty told Faye, 76, they had nothing to be ashamed of.

'Are we in the sink?' she asked him, to which Beatty replied: 'No. It wasn't us.'

he kept it as proof!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...away-party-Oscars-disaster.html#ixzz4ZrqcaGHO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...away-party-Oscars-disaster.html#ixzz4ZrqOYE42
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yes, very good information in this article. With the knowledge of there being two envelopes, the question now is why did it take the accountant controlling the envelopes so long to realize, recognize, whatever adjective you want to use that Warren Beaty had taken the wrong envelope? It took a pretty considerable amount of time for Beaty and Dunaway to collect the envelope, wait to be announced, walk out on stage, deliver their joke, and wait for the nominees clip to play.

Additionally, if the accountants are in control of the envelopes wouldn't they hand the envelope to the announcers rather than allowing the announcer to take whatever envelope they choose as the accountant seems to insinuate in his exclamation?!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...ure-she-didnt-give-warren-beatty-the-wrong-os

Emma Stone says she had her card in her hand. But apparently there are two sets of envelopes. [emoji19]

Apparently there are “two sets” of envelopes for each winner, according to a partner at accounting firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...ng-envelope/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.eb65670c8899

I don't watch the Oscars either. Since it's west coast they start late and end very late, well after midnight, on the east coast. Besides, I don't go to the movies and usually have no clue of any of the movies up for an award. I wait until after the Oscars when it's on OnDemand and say, oh, let me watch that film, it won an award, maybe it's good.

By the way, the title here reads "Warren Beatty announces" when in reality it was Faye Dunaway. Warren held the envelope, opened it, and handed it to Faye who read it.

Apparently there are “two sets” of envelopes for each winner, according to a partner at accounting firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...ng-envelope/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.eb65670c8899

I don't watch the Oscars either. Since it's west coast they start late and end very late, well after midnight, on the east coast. Besides, I don't go to the movies and usually have no clue of any of the movies up for an award. I wait until after the Oscars when it's on OnDemand and say, oh, let me watch that film, it won an award, maybe it's good.

By the way, the title here reads "Warren Beatty announces" when in reality it was Faye Dunaway. Warren held the envelope, opened it, and handed it to Faye who read it.

I thought that later too late edit !! Ill ask em to change cause it was her !!

OT

Several questions Twitter!

I wanna get in touch with the guy that has been doing amazing stuff with the dam in . Orvilleinte

Is it against their rules to give someone your email on a DM?

Is DM like the whole rest of the joint --limited to 140 or 160 characters TIA

I dont have a cell - it locked me out and wont accept a landline!

I am trying to tell him to submit his stuff to "dailymail" he could make some money

TIA

Thank You mods

for changing thread headline !!!!

You folks are really terrific

You guys could make a fortune holding training seminars "How to Provide Awesome Customer Service in a Timely Manner"!!!!!!!!!

Did not get it in the beginning but boy do I appreciation your moderating .

Man, so many sites are just nasty nasty nasty nasty .

PricewaterhouseCooper's announcement:

We sincerely apologize to 'Moonlight,' 'La La Land,' Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Oscar viewers for the error that was made during the award announcement for best picture.

The presenters had mistakenly been given the wrong category envelope and when discovered, was immediately corrected. We are currently investigating how this could have happened, and deeply regret that this occurred.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ouse-coopers-issues-1488184837-htmlstory.html

The article above also states:

A 2016 Los Angeles Times story explained that a set of envelopes containing the names of Oscar winners are kept on either side of the stage so that PricewaterhouseCoopers partners can dispense them to presenters from whichever side they enter.

Oscars 2016: A closer look at those ritzy award envelopes and their super-secret delivery
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-oscar-envelopes-20160221-story.html

750x422

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back