1139 users online (201 members and 938 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway announce wrong Best Picture Winner - Oscars 2017

Good Lord

Beatty and host Jimmy Kimmel explained the error, telling everyone they had read the wrong envelope, seeing Emma Stone won for La La Land, who was actually the winner for best actress.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-hollywood-reacts-warren-beatty-faye-dunaway-read-wrong-best-picture-winner-980817
    Last edited by CARIIS; 02-27-2017 at 02:16 AM.

USA Today

Clicked wrong and actual link went away it was a tweet from them

Watched it while it was happening. I don't know if this was accidental or intentional, I'll just say that the Miss. Universe ratings went through the roof this year after Steve Harvey's mishap with announcing the wrong winner last year. This incident at the Oscars seemed a little too obvious and on the nose to me - JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by policyoftruth501 View Post
    Watched it while it was happening. I don't know if this was accidental or intentional, I'll just say that the Miss. Universe ratings went through the roof this year after Steve Harvey's mishap with announcing the wrong winner last year. This incident at the Oscars seemed a little too obvious and on the nose to me - JMO.

interesting take on this !!

U2forever is online now You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by policyoftruth501 View Post
    I don't watch Hollywood award shows (only Independent Spirit Award), as I would rather blow myself to bits instead. When I read the title I thought it was staged too, so I peeked inside.

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA
    Got my tickets Tuesday 14 November!!

Quote Originally Posted by U2forever View Post
    I don't watch Hollywood award shows (only Independent Spirit Award), as I would rather blow myself to bits instead. When I read the title I thought it was staged too, so I peeked inside.

I don't watch any longer either. I stumbled on it on you tube.

Wanted to hear all the stuff about Trump! There were some really funny tweets with a lot of folks saying stuff like I wish this happened on election day - which just cracked me up!!!

Around 2:07 you can see people running frantically behind all them - and a bit later you see like the director of the show or whomever taking one envelope and then going over and taking the other out of the other guys hand

At 2:30 look at what is going on behind the guy at the mike.

I think it was real after looking at the video again

U2forever is online now You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    I don't watch any longer either. I stumbled on it on you tube.

Wanted to hear all the stuff about Trump! There were some really funny tweets with a lot of folks saying stuff like I wish this happened on election day - which just cracked me up!!!

Around 2:07 you can see people running frantically behind all them - and a bit later you see like the director of the show or whomever taking one envelope and then going over and taking the other out of the other guys hand

At 2:30 look at what is going on behind the guy at the mike.

I think it was real after looking at the video again

I'll take your word for it, CARIIS. But remember, they are actors, doing what they do best. LOL
    Last edited by U2forever; 02-27-2017 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Carris, really spelled CARIIS

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA
    Got my tickets Tuesday 14 November!!

Quote Originally Posted by U2forever View Post
    I'll take your word for it, CARIIS. But remember, they are actors, doing what they do best. LOL
    That is funny! I might go with you with it being a passive aggressive staffer !!

That too is confusing --the Best actress envelope had to have been already opened - so it would seem somewhere in this (!) someone had to make it look unopened when they gave it to them ha !

I would also think the winners take the envelope off with them !!

So aha we have a WS mystery --who made two cards and envelopes on it ah ha a mystery of the highest order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cue the music -- the plot thickens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bets being taken how many say this is the lead in the AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending if Trump tweets his witching hour is approaching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CARIIS; 02-27-2017 at 03:12 AM.

Warren Beatty brushed off Faye Dunaway's concerns as the pair made a surprise appearance at the Governors Ball - the official afterparty.
    Still clutching the wrong envelope in his hand, 79-year-old Beatty told Faye, 76, they had nothing to be ashamed of.

'Are we in the sink?' she asked him, to which Beatty replied: 'No. It wasn't us.'

he kept it as proof!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4ZrqcaGHO
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4ZrqOYE42
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Warren Beatty announces wrong Best Picture Winner for La La Land (Moonlight Won)

Quote Originally Posted by eucalyptuz View Post
    Yes, very good information in this article. With the knowledge of there being two envelopes, the question now is why did it take the accountant controlling the envelopes so long to realize, recognize, whatever adjective you want to use that Warren Beaty had taken the wrong envelope? It took a pretty considerable amount of time for Beaty and Dunaway to collect the envelope, wait to be announced, walk out on stage, deliver their joke, and wait for the nominees clip to play.

Additionally, if the accountants are in control of the envelopes wouldn't they hand the envelope to the announcers rather than allowing the announcer to take whatever envelope they choose as the accountant seems to insinuate in his exclamation?!

Last edited by policyoftruth501; 02-27-2017 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Grammar

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buz...y-the-wrong-os

Emma Stone says she had her card in her hand. But apparently there are two sets of envelopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buz...y-the-wrong-os

Emma Stone says she had her card in her hand. But apparently there are two sets of envelopes.

Apparently there are “two sets” of envelopes for each winner, according to a partner at accounting firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.eb65670c8899

I don't watch the Oscars either. Since it's west coast they start late and end very late, well after midnight, on the east coast. Besides, I don't go to the movies and usually have no clue of any of the movies up for an award. I wait until after the Oscars when it's on OnDemand and say, oh, let me watch that film, it won an award, maybe it's good.

By the way, the title here reads "Warren Beatty announces" when in reality it was Faye Dunaway. Warren held the envelope, opened it, and handed it to Faye who read it.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Apparently there are “two sets” of envelopes for each winner, according to a partner at accounting firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.eb65670c8899

I don't watch the Oscars either. Since it's west coast they start late and end very late, well after midnight, on the east coast. Besides, I don't go to the movies and usually have no clue of any of the movies up for an award. I wait until after the Oscars when it's on OnDemand and say, oh, let me watch that film, it won an award, maybe it's good.

By the way, the title here reads "Warren Beatty announces" when in reality it was Faye Dunaway. Warren held the envelope, opened it, and handed it to Faye who read it.
    I thought that later too late edit !! Ill ask em to change cause it was her !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast