WA WA - Adre'anna Jackson, 10, Lakewood, 2 Dec 2005

Norma

Pook
Reaction score
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002663378_missinggirl04m.html

2002663172.jpg

Investigators are looking for new leads in the disappearance of a 10-year-old Tillicum, Pierce County, girl missing since Friday morning.

Lakewood police have spent the past two days looking for Adreanna Jackson, but officials said Saturday they will stop search efforts today until new information can be developed. The girl was last seen Friday morning by her mother after she sent the girl to school, unaware that classes had been canceled due to snowfall.

More than 120 personnel from the Lakewood police and fire departments, Pierce County search-and-rescue teams and Fort Lewis searched the Tillicum and Woodbrook areas south of Tacoma. A dive team also was sent into nearby American Lake, Hall said.

While abduction and foul play have not been ruled out, police continue to investigate the disappearance as a missing-person case, Hall said.

englishleigh said:
What a beautiful little girl!! :(
yes indeed. sure hope adreanna is found soon. it is so cold and dark out at night. the poor sweetheart. prayers and thoughts for adreanna and her mom...how awful- just going off to school in a snowstorm, hope she has found a safe, warm hiding spot for herself.

This poor little girl!!
I get so sick of hearing about these little kids going missing, and the sickos that are let loose on our streets after they commit sexual offenses is just unbelievable.
I checked the pierce county sex offender website and there are 26 registered sex offenders within a 5 block radius of her school.
I hope she is found safe soon...

Missing Girl

FBI Joins Search For Missing Girl

LAKEWOOD, Wash. -- The FBI has joined the investigation into the disappearance of a 10-year-old girl missing since Friday.

While the ground search has been called off, agents worked with Lakewood police Sunday and provided sonar equipment to search American Lake.

Adre-Anna Jackson disappeared Friday after she left her apartment for a five-minute walk to Tillicum Elementary. Her family said they didn't realize she was missing until late Friday afternoon because they didn't know the school was closed because of snow.

On Saturday, Lakewood Police searched the girl's apartment, as well as nearby American Lake for clues to Adre-Anna's disappearance.

Up to 120 searchers and family members have knocked on doors, handed out fliers and searched nearby parks and neighborhoods for the girl, but turned up few if any leads, said Lakewood Assistant Police Chief Dave Hall.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/5465175/detail.html?rss=sea&psp=news

Oh! How terrible!

I wonder if her mother was unaware she was missing until she failed to show up after school....we have had discussions here before about how school attendance offices should call parents mid-morning if the child's absence is unexcused. Not knowing till the end of the day means so many valuable search hours have passed!!

Very sad. :( I feel terrible for Adreanna and her family. :(

[font=verdana, arial,geneva]PIERCE COUNTY - The official search for a missing Lakewood girl is over, but detectives are still working on the case.

Adre-Anna Jackson, 10, vanished on her way to school Friday morning.

Sunday night police were following a new lead. Two 10-year-old girls claimed they may have seen Jackson as recently as Friday night -- several hours after she was reported missing.

One of the girls knows Jackson from school. The witness told police she saw Jackson at a park on the other side of the freeway. She says she spoke with her classmate, and Jackson said she was sad and did not want to go back home.

Police and search dogs have not found any clues leading them to Jackson's whereabouts.

Sunday afternoon her mother told KOMO 4 News the reports of a possible sighting are the best things she's heard since her daughter disappeared.

"It's a waiting game and it's awful. This gives us hope, hope that she's still here," said Jackson's mother, Yvette Gervais. Police are still very concerned Jackson may have somehow gone into American Lake which is just a few blocks away from the apartment where she lives.

http://komonews.com/news/story.asp?ID=40579

[/font]

I wonder how bad the snow was and if it was bad enough, why her mom didn't know there was no school?? I know my mom and I always checked for school closings when it snowed, but maybe that's because I just ALWAYS wanted to stay home from school!

I wonder how cold it is there?

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_120305WABmissinglakewoodgirlEL.3aa88839.html

SNIP

Adreanna is described as 4-foot-7, weighing 78 pounds, with reddish blonde hair, last seen wearing a heavy black jacket, blue shirt, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.

She lives in an apartment with her mother and stepfather. Neighbors said they would often see the girl out alone and at least one of them suspects there is trouble at home.

"This is not an abduction," said Samaria Walker. "It's better really to look closer to home."

IdahoMom said:
Oh! How terrible!

I wonder if her mother was unaware she was missing until she failed to show up after school....we have had discussions here before about how school attendance offices should call parents mid-morning if the child's absence is unexcused. Not knowing till the end of the day means so many valuable search hours have passed!!

Very sad. :( I feel terrible for Adreanna and her family. :(

That's probably the case, but school had been called off for snow and the family didn't know.

Hmmm ... a neighbor suspects trouble at home? I wonder if that is just a hunch or true knowledge, and if so, what kind of trouble?

Poor little girl. :(

IdahoMom said:
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_120305WABmissinglakewoodgirlEL.3aa88839.html

SNIP

Adreanna is described as 4-foot-7, weighing 78 pounds, with reddish blonde hair, last seen wearing a heavy black jacket, blue shirt, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.

She lives in an apartment with her mother and stepfather. Neighbors said they would often see the girl out alone and at least one of them suspects there is trouble at home.

"This is not an abduction," said Samaria Walker. "It's better really to look closer to home."

I think police need to question this Samaria Walker on her feelings.

SewingDeb said:
I think police need to question this Samaria Walker on her feelings.
I agree. I hate stories like this! How many times does this have to happen?
Let's just hope Adreanna did in fact take off to get away from something that was making her sad at home, and is safe. :(

One of the girls knows Jackson from school. The witness told police she saw Jackson at a park on the other side of the freeway. She says she spoke with her classmate, and Jackson said she was sad and did not want to go back home.

PrayersForMaura said:
I wonder how bad the snow was and if it was bad enough, why her mom didn't know there was no school?? I know my mom and I always checked for school closings when it snowed, but maybe that's because I just ALWAYS wanted to stay home from school!

I wonder how cold it is there?
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KTCM/2005/12/2/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
LOL same here.. just checked weather..link
for friday

doesn't seem like losts of snow..maybe icy or bad driving..right at freezing.

something is screwy with this case...police are focused on lake, must have some clues as to that location. comment by school friends and neighbor..hmmm

article says father walked her partway to school...is there a father and stepfather both involved in her life or do you think media misprint?

something is very wrong...imo

petra said:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KTCM/2005/12/2/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
LOL same here.. just checked weather..link
for friday

doesn't seem like losts of snow..maybe icy or bad driving..right at freezing.

something is screwy with this case...police are focused on lake, must have some clues as to that location. comment by school friends and neighbor..hmmm

article says father walked her partway to school...is there a father and stepfather both involved in her life or do you think media misprint?

something is very wrong...imo
I was wondering that too about the father situation. I am thinking it's probably a misprint.

If it was icy and there is a lot of focus on that lake, then I'm wondering if maybe she was walking on that lake and the ice cracked and she fell through. :(
I read so many stories about kids walking on ice and then the ice breaks and they fall through. Once you fall through the ice, it's so hard to find your way back up to the top where you fell in and you just keep trying to feel your way to to the top, and you keep hitting this ice that you just can't break through. It's dark and cold and that's why do many people drown and don't come up til months later.... It's hard to find that little hole you fall through. :(
It's so scary.

PrayersForMaura said:
I was wondering that too about the father situation. I am thinking it's probably a misprint.

If it was icy and there is a lot of focus on that lake, then I'm wondering if maybe she was walking on that lake and the ice cracked and she fell through. :(
I read so many stories about kids walking on ice and then the ice breaks and they fall through. Once you fall through the ice, it's so hard to find your way back up to the top where you fell in and you just keep trying to feel your way to to the top, and you keep hitting this ice that you just can't break through. It's dark and cold and that's why do many people drown and don't come up til months later.... It's hard to find that little hole you fall through. :(
It's so scary.
you describe it so well.

i have a fear of falling thru thin ice myself, trying to breath that small space of air right under it, pushing on the ice to find opening, darkness and being pulled down by the weight of clothes and exhaustion...i have nightmares about this for real, perhaps past life experience ..just awful

sure hope this is not the case for Adreanna. and she is found safe.

didn't a child fall thru thin ice in wisconsin over thanksgiving and father jumped in to save her/him...both wer found days later under the ice if i recall.

prayers for all these victims and their families.

IdahoMom said:
I agree. I hate stories like this! How many times does this have to happen?
Let's just hope Adreanna did in fact take off to get away from something that was making her sad at home, and is safe. :(

I am praying for this little girl and hoping she is still alive and in a safe place. If there are problems at home, I hope that can be resolved.

PrayersForMaura said:
[font=verdana, arial,geneva]PIERCE COUNTY - The official search for a missing Lakewood girl is over, but detectives are still working on the case.

Adre-Anna Jackson, 10, vanished on her way to school Friday morning.

Sunday night police were following a new lead. Two 10-year-old girls claimed they may have seen Jackson as recently as Friday night -- several hours after she was reported missing.

Police and search dogs have not found any clues leading them to Jackson's whereabouts.

Sunday afternoon her mother told KOMO 4 News the reports of a possible sighting are the best things she's heard since her daughter disappeared.

"It's a waiting game and it's awful. This gives us hope, hope that she's still here," said Jackson's mother, Yvette Gervais. Police are still very concerned Jackson may have somehow gone into American Lake which is just a few blocks away from the apartment where she lives.

http://komonews.com/news/story.asp?ID=40579

[/font]

So what was going on at home that made her sad and reluctant to return there?

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=5533

LAKEWOOD, Wash. (AP) - The FBI has joined the investigation into the disappearance of a 10-year-old girl missing since Friday.

While the ground search has been called off, agents worked with Lakewood police today and provided sonar equipment to search American Lake.

Her mother said the fourth grader was carrying a black and pink backpack. She was wearing blue jeans, possibly a blue shirt and white tennis shoes. She's just under 5 feet tall and weighs approximately 78 pounds. She has brown hair with reddish highlights. She may have been wearing a puffy black coat or jacket.

All the possibly and may have beens' concerning her clothing sets off my hinky meter..and are there actually parents who do not check to see if school is in session everyday before sending the kids out? Maybe things are different in other parts of the country, than they are here in the south.Anyway...back to lurkdome I go ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back