1201 users online (206 members and 995 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 452
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763

    WA - Adre'anna Jackson, 10, Lakewood, 2005

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...nggirl04m.html



    Investigators are looking for new leads in the disappearance of a 10-year-old Tillicum, Pierce County, girl missing since Friday morning.

    Lakewood police have spent the past two days looking for Adreanna Jackson, but officials said Saturday they will stop search efforts today until new information can be developed. The girl was last seen Friday morning by her mother after she sent the girl to school, unaware that classes had been canceled due to snowfall.

    More than 120 personnel from the Lakewood police and fire departments, Pierce County search-and-rescue teams and Fort Lewis searched the Tillicum and Woodbrook areas south of Tacoma. A dive team also was sent into nearby American Lake, Hall said.

    While abduction and foul play have not been ruled out, police continue to investigate the disappearance as a missing-person case, Hall said.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,119
    What a beautiful little girl!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    What a beautiful little girl!!
    yes indeed. sure hope adreanna is found soon. it is so cold and dark out at night. the poor sweetheart. prayers and thoughts for adreanna and her mom...how awful- just going off to school in a snowstorm, hope she has found a safe, warm hiding spot for herself.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    71
    This poor little girl!!
    I get so sick of hearing about these little kids going missing, and the sickos that are let loose on our streets after they commit sexual offenses is just unbelievable.
    I checked the pierce county sex offender website and there are 26 registered sex offenders within a 5 block radius of her school.
    I hope she is found safe soon...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,165
    Missing Girl

    FBI Joins Search For Missing Girl

    LAKEWOOD, Wash. -- The FBI has joined the investigation into the disappearance of a 10-year-old girl missing since Friday.

    While the ground search has been called off, agents worked with Lakewood police Sunday and provided sonar equipment to search American Lake.

    Adre-Anna Jackson disappeared Friday after she left her apartment for a five-minute walk to Tillicum Elementary. Her family said they didn't realize she was missing until late Friday afternoon because they didn't know the school was closed because of snow.

    On Saturday, Lakewood Police searched the girl's apartment, as well as nearby American Lake for clues to Adre-Anna's disappearance.

    Up to 120 searchers and family members have knocked on doors, handed out fliers and searched nearby parks and neighborhoods for the girl, but turned up few if any leads, said Lakewood Assistant Police Chief Dave Hall.

    http://www.kirotv.com/news/5465175/d...s=sea&psp=news

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Oh! How terrible!

    I wonder if her mother was unaware she was missing until she failed to show up after school....we have had discussions here before about how school attendance offices should call parents mid-morning if the child's absence is unexcused. Not knowing till the end of the day means so many valuable search hours have passed!!

    Very sad. I feel terrible for Adreanna and her family.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,165

    Possible Sightings Of Missing Girl

    PIERCE COUNTY - The official search for a missing Lakewood girl is over, but detectives are still working on the case.

    Adre-Anna Jackson, 10, vanished on her way to school Friday morning.

    Sunday night police were following a new lead. Two 10-year-old girls claimed they may have seen Jackson as recently as Friday night -- several hours after she was reported missing.

    One of the girls knows Jackson from school. The witness told police she saw Jackson at a park on the other side of the freeway. She says she spoke with her classmate, and Jackson said she was sad and did not want to go back home.

    Police and search dogs have not found any clues leading them to Jackson's whereabouts.

    Sunday afternoon her mother told KOMO 4 News the reports of a possible sighting are the best things she's heard since her daughter disappeared.

    "It's a waiting game and it's awful. This gives us hope, hope that she's still here," said Jackson's mother, Yvette Gervais. Police are still very concerned Jackson may have somehow gone into American Lake which is just a few blocks away from the apartment where she lives.

    http://komonews.com/news/story.asp?ID=40579


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,165
    I wonder how bad the snow was and if it was bad enough, why her mom didn't know there was no school?? I know my mom and I always checked for school closings when it snowed, but maybe that's because I just ALWAYS wanted to stay home from school!

    I wonder how cold it is there?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....3aa88839.html

    SNIP

    Adreanna is described as 4-foot-7, weighing 78 pounds, with reddish blonde hair, last seen wearing a heavy black jacket, blue shirt, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.

    She lives in an apartment with her mother and stepfather. Neighbors said they would often see the girl out alone and at least one of them suspects there is trouble at home.

    "This is not an abduction," said Samaria Walker. "It's better really to look closer to home."

  10. #10
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    Oh! How terrible!

    I wonder if her mother was unaware she was missing until she failed to show up after school....we have had discussions here before about how school attendance offices should call parents mid-morning if the child's absence is unexcused. Not knowing till the end of the day means so many valuable search hours have passed!!

    Very sad. I feel terrible for Adreanna and her family.
    That's probably the case, but school had been called off for snow and the family didn't know.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,165
    Hmmm ... a neighbor suspects trouble at home? I wonder if that is just a hunch or true knowledge, and if so, what kind of trouble?

    Poor little girl.

  12. #12
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....3aa88839.html

    SNIP

    Adreanna is described as 4-foot-7, weighing 78 pounds, with reddish blonde hair, last seen wearing a heavy black jacket, blue shirt, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.

    She lives in an apartment with her mother and stepfather. Neighbors said they would often see the girl out alone and at least one of them suspects there is trouble at home.

    "This is not an abduction," said Samaria Walker. "It's better really to look closer to home."
    I think police need to question this Samaria Walker on her feelings.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    I think police need to question this Samaria Walker on her feelings.
    I agree. I hate stories like this! How many times does this have to happen?
    Let's just hope Adreanna did in fact take off to get away from something that was making her sad at home, and is safe.

    One of the girls knows Jackson from school. The witness told police she saw Jackson at a park on the other side of the freeway. She says she spoke with her classmate, and Jackson said she was sad and did not want to go back home.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    I wonder how bad the snow was and if it was bad enough, why her mom didn't know there was no school?? I know my mom and I always checked for school closings when it snowed, but maybe that's because I just ALWAYS wanted to stay home from school!

    I wonder how cold it is there?
    http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA
    LOL same here.. just checked weather..link
    for friday

    doesn't seem like losts of snow..maybe icy or bad driving..right at freezing.

    something is screwy with this case...police are focused on lake, must have some clues as to that location. comment by school friends and neighbor..hmmm

    article says father walked her partway to school...is there a father and stepfather both involved in her life or do you think media misprint?

    something is very wrong...imo

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,165
    Quote Originally Posted by petra
    http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA
    LOL same here.. just checked weather..link
    for friday

    doesn't seem like losts of snow..maybe icy or bad driving..right at freezing.

    something is screwy with this case...police are focused on lake, must have some clues as to that location. comment by school friends and neighbor..hmmm

    article says father walked her partway to school...is there a father and stepfather both involved in her life or do you think media misprint?

    something is very wrong...imo
    I was wondering that too about the father situation. I am thinking it's probably a misprint.

    If it was icy and there is a lot of focus on that lake, then I'm wondering if maybe she was walking on that lake and the ice cracked and she fell through.
    I read so many stories about kids walking on ice and then the ice breaks and they fall through. Once you fall through the ice, it's so hard to find your way back up to the top where you fell in and you just keep trying to feel your way to to the top, and you keep hitting this ice that you just can't break through. It's dark and cold and that's why do many people drown and don't come up til months later.... It's hard to find that little hole you fall through.
    It's so scary.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CA - Anna Vuori, 90, raped & murdered, Lafayette, 10 Dec 2005
    By Casshew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 06:26 AM
  2. CA CA - Barbara Rogers, 60, Lakewood, 16 Aug 2005
    By Rob1977 in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 01:03 AM
  3. NM Anna Vigil (20) - Albuquerque NM, 2005
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 06:33 PM

Tags for this Thread