931 users online (120 members and 811 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Just found the answer to your question in the beginning of thread #2.

In October of 1999, this case was reassigned and reactivated. As a result, the owner of the Grand Prix was later located in Colorado and interviewed. So, No OK connection there that we know of. I didn't think it was OK, but you post got me second guessing myself.
    Hmm, I have a very vague idea that the abandonned car had an OK registration plate.

ETA quote from Doe Network:

In October 1991, an anonymous caller had contacted the Mono County Sheriff's Department stating there was an abandoned vehicle on Highway 338. This vehicle, a 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix, had not been claimed and was found within 2 miles of the discovery of the skeletal remains. This vehicle was registered to a man in Oklahoma.

So there was an OK connection.

I have tried to email and call Detective Marty. The email came back undelivered and the phone number is for a woman in the vehicle registration department. I have sent a PM to Detective Marty and lcsodetectives. If I don't hear back soon, I will contact the Doe Network.
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

Update: I spoke to the NamUs Case Manager Marika Morris and emailed everything to her. She was busy working on another case, but was going to look into this one when she had time. I asked that she update me when she had any information ruling him in or out.

Awesome job! Can't wait to find out if Mr. Jones is our man!

It looks like MMarty might have moved on to a new job. I hope somebody is still working on this case.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I haven't heard anything yet~~but~~I was able to get another picture of JJ.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BigCityAccountant; 06-21-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Looks really close to me!!!!

Update:

I forwarded your email to the investigator in Lyon County, but have not heard of any of their follow up. We would need DNA for comparison in order to see if James Jones is a match. I will try and get a hold of the investigator again.

From the email, it sounds as if the ME thinks there could be a possibility of a match.

Update:

I have been in contact with the Chicago PD, however, then have been unable to locate any missing person files for James Jones. Without more concrete information on the missing person report, I am afraid I am unable to move forward with any possible comparison. This would include when exactly the report was file, a case number, etc. If you are able to provide more concrete information from the family, I can then put them in touch with the detective from Chicago.

I will try to get in touch with the family. It might take me a while as it is a touchy subject with the family.

Update!

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report James has been located deceased. He can officially be named as a rule out as the Sand Canyon John Doe.

I'm sorry he's gone. With any missing person my biggest hope is always that they'll be located alive and well somewhere. Condolences to his friends and family.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2