IL James “Jimmy” Jones

BigCityAccountant

Reaction score
I don't have much information on Jimmy Jones to go on. He was reported missing by his ex-wife in late 1980's early 1990's. He is NOT in Namus or Doe Network. She filed a missing person's report when he failed to contact his children. The last time she or the children saw Jimmy was when he asked her to bring them to his apartment to see them, as he was going to be moving his girlfriend's sister to Arlington, Texas. This was in 1984. After he had made no contact with his children for several years, she filed a missing person's report in Chicago. Of course, as these things go, they were not interested in finding him as he was an adult. The girlfriend call the ex-wife some years later and asked the ex-wife for Jimmy's social security number. The girlfriend also had a child with Jimmy, but had not been in contact with him for several years. Jimmy was a drug user and like to drink. He came into money from an accident. He was estranged from his family, mother is deceased. I have no information on Jimmy's father. There are 2 half-sisters from the mother's side. I have a personal connection to both the ex-wife and Jimmy and his sisters. He also has a brother who lived in OK. He is of European descent. I am trying to get more information, but it is slow coming. I know that he would be 69 this year, but I don't have a DOB. I only have 1 picture of Jimmy and it is not a very good one, but will post it anyway. I have cropped the picture to protect the identify of the others in the picture. The picture is of Jimmy when he was younger.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-jimmy bust.JPG
    Capture-jimmy bust.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Capture-jimmy sand canyon.jpg
    Capture-jimmy sand canyon.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 196
Just reading about this person ... you said he had a brother who lived/lives in OK .. wasn't the abandoned vehicle that was found near the area our UID was found registered in OK? when was the last time his brother saw him??

Just reading about this person ... you said he had a brother who lived/lives in OK .. wasn't the abandoned vehicle that was found near the area our UID was found registered in OK? when was the last time his brother saw him??
I'm not really sure. I'm not in touch with that part of the family.

Just for comparison's sake, Here is a picture of JJ's mother.
attachment.php

Attachments

• JJ Mother.jpg
    JJ Mother.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 135

Just found the answer to your question in the beginning of thread #2.

In October of 1999, this case was reassigned and reactivated. As a result, the owner of the Grand Prix was later located in Colorado and interviewed. So, No OK connection there that we know of. I didn't think it was OK, but you post got me second guessing myself.

In October of 1999, this case was reassigned and reactivated. As a result, the owner of the Grand Prix was later located in Colorado and interviewed. So, No OK connection there that we know of. I didn't think it was OK, but you post got me second guessing myself.

LOL yeah, I guess I should have gone back and read .. I haven't touched on this one in a while .. I don't know why OK stuck out to me .. probably mixing it up with a ton of other threads :blushing:

Oh man, I pored through this whole case just within the last few weeks. There is an OK connection!

At the time the body was located, a deputy sheriff on scene recalled handling an abandoned vehicle in October of 1991 (7 months prior to body discovery). An anonymous caller called this particular abandoned vehicle into the Mono County Sheriff’s Office. The vehicle, a 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix, with Oklahoma plates, was found along Highway 338, about two miles from where the remains were found. The vehicle was found in a manner that suggested whoever put it there was trying to conceal it. The registered owner was ultimately located and interviewed, but nothing conclusive came out of the interview. The vehicle may or may not have anything to do with this case.

If I recall correctly, the registered owner had sold the car and then moved to Colorado. The buyer hadn't registered the car in his own name yet.

Oh man, I pored through this whole case just within the last few weeks. There is an OK connection!

If I recall correctly, the registered owner had sold the car and then moved to Colorado. The buyer hadn't registered the car in his own name yet.

WOW~~~Great Job! I didn't remember that. So, there is an OK connection. That is very very interesting. So now I'm wondering when EXACTLY the GF tried to contact the ex-wife. I will have to try to find out, but I'm not sure if we will be able to get an exact date or year. After all it was a very long time ago. Interesting about the anonymous caller. I wonder if it was a male or female?

Update: JJ's mom Delores is decreased in 1992. Brother Bobby and niece Elizabeth died prior to 1992 when a flood washed their car away. Mother and father were divorced. Bobby has a son named Tommy and was married to a Korean woman. JJ has 4 children, 3 living in the Chicagoland area and 1 presumably in TX. The child in TX has some type of disability, presumably facial deformity? Nephew Tommy is also mentally disabled. I don't know anything about JJ's father or he had other children after the divorce.

Adding 2 pictures of JJ 1st Picture is 1983.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• cropped 1983.jpg
    cropped 1983.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 1937362_1150441255690_5791007_n-cropped.jpg
    1937362_1150441255690_5791007_n-cropped.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 106
  • FRNV94BWcolorhair.jpg
    FRNV94BWcolorhair.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 106
JJ with original bust
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-JJ w Sand Caynon.jpg
    Capture-JJ w Sand Caynon.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 96
JJ pic #2 with original bust.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-jj2 with original bust.jpg
    Capture-jj2 with original bust.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 98
Glad someone was able to find the OK connection LOL I was going crazy knowing I had seen that but couldn't find it in the prior threads (or didn't re-read thoroughly) - the resemblance is STRONG IMO ... MMarty should see this and look into it, if not to at least rule him out!

Hmm, I have a very vague idea that the abandonned car had an OK registration plate.

ETA quote from Doe Network:

In October 1991, an anonymous caller had contacted the Mono County Sheriff's Department stating there was an abandoned vehicle on Highway 338. This vehicle, a 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix, had not been claimed and was found within 2 miles of the discovery of the skeletal remains. This vehicle was registered to a man in Oklahoma.

So there was an OK connection.

I have tried to email and call Detective Marty. The email came back undelivered and the phone number is for a woman in the vehicle registration department. I have sent a PM to Detective Marty and lcsodetectives. If I don't hear back soon, I will contact the Doe Network.

Update: I spoke to the NamUs Case Manager Marika Morris and emailed everything to her. She was busy working on another case, but was going to look into this one when she had time. I asked that she update me when she had any information ruling him in or out.

Awesome job! Can't wait to find out if Mr. Jones is our man!

It looks like MMarty might have moved on to a new job. I hope somebody is still working on this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back