943 users online (115 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    I was going to use the red triangle the other day, for a post that I thought violated TOS, but it said it was ONLY to be used to report fighting, rude comments, etc. Could we have a clarification if it can be used in cases where someone has posted something like, for example, sleuthing random people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sleuthing random people not named in MSM or by LE is against TOS.
    All new members and guests;

To Websleuths!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

Also - WS Lingo

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Paradise View Post
    RSBM & BBM

Someone many threads back (don't remember who) made a comment that perhaps the perp was in control of the phone and wanted it recorded (something to that theory). I never thought of that before as I too was on the why didn't he take the phone track. (Excluding throwing in the water etc).
    I looked a bit, and has there been any actual confirmation that the police have the physical phone in hand vs. the data being retrieved from a cloud/app service? The MSM articles allude to the data from the phone but I don't see anything stating it was retrieved physically, unless I am just not seeing it?

There seems to be some assumption that the POI is non-tech savvy or smart enough to grab the phone, but that could possibly not be the case.

Alternately, we don't know if the phone was indeed physically recovered, if it was near the bodies or if it was found in the search (e.g. phone was along the path of struggle and POI was unable to locate it).

Quote Originally Posted by Avejajed View Post
    Someone upstream made a comment about being surprised a lot of people haven't heard of this case outside of Indiana. I am a part of a mom's group (I have 9 MO old twin boys and am currently pregnant with no. 3, so if things I say don't make sense, you know why.) and I brought the case up in the group. There are 43 members from all parts of the country and three from Canada. Only three of the women had heard of it.

Keep in mind that we're all moms of very young children and that does somewhat limit our news time. I have the advantage of both living in Indiana and also thinking I was Nancy Drew growing up so things like this naturally draw my attention. I also work part time where I can troll the Internet. Lots of people living in their own worlds, probably right here in Indiana, may not have given the case a second look.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    I'm impressed that you have a moment to type a word! You go, mom!

Quote Originally Posted by No it's not View Post
    Perhaps it was a very soft confrontation. "I am a ranger/ police officer/ railroad official and you are trespassing private property here, ladies. It is illegal to cross this bridge and also very dangerous. I am going to ask you to step off the bridge.".. "Where were you going..?".. " Okay, then get down the hill and I am going to lead you back"

Libby pockets her phone and is recording in case of an arrest. The perp does not try to take her phone away - yet. At some point the girls may feel something isn't right and try to make a run..

Just my thoughts.

-Nin
    These two girls were way too smart to believe that someone dressed how he was <modsnip> would be a park ranger or a police officer.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 03-02-2017 at 06:29 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary derogatory description

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    ADMIN NOTE: Because so many members were brand new, we, the owner and staff, have been very patient with you. We thought you deserved some time to learn the ropes. Well, you've had almost two weeks to figure out how we roll here. If you haven't bothered to read the Rules, especially Etiquette and Information, then shame on ya.

Going forward, we will issue Time Outs of 24 hours or longer. No excuses, no questions asked. Consider this a fair warning.

Bessie
    WS ADMINISTRATOR
    Friendly again.

HTH

To Websleuths!

Also - WS Lingo

Quote Originally Posted by AmyinOhio View Post
    Second question. Does anyone know if all county sex offenders are automatically looked into, or would they only look into those who had committed crimes against children?

I see one sex offender that is non compliant...

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbritches View Post
    I'm impressed that you have a moment to type a word! You go, mom!
    You and me both! Right now exhaustion takes over at night but occasionally they just play and give me a minute to play with my phone! This case being so close to home makes me post more than I ever have in any other case.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Bumping Tricia's comments in the very first post in this thread;
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post13197156

<snip>
    "Please take a moment to read our rules http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

If you have any questions please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com or send a private message."

To Websleuths!

Also - WS Lingo

Quote Originally Posted by DatelineFan View Post
    Yes. Plenty of strong, athletic women are sadly, overpowered by aggressive men.
    Yea Karina Vetrano is a good example

Getting the felling, JMO that the girls thought they were meeting some boys and obviously they were not boys...Kids just cant be kids these days...meeting up was popular in my day with out the fear of adults stalking

I just wondered because there is one that is out and looks like the guy, even the clothing. I didn't want to bother police with the tip if they automatically look into every one of them. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmyinOhio View Post
    I just wondered because there is one that is out and looks like the guy, even the clothing. I didn't want to bother police with the tip if they automatically look into every one of them. Thanks
    I would think RSO would be the first they would look at.

I just wondered because there is one that is out that looks like the guy and I don't want to bother cops with a tip if they automatically check each one anyway. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Yea Karina Vetrano is a good example
    That case is so tragic. Strong woman , ran marathons murdered in broad daylight in the middle of a park. That perp knew the area well. I'm so happy he is behind bars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the DNA, it's been two weeks since samples were sent to a lab for testing. Earlier comments mentioned a two week window for results. Are the results returned to LE who use the results to find matches in LE databases?? or can the original lab run the results through the databases before before returning them to LE? I hear a lot about DNA but don't know who runs it through local, state or federal databases? LE or the original testing lab.

Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast