1341 users online (226 members and 1115 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,911

    UK - Robyn Mercer, 50, murdered, Surrey, 14 March 2016

    Detectives are investigating the recent financial dealings of a suspect arrested over the murder of a Mayfair antiques dealer.

    Robyn Mercer, 50, a silverware expert, was found face down in a pool of blood on her front lawn with injuries were so severe that police thought she had been shot.

    The victim was found by a neighbour on their way to work. It is believed her body may have lain outside the house in Surrey for much of the night.











    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...es-dealer.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,911
    The boyfriend of an antiques dealer was being questioned over her murder last night.

    Robert Webb, 52, is suspected of bludgeoning Robyn Mercer, 50, to death after she kicked him out of their £850,000 home.

    The BT engineer, who was spending his second night in custody last night, was arrested within minutes of her body being found in a pool of blood.

    Neighbours said the mother of two had split up with Webb but he had refused to leave their semi-detached house in West Molesey, Surrey.




    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cked-home.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,911
    A Kent woman has been arrested as part of the ongoing investigation into the death of Robyn Mercer in West Molesey.

    On Monday morning, a 24-year-old woman from Kent was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. She was later released on bail until January 12 2017.

    http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surr...woman-12273533

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    A Kent woman has been arrested as part of the ongoing investigation into the death of Robyn Mercer in West Molesey.

    On Monday morning, a 24-year-old woman from Kent was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. She was later released on bail until January 12 2017.

    http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surr...woman-12273533
    RB's lover or relation? She's very young.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,751
    From 5th December 2016 article in getSurrey:-

    A number of people remain on bail in relation to the Operation Zebu murder investigation.


    • A 26-year-old man from West Molesey arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle and murder and on conspiracy to pervert the course of justice has been re-bailed to 16 December.
    • A 26-year-old man from West Molesey arrested on suspicion to burgle and murder has been re-bailed to 16 December.
    • A 45-year-old woman from Oxshott arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice has been re-bailed until 16 December.
    • A 20-year-old woman from Oxshott arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice has been re-bailed until 16 December.
    • A 53-year-old man from West Molesey has been arrested on suspicion of fraud by false representation. He is on police bail and is due to report back on 10 January 2017.

    andOn Monday morning [my note 5th Dec], a 24-year-old woman from Kent was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. She was later released on bail until January 12 2017.

    http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surr...woman-12273533

    I'm speculating an ex-partner and offspring here. 45 year old woman (knowledge), 20 yr old daughter (knowledge), possibly a 26 yr old son and mate (involvement), or 26 yr old twin sons (involvement), plus a 24 yr old female friend (assisting). I have no idea if there was an ex-partner, or offspring.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,911
    On Sunday night Miss Mercer had cooked dinner there for her daughter and a friend, who both later went out.
    Her body was found in her front garden the next morning.

    When her daughter arrived home officers prevented her from going inside.


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cked-home.html



    DCI Rymarz said that Ms Mercer had gone outside to put something in her bins at around 9pm on the Sunday after having a family meal.

    http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surr...eveal-11879680



    How do the police know that Robyn went out to the bins at 9pm ?

    We are told that daughter and friend went out after dinner. Surely this was before Robyn went to the bin ? otherwise they would have gone to see where she was, after a minute or two, when she didnt come back to the house.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    The Back of Beyond
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    [I]

    How do the police know that Robyn went out to the bins at 9pm ?

    We are told that daughter and friend went out after dinner. Surely this was before Robyn went to the bin ? otherwise they would have gone to see where she was, after a minute or two, when she didnt come back to the house.
    Maybe she was found by the bins with the bag of rubbish.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    On Sunday night Miss Mercer had cooked dinner there for her daughter and a friend, who both later went out.
    Her body was found in her front garden the next morning.

    When her daughter arrived home officers prevented her from going inside.


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cked-home.html



    DCI Rymarz said that Ms Mercer had gone outside to put something in her bins at around 9pm on the Sunday after having a family meal.

    http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surr...eveal-11879680



    How do the police know that Robyn went out to the bins at 9pm ?


    We are told that daughter and friend went out after dinner. Surely this was before Robyn went to the bin ? otherwise they would have gone to see where she was, after a minute or two, when she didnt come back to the house.

    BIB

    She must have been seen by a neighbour or maybe the girls left the house as she was putting something in the bin, ie she may have been waving the girls off at the same time as taking the "rubbish" out.

    We don’t have a time of death yet other than between 9pm (when she was last seen alive) and 8 am the following day unless I have missed it somewhere. It could have been later that evening. She may have gone back inside and later answered the door to the killers or gone to her car for something and was then attacked. According to the Crimewatch report she was found by the gate to the back of the house.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    A Kent woman has been arrested as part of the ongoing investigation into the death of Robyn Mercer in West Molesey.

    On Monday morning, a 24-year-old woman from Kent was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. She was later released on bail until January 12 2017.

    http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surr...woman-12273533

    so what's happened with this person ? has she also been released from bail ?

    just realised that tomorrow is one year from the date of Robyn's murder. A long time for no breakthrough.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    so what's happened with this person ? has she also been released from bail ?

    just realised that tomorrow is one year from the date of Robyn's murder. A long time for no breakthrough.
    She was bailed but I don't know if she has been released from it. There were 5 on bail, four of whom we know have been released.

    http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n..._West_Molesey/


    “A sixth person has been arrested in connection with the murder of antiques dealer Robyn Mercer in West Molesey.

    Ms Mercer, 50, was found blugeoned to death outside her home in Abbey Walk, Walton Road, on March 14.
    Detectives had said during a Crimewatch appeal in the months after her death that she had been attacked with an axe or a machete.

    Officers arrested a 24-year-old woman from Kent this morning on suspicion of assisting an offender.
    She has been bailed until January 12”



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,911
    Detectives investigating the murder of an antiques dealer who was bludgeoned to death outside her Surrey home have charged a man with falsifying a will.

    Robyn Mercer, 50, was killed with either an axe or a machete in West Molesey on 14 March, and found dead at the end of her driveway in Walton Road.

    Robert Webb, 53, of Walton Road, West Molesey, has been charged with fraud by false representation.

    He is due to appear before Staines magistrates on 1 March.


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-38829660

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,911
    The will of a murder victim was falsified by her boyfriend in an attempt inherit her £420,000 estate, a court has heard.

    Robert Webb, 53, allegedly faked the will of antiques dealer Robyn Mercer after she was bludgeoned to death at her home in March last year.

    Ms Mercer, 50, was found in the front garden of her home in West Molesey, Surrey and murder squad detectives say she was beaten to death with either an axe or machete.

    Staines Magistrates Court heard that Webb is said to have falsified the mother-of-two's will on or before September 20.


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...boyfriend.html

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    3,412
    Excellent start Alyce, thank you.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    289
    More violence against women by greedy entitled men, grrrrr!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The one thing that doesnít abide by majority rule is a personís conscience.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    245
    Thank you for starting the thread Alyce, he has not yet been charged with anything more than falsifying her Will but those injuries which killed her just scream "hatred". I would bet he knows far more/is involved far more than he is saying.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Alive PA - Craig Candiotti, 34, Mercer, 5 Feb 2016
    By Richrd in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2016, 12:08 PM
  2. GUILTY MA - Katherine Gomes, 61, & Robyn Mendes, 48, murdered, 6 Jan 2009
    By MeoW333 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-16-2015, 03:23 PM
  3. GUILTY Canada - Julie Paskall, 53, murdered, Surrey, BC, 29 Dec 2013
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:05 PM
  4. GUILTY Canada - Six people found murdered, Surrey, BC, 19 Oct 2007
    By PastTense in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 12:13 AM
  5. UK - Christopher Donovan, 18, brutally murdered, Surrey, 25 May 2001
    By wfgodot in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM

Tags for this Thread