Found Deceased WA - Ben Keita, 18, Seattle, 26 Nov 2016

cnmccarthy

Reaction score
I may be doing this wrong but I didn't see a thread for him. I couldn't find the exact date he went missing but I feel websleuths can help find out who did this if it wasn't a suicide. [emoji53] RIP Ben. [emoji173]

"Ben Keita, an 18-year-old black Muslim, was missing for months. His body, which was found hanging from a tree, hints at a possible hate crime."

http://resistancereport.com/news/black-muslim-teen-hanging/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...24ccab94435_story.html?utm_term=.ab44cba9a47f

"Early in the investigation we discovered that, unknown to the family, Ben did not go to work on November 25 or 26, and had not been to school for about three weeks.
<<snipped>>
http://q13fox.com/2017/03/02/lake-s...-18-year-old-found-hanging-by-rope-from-tree/

LSPD are investigating why these changes occurred. Who were Ben's closest associates? Did he mention anything to them about (hypothetical) threats received, failing grades, debts?

I may be doing this wrong but I didn't see a thread for him. I couldn't find the exact date he went missing but I feel websleuths can help find out who did this if it wasn't a suicide. [emoji53] RIP Ben. [emoji173]

"Ben Keita, an 18-year-old black Muslim, was missing for months. His body, which was found hanging from a tree, hints at a possible hate crime."

Replying to my own post to add another oddity found in the autopsy report.
"the heart blood was noted to contain ice crystals and it is possible that the decedent had been in a semi-frozen state for a number of weeks"
I find this weird. Since the cause of death was hanging, does this mean he was kept outside or in a freezer alive? I wouldn't think they'd say the cause of death was hanging if he was dead in a freezer. Sorry for the graphic post.

This case is odd.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...24ccab94435_story.html?utm_term=.ab44cba9a47f

<<snipped>>
http://q13fox.com/2017/03/02/lake-s...-18-year-old-found-hanging-by-rope-from-tree/

LSPD are investigating why these changes occurred. Who were Ben's closest associates? Did he mention anything to them about (hypothetical) threats received, failing grades, debts?

Do they mean three weeks before he went missing? If so, I wonder if it was voluntary?

I am also having a hard time finding his facebook but I haven't been sleuthing super hard. Stupid bacteriology test ahead. :(

Thank you mods for changing the title to add the date missing! :) <3

A lot of good info from this article.

His mother said his wallet, phone and car still were at the home, according to the medical examiner's report.

And-
"that Keita's family believes police haven't interviewed four people -- co-workers of Keita -- who they think may have known something about his whereabouts."

Who were these people? Why haven't they been interviewed? Why did he not go to class for that long?

[video=cnn;us/2017/03/03/ben-keita-hanging-teen-hln.hln]http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/us/washington-teen-ben-keita-hanging/index.html?ofs=fbia[/video]

Hmm. I think he has been in that tree the whole time and they just failed to look up (we have seen that before). I'm not sure why the high branch makes a difference - are they suggesting the rope was there before he was "lynched"? How far off the ground was he in relation to this branch? If one person can climb up there to tie it, there is no reason it couldn't have been him. It is good to see LE investigating all avenues though.

Hmm. I think he has been in that tree the whole time and they just failed to look up (we have seen that before). I'm not sure why the high branch makes a difference - are they suggesting the rope was there before he was "lynched"? How far off the ground was he in relation to this branch? If one person can climb up there to tie it, there is no reason it couldn't have been him. It is good to see LE investigating all avenues though.

Agreed. It seems they are focusing on the height (which imo he could've climbed up the tree, tied the rope around his neck, and jumped) and the fact they didn't find him. If he was that high up they might have missed him depending on how long rope was. I find it weird they aren't focusing at all on the ice crystals in his heart. All I can think about is him being kept in a freezer but I don't think you can survive long periods in a freezer?

And below that, his mother's comment. Why is the media trying to position this as a muslim hate crime? It is a bit ironic to assume a black family from Guinea is muslim.

I think he is Muslim. From what I've seen possibly? I feel like if it's a hate crime it's more likely to be because of his skin color so I'm not 100% sure why they're focusing on his religion. I was thinking last night, what if his death was an accident and someone was trying to make it look like a suicide? It wouldn't explain why he missed that much school. And if it was his high school why wasn't his mom called?

I also find it super odd I cannot find a social media footprint for him ANYWHERE. no twitter, instagram, Facebook... strange for a teenage boy this day and age. IMO

According to the article on CNN, he missed 3 weeks of school BEFORE his disappearance, he was attending community college and was 18, and therefore an adult. Per the article, colleges don't inform parents when their adult children miss school.

CNN article also stated "that while the tree was high (one officer reported 50 feet, another reported 30 ft), the rope was long, and his feet were actually just 2.5 feet from the ground".

CAIR ( Council on Islamic-Relations) is intervening for the family. They are listed on Wikipedia as an Islamic advocacy group, but have been criticized by the Anti Defamation League as having past ties to Hamas (terrorist organization). Wikipedia also claims the group has purported to have had anti-semites at its rallies. Another critic claims CAIR is an organization for "victimization".

While the above paragraph is information from Wikipedia only, this paragraph opinion only. I will be interested to see if my post is deemed "racist", or "Islamophobic", and therefore deleted by moderators. Any crime that involves a Muslim, or even any comment that is in any way deemed as not complimentary to Muslims, is deemed by CAIR as such. So it is easy to see why they are calling for this to be investigated as a hate crime. They have become quite powerful, because anyone who disagrees with them is automatically labelled a racist or Islamaphobe.

Despite that being said, I feel bad for the boy. The indications to me of him having missed school, and missed work, is that he either became involved with the wrong people, or was suffering from some kind of depression. It feels to me that something significant affected his life in such a way, that resulted in either his suicide, or death by other means.

he was hanging from a tree outside

Replying to my own post to add another oddity found in the autopsy report.
"the heart blood was noted to contain ice crystals and it is possible that the decedent had been in a semi-frozen state for a number of weeks"
I find this weird. Since the cause of death was hanging, does this mean he was kept outside or in a freezer alive? I wouldn't think they'd say the cause of death was hanging if he was dead in a freezer. Sorry for the graphic post.

This case is odd.

I wonder why his wallet and phone were locked inside his car ... presumably he had the keys since it doesn't say they were locked inside too.

According to the article on CNN, he missed 3 weeks of school BEFORE his disappearance, he was attending community college and was 18, and therefore an adult. Per the article, colleges don't inform parents when their adult children miss school.

CNN article also stated "that while the tree was high (one officer reported 50 feet, another reported 30 ft), the rope was long, and his feet were actually just 2.5 feet from the ground".

CAIR ( Council on Islamic-Relations) is intervening for the family. They are listed on Wikipedia as an Islamic advocacy group, but have been criticized by the Anti Defamation League as having past ties to Hamas (terrorist organization). Wikipedia also claims the group has purported to have had anti-semites at its rallies. Another critic claims CAIR is an organization for "victimization".

While the above paragraph is information from Wikipedia only, this paragraph opinion only. I will be interested to see if my post is deemed "racist", or "Islamophobic", and therefore deleted by moderators. Any crime that involves a Muslim, or even any comment that is in any way deemed as not complimentary to Muslims, is deemed by CAIR as such. So it is easy to see why they are calling for this to be investigated as a hate crime. They have become quite powerful, because anyone who disagrees with them is automatically labelled a racist or Islamaphobe.

Despite that being said, I feel bad for the boy. The indications to me of him having missed school, and missed work, is that he either became involved with the wrong people, or was suffering from some kind of depression. It feels to me that something significant affected his life in such a way, that resulted in either his suicide, or death by other means.

That makes sense. Then it was probably his community college he was missing and not high school. He was attending classes at both. If he had missed weeks of high school, even if he was an adult, I would think they would say he was truant or alert his parents. If it was the community college then of course they wouldn't be alerted.

As for the group, it kind of goes along with something I found. There was a Facebook profile for his full name but it was in a different language coinciding with muslim heritage and anytime I clicked on it the site it said the webpage wouldn't load.

he was hanging from a tree outside

He wouldn't have ice crystals in his heart if he was dead I would think. Blood is no longer pumping, he's not breathing in the cold, so it can't be because he was hanging outside. IMO from knowledge I've learned while in veterinary school.
http://www.anapsid.org/necropsy.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member