1265 users online (231 members and 1034 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1045
    Has it ever been published if participants showing up for class, vehicles ever searched prior to them being allowed to leave? I posted this at the very beginning but as of today, haven't heard or read anything about what scrutiny LE used to thoroughly check out the people at the church that morning and if cameras caught anyone leaving prior to the arrival of emergency personnel and law enforcement.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Has it ever been published if participants showing up for class, vehicles ever searched prior to them being allowed to leave? I posted this at the very beginning but as of today, haven't heard or read anything about what scrutiny LE used to thoroughly check out the people at the church that morning and if cameras caught anyone leaving prior to the arrival of emergency personnel and law enforcement.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
    As far as I know that info has never been revealed. The only reference to a car early in the investigation was one LE mentioned in a presser. Then later they showed the Altima at SWFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by ezrah View Post
    As far as I know that info has never been revealed. The only reference to a car early in the investigation was one LE mentioned in a presser. Then later they showed the Altima at SWFA.

My interpretation of this statement was that LE saw SP drive into the church parking lot (along with MB and the campers) from the gun store cameras. They could see headlights and general shape from that angle/distance but not much else.

Staged break-in, but unplanned murder. SP didn't expect to encounter anybody.

So why would he stage a break-in? Because he wanted to create a need that he could then supply - and from which he could profit.

Perhaps he works in security. He hoped to sell an alarm system, or to be hired in a security role. Maybe both.

Why go to such lengths? Desperate times, desperate measures. A dire financial need. Joblessness.

What went wrong? He was surprised by Missy. And while his outfit was great for concealment from cameras, it didn't conceal his identity when standing next to her. She knew him. In that moment he decided he had to kill her.

Very interesting plot. It actully connect a few dots; It seems like LE is struggling to get evidence. Maybe we go back and flesh out different possible motives. Were there other like incidences in that area (esp before). Tho that doesn't rule anything out or in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball3804 View Post
    Staged break-in, but unplanned murder. SP didn't expect to encounter anybody.

So why would he stage a break-in? Because he wanted to create a need that he could then supply - and from which he could profit.

Perhaps he works in security. He hoped to sell an alarm system, or to be hired in a security role. Maybe both.

Why go to such lengths? Desperate times, desperate measures. A dire financial need. Joblessness.

What went wrong? He was surprised by Missy. And while his outfit was great for concealment from cameras, it didn't conceal his identity when standing next to her. She knew him. In that moment he decided he had to kill her.
    Interesting. More and more I'm leaning toward Missy not being targeted but in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whether Missy knew her killer or not, if they fled the scene there was a risk of Missy getting a license plate number or at least a vehicle description so it is just as likely she was hit with a hammer to prevent that sort of thing. If that is the case did SP intend to kill her? Or did they merely intend to render her unconscious and an adrenaline fueled attack got out of hand? We don't have the benefit of the autopsy report.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

I still over a year later think she was targeted and that theyíve got a suspect in mind that theyíre watching. I could be completely wrong, but thereís too many things that I wonít rehash. JMO...justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives! Hopefully an arrest will come sooner rather than later.

I agree with your view that the murder was planned in advance, janesmith787.

My vote: wrong time, wrong place. I hope someday soon we get an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by janesmith787 View Post
    I still over a year later think she was targeted and that they’ve got a suspect in mind that they’re watching. I could be completely wrong, but there’s too many things that I won’t rehash. JMO...justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives! Hopefully an arrest will come sooner rather than later.
    LE has confirmed that they have one or more POIs, just they haven't named who the POIs are

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
    LE has confirmed that they have one or more POIs, just they haven't named who the POIs are
    When was this? I donít remember it, but itís been a long time since Iíve read up on stories.

ETA: Not doubting youíre correct, thatís what Iíve thought all along...just didnít remember LE saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
    I hope they do! Can you link to where that info is? TIA

All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by JnRyan View Post
    Interesting. More and more I'm leaning toward Missy not being targeted but in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whether Missy knew her killer or not, if they fled the scene there was a risk of Missy getting a license plate number or at least a vehicle description so it is just as likely she was hit with a hammer to prevent that sort of thing. If that is the case did SP intend to kill her? Or did they merely intend to render her unconscious and an adrenaline fueled attack got out of hand? We don't have the benefit of the autopsy report.
    One of the pieces that doesn't fit here is that they attacked her chest. That's personal. Just taking her out they would go for the head

Interestingly, one group did a poll yesterday: who thought LE pretty well knows who did it. 31 out of 31 said "yes" in one form or other. Surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by janesmith787 View Post
    When was this? I don’t remember it, but it’s been a long time since I’ve read up on stories.

ETA: Not doubting you’re correct, that’s what I’ve thought all along...just didn’t remember LE saying it.
    This was from a few months ago:
    http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/04/1...-murder-probe/

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast