LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Reaction score
Unidentified White Female
Discovered in Lake Pontchartrain in Slidell, Saint Tammany Parish, Louisiana on June 19, 1986.
Cause of death was homicide.
The victim was in the water for one day prior to discovery.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 24-26 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'4"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown / red shoulder-length hair; unknown eyecolor. Freckles. Very petite.
Scars, Marks: She had a round, dime-size scar on her right knee. She also had a 2-inch long scar on her abdomen above her navel. She had a scar on the top of her right wrist and had breast implants. She had a right hip fracture that had healed. There are indications that she had had plastic surgery on her nose. She may have been in an automobile accident before - she seemed to have facial reconstruction and possibly damage to her hips which had healed previous to her demise.
Dentals: No dental work, perfect teeth. All four wisdom teeth extracted.
Clothing: She was not wearing any clothes nor jewelry when she was discovered; however, there was a 1/2-inch wide ring mark on her left ring finger.
Medical Conditions: She was 3 months pregnant.
DNA: Available.

Case History

The victim's nude body was found by fishermen just east of the Interstate 10 twin spans and about 50 yards from the north shore June 19, 1986. A plastic bag was placed over her face, secured with gray duct tape and a 22-pound weight tied to her neck. She had suffered numerous stab wounds to her facial area as well.
Detectives think she might have been married because of markings indicating she had worn a ring on her left hand.

Based on information from meteorologists and marine biologists, detectives concluded the body likely was dumped in the lake between Bayou Lacombe and the Rigolets Pass.

An autopsy revealed the woman died of asphyxia a day or two before the body was discovered.

Investigators could lift only one complete fingerprint from the woman's decomposed hands.

Detectives tried to identify the woman through her silicone breast implants. But the implants did not have serial numbers, and detectives were unable to trace them to the doctor who performed the surgery.
She is believed to not be local to the area.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office
Detective Marco Demma
985-645-2467
NCIC Number: U-211402266
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The Times-Picayune
TheNewOrleansChannel.com
America's Most Wanted 2/5/05
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 16UFLA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html

Richard, it's strange that you posted her, I looked at her for a long time yesterday. She sounds identifiable because of the breast implants, nice teeth, possibly a husband somewhere (although possibly guilty and keeping quiet) and 3 months pregnant. Also, the evidence of some sort of tragic accident in her past should help as well.

I know implants are not that unusual now, but what about 1986, when she was found?

LButler said:
Richard, it's strange that you posted her, I looked at her for a long time yesterday. She sounds identifiable because of the breast implants, nice teeth, possibly a husband somewhere (although possibly guilty and keeping quiet) and 3 months pregnant. Also, the evidence of some sort of tragic accident in her past should help as well....
I cannot really explain why I chose this girl's case to post here. This morning, I was looking at the recent postings, but most were on cases that have been on the boards for a while. I just wanted to post a case that had not been on this forum and which seemed to have a lot of information available. I went to the Doenetwork, picked one of their index files at random, then scanned through the photos looking for one with an interesting story and a lot of information. I had not discussed this case with anyone before and did not know that you were interested in it. It is certainly strange that such a coincidence occurred. I cannot explain it, but perhaps it was for a good reason.

I agree with you, that there are probably some answers out there about this young woman. The answers come when the questions are asked.

Just thinking about the Sharon Marshall case. Didn't Floyd make her undergo plastic surgery? Something about breast implants, and maybe more. When I saw that this unidentified girl had work done to her face and breasts I wondered . . . and this is way out there . . . what if she was "owned" by somebody who had her looks/body altered to fit his needs?

Just a creepy thought, but my mind sometimes goes in the least obvious direction.

coJoyce Irene Walcott missing from California in April 1986. There are some similarities and I think they look very similar. Joyce Walcott was in a serious automobile accident, but there is no mention of a neck scar on the Jane Doe.

www.doenetwork.cases/us/370dfca.html

16UFLA3.jpg
JWalcott.jpg

Jane Doe on left, Joyce Irene Walcott on right

Laini did you ever suggest this match? Its not only looks like her, the stats match!

I received a PM that said a potential match has been submitted to authorities and its in their hands....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/grimm_linda.html

grimm_linda2.jpg
16UFLA3.jpg

I just found this thread and I also have been working on this Jane Doe case. I think these two women physically match. I wish there was more info on Linda Grimm though. There are conflicting reports of whether she went missing in April 1985, or March 1986. I think she would fit Jane Doe better if the 1985 scenerio was correct. Her mother claims the last time she talked with Linda was Oct. 1987, which is way after Jane Doe was found. However, if she really went missing in 1985, and her mother says she talked with her for about 18 months after she went missing in 85', then the Jane Doe would fit better, if the mother was wrong about 1987. It doesn't say when she was reported missing originally.

Here's what matches, or potentially matches:

Height: Yes, Jane Doe: 5'2"-5'4", Linda: 5'2"
Weight: Yes, Jane Doe:120, Linda: 110
Linda missing from CA, Jane found in LA (big distance)
Linda, cesarian section scar on abdomen, Jane Doe 2" scar above navel (I have no knowledge of how big cesarian section scars are)
Jane Doe-breast implants, Linda, unknown (but could have gotten them in the 18 month period of time)
Jane Doe, hip fracture, possible facial reconstruction, and possible car accident. Linda, unknown (unless she was in an accident during the year in question)

Linda may have been married to a guy named Robert Masters who was a truck driver in Kansas (only two states away from LA). Jane Doe had worn a wedding band, as indicated by an imprint of a band on her left finger). Masters may have had oppurtunity to dump her body if LA was on his truck route.

What do you think?

I think they do look alike. Especially the picture on the left (Charley Project) and the Linda Grimm pic.

Unless the mom has a phone record or calender or something else she recorded the phone call in (diary, etc) I would leave that open as a possibility that the year could be off. I know when my sister was murdered there was a lot of blurring of dates after the fact (for the entire family) due to I believe psychologically trying to forget, push away from consciousness in order to move forward with everyday living.

Hi
Yes,this is very strange you put this Jane doe.this is the main Jane doe I am trying to push to see if this is my sister.Tammy Lynn Leppert.If by chance tammy did run away for any reason.Some one suggested she may have changed her facial structure and looks and was acting somewhere.Tammy did want breast implants.This Jane Doe use to be listed as much taller.so I never looked into her.What keeps me coming back to this Jane doe is the Jane Doe had a dime size scar on her knee.I keep trying to find out where.Tammy had a scar in one earlier picture of her.You cannot see it really in older pitures of her.it is this scar that keeps me coming back to this Jane Doe.What else can you find out on this Jane Doe?

suzannec4444 said:
Hi
Yes,this is very strange you put this Jane doe.this is the main Jane doe I am trying to push to see if this is my sister.Tammy Lynn Leppert.If by chance tammy did run away for any reason.Some one suggested she may have changed her facial structure and looks and was acting somewhere.Tammy did want breast implants.This Jane Doe use to be listed as much taller.so I never looked into her.What keeps me coming back to this Jane doe is the Jane Doe had a dime size scar on her knee.I keep trying to find out where.Tammy had a scar in one earlier picture of her.You cannot see it really in older pitures of her.it is this scar that keeps me coming back to this Jane Doe.What else can you find out on this Jane Doe?
Hi Suzanne, there really isn't a lot that I found on her, except what is posted here on this thread. Have you contacted law enforcement about a DNA match for you and this Jane Doe?

Mullins said:
I think they do look alike. Especially the picture on the left (Charley Project) and the Linda Grimm pic.

Unless the mom has a phone record or calender or something else she recorded the phone call in (diary, etc) I would leave that open as a possibility that the year could be off. I know when my sister was murdered there was a lot of blurring of dates after the fact (for the entire family) due to I believe psychologically trying to forget, push away from consciousness in order to move forward with everyday living.
I am sorry about your sister.

I think they are a very good match. About the difference in the dates - it could have been a reporter's error or a transcribing error.

Suzanne, if you want more information about this Jane Doe I highly recommend the AMW link (its posted above). I learned considerably more at that link than I did from the Doe Network.

Hi
Thankyou.I have just about everything on this Jane Doe.I am very interested in her.I am just hoping to find out more on her.as much as I can.Thankyou for helping me.you are very nice.I am trying to call him now.I have been looking into this Jane Doe for awhile now.Since last Febuary.America's most wanted ran this
Jane Does story on my sisters birthday.

suzanne

Hi
Thankyou.I didn't get much information from them.The Doe network really helped me alot.They are very nice people.

suzanne

Mary Manheim's book Trail of Bones says the following (I summarized):
Young white female.
Plastic bag over her head and she was weighted down.
She was buried in a pauper's grave in a body bag because she was not id'd.
Exhumed in 2003. Apparently they were trying to compare her remains to a missing woman (doesn't say who though). It was not a match.
Approximately 18 to 25 yrs. of age.
Strangled.
Had breast implants.
More than 3 months pregnant at TOD.
They made a dental chart to compare to the missing woman. It was not a match.
She had no fillings. Her teeth were perfect.
No wisdom teeth.
Manheim also says that she had trauma to the hips that was in a process of being healed, and that the girl would had to have been in a hospital for the trauma for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail