IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

Please DO NOT bring in family members of the victim's and suggest they might have had something to do with the crime. As of right now, there is ZERO evidence to suggest this is the case.

People, please think about what Abby and Liberty's loved ones are going through right now.

They lost their two angels to murder and now they read on the Internet people are ripping their lives apart.

Same thing with any random person you happen to bring up. These people do not deserve to have their lives spread out and accusations made against them based on a theory with nothing to back it up.

I know it's frustrating when you go on other sites and they are talking about EVERYTHING but we just do not work that way on Websleuths.

You are anonymous behind your computer screen. Doesn't hurt you if you post something that's not true about a grieving family member. You step away from your computer and all is well. Meanwhile, your words are like burning hot knives in people's hearts.

Please take a moment to read our rules
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

If you have any questions please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com or send a private message.

Ask yourself the following; Would you stand face to face with the person you are accusing, tell them your theory and tell them your real name?

Even with our tight and well thought out rules Websleuths is able to do amazing sleuthing.

Thank you for caring about Abby and Liberty.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

PS. Thank you KayElJay for letting me post in your opening post.

MISSING: Two 13-year-old girls dropped off to go walking at Carroll County trail

Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls’ bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

ISP page dedicated to the investigation (includes audio of suspect)

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread
Rules Etiquette & Information

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Audio loop http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

SGT. KIM RILEY, INDIANA STATE POLICE (via telephone) with CNN re: three posts in the image on the bridge

RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the picture. And if you look at the far end of the tracks, it looks like there`s two people actually standing there. But if you blow the picture up, you`ll notice that there`s actually three poles there to keep cars from being -- trying to drive across the bridge. So that`s the marks that you see at the end of the tracks.

Teen used cell phone to capture chilling audio of her killer: Police

ADMIN NOTE: Do NOT post photos of random individuals in a side by side fashion to compare with unidentified suspect. You may be sleuthing someone ten ways to Sunday but do NOT post about it here. Until there is a named suspect to sleuth it is against TOS.

If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Posts that are outside the rules are subject to removal without warning or explanation. Members who continue to post against the rules are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Please continue discussing while being mindful of the rules which can always be found linked in my signature.

ADMIN NOTE: Because so many members were brand new, we, the owner and staff, have been very patient with you. We thought you deserved some time to learn the ropes. Well, you've had almost two weeks to figure out how we roll here. If you haven't bothered to read the Rules, especially Etiquette and Information, then shame on ya.

Going forward, we will issue Time Outs of 24 hours or longer. No excuses, no questions asked. Consider this a fair warning.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

cjbesch
user-offline.png

Join DateApr 2013Posts9​

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cjbesch
I wrote to the editor of the Carroll County News site this morning to see if they will allow everyone to view their site until the BG is caught. At least so we can read the articles and share them. We will see. This is in regards to the article no one could read last night.

Wow... This was PROMPT! I just heard back from the editor. Bless her heart. I am copy and pasting her response:

(modsnip)

The Comet is a paid site and we typically have a two-week quarantine period before content is free. I made both articles free access and will try to remember to make future articles on the double homicide free as well. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Susan Scholl, Editor​

I am so many pages behind right now, but wanted to thank you and ask a question:

How wonderful of them to give us this courtesy, and a big thank you for even thinking to ask.

This should be a direct link to the full article from today:
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/n...ntinues_in_his_resolve_the_double_homici.html

Do you know where to find the other article mentioned? I could not find it yet.

:tyou:

Was just poking around for more definitive info based on what LE has publicly stated, and to clarify some stuff that keeps coming up, and was reading a transcript from an interview on Primetime Justice (CNN). It was mostly the same info as given in the presser, but because stated slightly differently, cleared up some stuff for me. For example, Slocum clarifies that they do have more audio/video but they won't release directly or provide more details because it's germane to the investigation. That said, he does say that they were able to tell that there was "maybe" an issue from watching the video. So that suggests to me that the beginning of an attack wasn't necessarily obvious on the video but that the video makes obvious all the stuff we've been speculating about (suspicious/aggressive body language, suspicious/concealed stuff on his person). MOO.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/22/ptab.01.html

Was just poking around for more definitive info based on what LE has publicly stated, and to clarify some stuff that keeps coming up, and was reading a transcript from an interview on Primetime Justice (CNN). It was mostly the same info as given in the presser, but because stated slightly differently, cleared up some stuff for me. For example, Slocum clarifies that they do have more audio/video but they won't release directly or provide more details because it's germane to the investigation. That said, he does say that they were able to tell that there was "maybe" an issue from watching the video. So that suggests to me that the beginning of an attack wasn't necessarily obvious on the video but that the video makes obvious all the stuff we've been speculating about (suspicious/aggressive body language, suspicious/concealed stuff on his person). MOO.

Yes, and Sheriff Leazenby said this:

After reviewing evidence, Leazenby says it appears the girls initially took pictures for fun but later became uncomfortable and recorded the video as a way of ensuring evidence.

https://thehillnews.net/news/2-Week...rches-for-Answers:-‘Shock,-Fear-and-Numbness’

steelman playing with his friends.gifclick <------------I was outside hangin' with some friends and enjoyin' the nice spring like weather.

I dropped in just in time to see that it's time to move to a new thread.......this time I thought I would take a selfie while doing it---->Steelman selfie crash.gif

It's fine, it's fine !! I went to the insurance company and got it all cleared up----->steelman leaves the insurance office.gif

And here I am...........................ready to sleuth !! an stuck in sinkhole.gif

View attachment 111805click <------------I was outside hangin' with some friends and enjoyin' the nice spring like weather.

I dropped in just in time to see that it's time to move to a new thread.......this time I thought I would take a selfie while doing it---->View attachment 111806

It's fine, it's fine !! I went to the insurance company and got it all cleared up----->View attachment 111807

And here I am...........................ready to sleuth !! View attachment 111808

Literally lol'd. Thanks for that. &#129315;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone. I live in Indiana so this really hits close to home. Newly registered so I could "talk" to you lovely people.

I wanted to bring something up that I am not sure has been discussed yet..or maybe I missed it.

I know much has been said about the BG parking at the cemetery BUT if he did this would not his jeans be wet? They would be wet on the legs if he parked at the cemetery, walked through the creek to get to the other end of the bridge to meet the Abby and Libby.

I am probably way off base but had to throw that out there...

View attachment 111805click <------------I was outside hangin' with some friends and enjoyin' the nice spring like weather.

I dropped in just in time to see that it's time to move to a new thread.......this time I thought I would take a selfie while doing it---->View attachment 111806

It's fine, it's fine !! I went to the insurance company and got it all cleared up----->View attachment 111807

And here I am...........................ready to sleuth !! View attachment 111808

Ouch [emoji23]

Hi Everyone. I live in Indiana so this really hits close to home. Newly registered so I could "talk" to you lovely people.

I wanted to bring something up that I am not sure has been discussed yet..or maybe I missed it.

I know much has been said about the BG parking at the cemetery BUT if he did this would not his jeans be wet? They would be wet on the legs if he parked at the cemetery, walked through the creek to get to the other end of the bridge to meet the Abby and Libby.

I am probably way off base but had to throw that out there...

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

I thought I would bounce on in here this afternoon and see Arrest !! plastered across the top of the screen.....................didn't happen.

Are we any closer to that happening ?? I see where they plan on sending the family out to a press conference, (after much teaching and coaching), to avoid answering direct questions by the media. I'm not sure what the strategy is behind that, but I assume it has something to do with tugging at the heart strings of whomever might know who this guy is. I wouldn't be surprised if the family makes a statement, but doesn't take any follow-up questions.

Yes, and Sheriff Leazenby said this:

After reviewing evidence, Leazenby says it appears the girls initially took pictures for fun but later became uncomfortable and recorded the video as a way of ensuring evidence.

https://thehillnews.net/news/2-Week...rches-for-Answers:-‘Shock,-Fear-and-Numbness’

Thank you; I had not seen that. There are a lot of these little comments from LE quoted in various sources that resolve questions that keep coming up over and over. It's very hard to keep up and it takes a long time to get through all the threads! I noted also that in the Primetime Justice transcript it's stated pretty clearly that they don't have any evidence to suggest a planned meet-up. I didn't realize until I read that that anyone from LE had actually made a statement addressing that.

Does anyone recall a statement by LE where it was stated that the evidence was quickly expanding them outside the area? I think I remember hearing that but it was one of those nights when I was literally falling asleep with my laptop in bed. It makes me think that possibly whatever they had fast-tracked didn't match any locals. And/or could tie the suspect to a crime outside the area. Neither of which would necessarily rule out a local (e.g. a non-registered local who has left DNA outside the immediate area in another crime.) Anyway, does anyone recall this being stated by LE? I've been trying to do a search for it and I'm not finding it now.

Before it got dark, they called the police, who assembled search parties. Authorities initially did not suspect foul play in the girls’ disappearance but relatives knew it was unlike the girls to vanish on their own.

“Everything from that night is a blur,” Patty says.

“Both girls are heroes,” Patty tells PEOPLE. “They were both heroes, neither one of those girls would have left the other.”

Abby and Libby were familiar with the hike, Patty says, which is part of a 10-mile community trail created by the city of Delphi and considered a hangout for local teens.

http://people.com/crime/liberty-german-abby-williams-slain-indiana-teens-two-weeks-missing/

I thought I would bounce on in here this afternoon and see Arrest !! plastered across the top of the screen.....................didn't happen.

Are we any closer to that happening ?? I see where they plan on sending the family out to a press conference, (after much teaching and coaching), to avoid answering direct questions by the media. I'm not sure what the strategy is behind that, but I assume it has something to do with tugging at the heart strings of whomever might know who this guy is. I wouldn't be surprised if the family makes a statement, but doesn't take any follow-up questions.

Despite the head injury you likely suffered exiting the insurance office and the aching arms from trying to extract yourself from the sinkhole... I think your assumptions are on-the-money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie