1311 users online (278 members and 1033 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MN - Michael Delmore, 53, shot to death, Mound, 19 June 2005

This is an older story, but I thought it was a strange one...

Murder Suspect Confessed To WCCO Radio

WCCO) Minneapolis A Mound, Minn. man suspected of murder is in custody Sunday after he apparently confessed to the crime to a WCCO Radio reporter.

While the search for Jeff Skelton was in full gear, the suspect called the station and confessed to shooting the man he said was his wife's boyfriend.

Jeff Skelton was apparently listening to WCCO Radio's news update in the afternoon and didn't like the story. So, he called in to reporter Bruce Hagevik to tell his side of what happened.

Hagevik rolled tape as this admitted killer blamed his wife for cheating on him.

"It's been tearing me apart for a long time," Skelton said in the recording. "I've lived with a lot of lies and a lot of deceit for a long time and all I wanted to do today - well she left me on Friday. She didn't, you know, go to a co-worker's house for safety or anything like that. She went to this guy she's been shacking up with."

Jeff Skelton apparently decided to get his gun, leave his home in Mound and drive nearly three miles to the home of the man he believed was sleeping with his wife.

"(I was) running on basically two days with no sleep," Skelton said. "I decided I was going to go over there and I was gonna shoot this guy in the foot and make him sit there and listen to me and suffer a little bit while he listened to me, so at least he could hear my side of what he did to my family."

"He came after me," Skelton said," and the rest is history."

More: http://wcco.com/crime/local_story_170181309.html

Jeff Skelton

Am I supposed to feel sorry for him? Sorry guy, I don't. You took the gun to the guys house, and you pulled the trigger. Off to court you go! See if the jury feels sorry about what you did.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Divorce would be easier. All he had to do was hire a PI for proof.

From June 2009:

http://mn.gov/web/prod/static/lawlib...80572-0602.pdf

Skelton... pleaded guilty to second- degree intentional murder in violation of Minn. Stat. 609.19, subd. 1(1) (2004) and was sentenced to 396 months (33 years) in prison.