Identified! FL - Palm Beach Co, near State Rd 703, WhtFem 14-15, UP16314, in woods, Jun'74 - Suzanne Gale Poole

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
NamUs UP 16314

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16314

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)

Found April 15, 2014 in Palm Beach County, FL
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only

Probable year of death: 1973 to 1974

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 14-15
Approximate Height: 60 estimate
Approximate Weight: 103 estimate
Hair Color:
Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
black pullover sweater with grey long sleeves and grey waistband. Yellow panties - approximate size 5. Blue denim material found at scene.
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered
DNA: Sample is currently not available

Case History:
There is no public information at this time.

Might be her - according to her parents she was last seen barefoot and wearing denim. Very possible whoever took her crossed the state (it is about 200 miles between Hillsborough County and Palm Beach). SR 703 is now SR A1A

From The Palm Beach Post, West Palm Beach, FL, September 26, 1972
attachment.php

Attachments

• ThePalmBeachPost-WestPalmBeach-Sept-26-1972_zps0jblbjhq.jpg
    ThePalmBeachPost-WestPalmBeach-Sept-26-1972_zps0jblbjhq.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 440
It seems odd that they would have such a specific death range on 40 year old remains. It also seems strange that there would be any clothing left after that long in a wooded area.

It seems odd that they would have such a specific death range on 40 year old remains. It also seems strange that there would be any clothing left after that long in a wooded area.

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not a medical examiner so I don't know what they would be looking at to determine that age range. They seem to have quite a lot of information on her but they only have partial remains.

Hopefully we can give her a name and bring her home. I've never called in on an UID, but I'm thinking of calling in on this one. It would seem that since she was so close, they would have looked into her already, but when you look at the missing person reports on NAMUS in FL, there are quite a few.

I'm pretty new at this. I'm curious if they are able to extract her DNA or if they will be able to determine based on dental records.

It is an estimate. Like Maybe the ME said 'about 40 years' and that is why it says 1974 only. I looked for matches plus or minus a few years. Gail Joiner is a good candidate.

There are changes in the bones and teeth of a growing child that will let them pinpoint the age pretty accurately. Wisdom teeth, growth plates in the long bones, and closing of the seams of the skull are some of them.

With estimates of the age of the remains, sometimes there are outside things that will help them. Like maybe it's under a building that was built in 1975, or associated with something else that can be dated accurately.

Hopefully we can give her a name and bring her home. I've never called in on an UID, but I'm thinking of calling in on this one. It would seem that since she was so close, they would have looked into her already, but when you look at the missing person reports on NAMUS in FL, there are quite a few.

I would definitely write or call on this one. Unless the ME's estimations are way off on everything else, Joiner is the only possibility. I was thinking https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2559/23 or https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20347/18 , but both went missing way far away from where the UD was found. It's a lot less of a stretch to imagine she's your MP than any of the others.

Keep us updated when you submit. :)

What gets me is the weight estimate. I know plenty of us have a friend that either outweighs us or underweighs (no, that's not a word lol) us by 20 pounds, but still wears the same size jeans we do. I find it hard to believe they can pinpoint a weight down to such a definite number as 103 lbs just by examining a pair of underwear and a sweater, but whatever they say :confused:

Cynthia Gooding - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gooding_cynthia.html

She'd turned 16 a month before she disappeared in August 1974, weighted 100lbs & was 5'2. Marathon, where Cynthia disappeared from, is down at the very bottom of Florida, straight down the coast from North Palm Beach. However, hair color doesn't necessarily fit. I'm not sure how well hair holds up over four decades of exposure?

There are a lot of missing females this could be just from FL alone, not to mention vacationers, depending on how flexible the age range and TOD.

I am surprised we don't have more missing persons in Florida, considering how many people come through here every year, and not all of them are the most upright of citizens. Then you have transplants - even the wealthy ones like Donna Betts (wife of Dickie Betts; she was arrested recently) who are not much of a bargain... sex offenders, drugs, incessant partying....

And the rate of land development is not helping any, either.

Yes, considering the "cultural" environment I am truly surprised we don't have more MP's........

I was hesitant to post about this case.....but.....
My family was contacted back in 2014 about this girl, and abut the possibility of this girl being my sister Deb. Despite attempts by UNT and other places, no usable DNA sample could be obtained on her. Allow me to rephrase that, no DNA that could be used for a profile could be obtained. I have written and asked the person who contacted me about releasing the information given to us, but until I hear back, I can't.

I can however say this......anyone who knows my sisters case knows she vanished in 1972..and they are reasonably certain this girl died no later than 1974.....so don't limit the search to 1973 or 74. This could be one of the unfound victims of Gerard Schaffer. Also my sister is not strawberry blonde.

I did share a couple of the emails with Carl K, so he can verify this information. I am praying for answers.

I do want to make clear, it is not my wish to discourage anyone from looking at other possible matches. They do have dental on this girl, just no DNA, at this time. Without that we can't rule out or confirm her. I would love to see her get her name, even if she does not turn out to be my sister. Good luck

Teresa Fittin would be my top potential candidate http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fittin_teresa.html. She went missing from Fort Lauderdale, FL in August 1975 only about an hour away from North Palm Beach. Her car apparently vanished with her and was never recovered. She was 18 years old at the time, had blonde hair and blue eyes, and was listed being 5'1" tall and weighing about 110 pounds. It is thought that she might have been pregnant at the time she disappeared but this was never confirmed. She has both DNA and dentals available. Doe Network page: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/353dffl.html and NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6061/0/.

Still_Seek_Answers, we're all very sorry for your loss. We're also glad to have you here. Family is always the best resource in missing person cases. If this Jane Doe isn't Debora, we can at least know who she isn't and can rule her out. You also will know that you need to keep looking because you haven't found your sister yet. Either way, you'll have an answer; even if it isn't the answer that was hoped for, it'll be an answer all the same. Never stop looking.

Perhaps vegetation had grown up through the remains. It would be easy enough to age a young tree growing through them by counting the growth rings, for example.

Still_Seek_Answers, we're all very sorry for your loss. We're also glad to have you here. Family is always the best resource in missing person cases. If this Jane Doe isn't Debora, we can at least know who she isn't and can rule her out. You also will know that you need to keep looking because you haven't found your sister yet. Either way, you'll have an answer; even if it isn't the answer that was hoped for, it'll be an answer all the same. Never stop looking.

Oh, I am not discouraged. This child being found after all these years proves that Deb is still out there, somewhere. I'm always very happy anytime a UID goes home. To me it means another family who has suffered as we have, finally has answers. Every family deserves that. Them having names back and families having answers, that is truly what matters. Our day will come, in this life, or the next, we will have answers,

One huge point I was trying to make by disclosing this information is do not limit this to blondes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back