FL FL - Monroe Co, WhtFem UP16374, 30-40, in Everglades National Park, Mar'75

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 15399

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/15399

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)

Found March 15, 1975 in Monroe County, FL
Body Condition: Not recognizable-Traumatic injuries

Probable year of death: 1975 to 1975
Estimated postmortem interval: 4 weeks

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 30-40
Approximate Height: 64 estimate
Approximate Weight: 125 estimate
Hair Color: Blond strawberry

Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks:nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
Athletic shirt with v-neck, white in color with red, white and blue ribbed collar. Brand or label "Dunofold, Inc." Size medium, store label "Stan Smith, Mohawk, New York" Shirt also had small black and gold eagle embossed on left front. White muslin pants, size medium and red colored knee length socks.
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear:
nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered
DNA:
Sample is currently not available

Case History:
Found in the Everglades National Park on the Loop Road area

I think this woman was found with a man.. because there is male remains found the same day and the same location.. its a bit odd that they have not connected them.. and I have not found anything written about them either anywhere..

they both have traumatic injuries.
the way the clothing is described is the same
there is no mention of shoes for either of them
they both have the same PMI

this is the male remains that I believe must of been found together with the female remain that this thread is about.

NamUs #UP15404 Male, White / Caucasian
Date Found March 15, 1975
Location Found Florida
County Monroe County

Estimated Age Range 40-50 Years

Demographics
Sex Male
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range 40-50 Years
Estimated Year of Death 1975
Estimated PMI 4 Weeks
Height 5' 10"(70 inches) , Estimated
Weight 145 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Date Found March 15, 1975

Location Found Map
Street Address Everglades National Park Loop Road Florida

Circumstances of Recovery Found in the Everglades National Park on the Loop Road area.

Physical Description
Hair Color Red/Auburn
Head Hair Description Reddish brown
Facial Hair Description Possibly wore a beard
Left Eye Color Unknown or Missing

Clothing
Knit shirt, white in color with brand or tag label "Catalina" , size M.
Pants, kahi or green shorts with double pockets in front, label "Yodel Britches", size 32, store label "L.L. Bean, Freeport, Maine".

Florida Missing Person Flyer

Unidentified Unknown
3/15/1975

SEX: Female RACE: White
HAIR: Brown EYES:
HEIGHT: 5'04" WEIGHT: 125
COUNTY: Monroe

NARRATIVE: On March 15, 1975, the skeletonized remains of a white female were found in the Loop Road area of the Everglades which is 7 1/2 miles west of US Highway 41 and State Road 94.
The deceased had light brown or blonde hair, a height of 5'4" and weight of 120-130 pounds.
The woman was wearing a white V-neck with a red, white and blue ribbed collar, with a small black and gold eagle embossed on the left front and the store label "Duofold, Inc. Stan Smith, Mohawk, New York;
White muslin pants, size medium and red knee length socks. She also had a string with five small bells tied around her left calf. If you have any information please contact the District 16 Medical Examiner at (305) 743-9011 or the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

Florida Missing Person Flyer

Unidentified Unknown
3/15/1975

45 years
SEX: Male RACE: White
HAIR: Brown EYES:
HEIGHT: 5'09" WEIGHT: 150
COUNTY: Monroe

NARRATIVE: On March 15, 1975, the skeletonized remains of a white male was found in the Loop Road area of the Everglades approximately 7 1/2 miles west of US Highway 41 and State Road 94.
The deceased had reddish brown hair and was between 40-50 years of age with a height of 5'9", and weight between 145-160 pounds.
He was found wearing a medium white knit shirt with the tag label, "Catalina"; size 32 khaki or green shorts with double pockets in front and the label "Yodel Britches" with store label "L.L. Bean, Freeport Maine".
If you have any information please contact the District 16 Medical Examiner at (305) 743-9011 or the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

Looks to me like these people could of been from the North East area and had gone missing maybe 4 weeks to a couple of months from the time they were found. I am wondering if they were a couple who had a home they went to for the winter. Or some people who had recently moved there. these are just some thoughts. I am just wondering since they were both found together

Last edited:
Or maybe some wife was having an affair and she and her boyfriend are given traumatic injuries and thrown in the Everglades ?? Then wife is Never reported missing , could that be possible ?

Or could it could be some husband having affair with a woman and they gets traumatic injuries and dumped in Everglades . Oh there are so many scenarios BUT I do believe the remains of the man found in the same spot as the remains as the woman on this thread are connected. I have been trying to find anything on Bodies in the everglades in 1975 but have not found anything. So srtange

Ok after getting stuck last night on thinking that the man is connected to the woman on this thread I have not stopped searching and Yes it's true they were found together. !!!

So I just read the remains were found by a family looking for Butterflies in the Everglades.
They were Chopped up in half with a band saw machine from a meat store.
Tied up w rope and Thrown in 4 garbage bags that were inside 4 canvas army green duffle bags.
They thought the bodies were younger earlier on in the investigation and then later they were thought to be older . Mentioned man wore dentures but they were not located.

Here are some old news paper articles that someone posted on Facebook in 2015. Very interesting.

Florida Keys Missing and Unsolved

More info on the double murder both the man and woman were missing their hands so no finger prints available.

He was wearing shorts withva store Label : L.L.Bean Freeport Maine

She was wearing a shirt with store Label: Stan Smith Mohawk NY

There is more info on the link below.

More info on the double murder both the man and woman were missing their hands so no finger prints available.

He was wearing shorts withva store Label : L.L.Bean Freeport Maine

She was wearing a shirt with store Label: Stan Smith Mohawk NY

There is more info on the link below.

Wonder if this has anything to do with potential serial killer Silas Boston? He killed one couple by hitting them on the head repeatedly. May have more victims around the Gulf of Mexico and Carribbean during the 70s...
A British couple hitching on a yacht that turned into a tale of horror | Daily Mail Online

Oh wow I had not even heard of Sila Boston . Really interesting thanks coffeandcig for that link! Now I wonder if he was in Florida In 1975.. Iam totally hooked on this unidentified couple. I wonder if they were reported missing but it was some place else.

Oh wow I had not even heard of Sila Boston . Really interesting thanks coffeandcig for that link! Now I wonder if he was in Florida In 1975.. Iam totally hooked on this unidentified couple. I wonder if they were reported missing but it was some place else.

Back in the 70s, dressed they way they were (LL Bean), and dental work they could've started out their journey up in Maine. I'm thinking the yachting type. Back then tons of (white) South Africans were doing full sails around the world. Just a thought...

Back in the 70s, dressed they way they were (LL Bean), and dental work they could've started out their journey up in Maine. I'm thinking the yachting type. Back then tons of (white) South Africans were doing full sails around the world. Just a thought...
Oh now that is really interesting. I did not know that either! Your good!
I wonder if they were a couple that maybe people got lost at sea? Meanwhile they were just robbed of everything including their yacht.

Ok after getting stuck last night on thinking that the man is connected to the woman on this thread I have not stopped searching and Yes it's true they were found together. !!!

So I just read the remains were found by a family looking for Butterflies in the Everglades.
They were Chopped up in half with a band saw machine from a meat store.
Tied up w rope and Thrown in 4 garbage bags that were inside 4 canvas army green duffle bags.
They thought the bodies were younger earlier on in the investigation and then later they were thought to be older . Mentioned man wore dentures but they were not located.

Here are some old news paper articles that someone posted on Facebook in 2015. Very interesting.

Well, this turned out much more sinister than expected..! :eek:
As you said, madamx, there are several possible scenarios here. One of the first things that struck me was a homeinvasion gone really bad and the perp had to get rid of the 'evidence'; the boat/yacht theory can certainly fit with it, as well.

I took the liberty of posting those newspaper clippings from your links, just in case.

Attachments

• 1502554_388077951317117_2683561259976748126_n.jpg
    1502554_388077951317117_2683561259976748126_n.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 10887317_388077944650451_7682911288863379712_o.jpg
    10887317_388077944650451_7682911288863379712_o.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 16
Some of Donald McGregor's stats are slightly off, but he went missing from Miami, Florida (although two years prior). As for the woman.. maybe she was a business associate, a mistress, or something else?

Canada's Missing | Case details

MACGREGOR, Donald Alexander

Missing since
May 7, 1973
Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
White
Eye colour
Brown
Hair
Brown
Height
178cm / 5 ft 10 in
Weight
77kg / 170lb
Build
Slender/Thin

On 07 May 1973 Donald MacGregor and his wife were vacationing in Miami, Florida. Mr. MacGregor left for Panama City for business on the 07 May 1973 and was supposed to be in Panama City for about 6 weeks. Donald MacGregor was reported missing after a considerable time had passed and no one had heard from him.

Some of Donald McGregor's stats are slightly off, but he went missing from Miami, Florida (although two years prior). As for the woman.. maybe she was a business associate, a mistress, or something else?

Canada's Missing | Case details

MACGREGOR, Donald Alexander

Missing since
May 7, 1973
Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
White
Eye colour
Brown
Hair
Brown
Height
178cm / 5 ft 10 in
Weight
77kg / 170lb
Build
Slender/Thin

On 07 May 1973 Donald MacGregor and his wife were vacationing in Miami, Florida. Mr. MacGregor left for Panama City for business on the 07 May 1973 and was supposed to be in Panama City for about 6 weeks. Donald MacGregor was reported missing after a considerable time had passed and no one had heard from him.

Yes this case seems pretty sinister..your right Mrs Badcrumble!!
Oh this guy seems pretty good.. good find here!!
He could if SAID to his wife he was going on a business trip and ended up meeting up w mistress or girlfriend and left with the other woman. then Later ended up getting killed (you know how KARMA works hehe just saying) but yes this guy could be the guy his stats seem in the range.
I wonder if there is a blonde woman missing within the months or 6 weeks that he went missing.
Also mentions they were Vacationing there, makes me wonder if they lived up north hence the clothing found on the UID being from up North.

Well, this turned out much more sinister than expected..! :eek:
As you said, madamx, there are several possible scenarios here. One of the first things that struck me was a homeinvasion gone really bad and the perp had to get rid of the 'evidence'; the boat/yacht theory can certainly fit with it, as well.

I took the liberty of posting those newspaper clippings from your links, just in case.
Thanks for putting the clippings on the thread.

Wonder if this has anything to do with potential serial killer Silas Boston? He killed one couple by hitting them on the head repeatedly. May have more victims around the Gulf of Mexico and Carribbean during the 70s...
A British couple hitching on a yacht that turned into a tale of horror | Daily Mail Online
You got my wheels turning!!

Here is another yacht couple that were killed on 1974

And the Sea Will Tell - Wikipedia

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/lifestyle/people/sdut-murder-trial-bugliosi-graham-sailboat-palmyra-fbi-2014apr18-story,amp.html

MYSTERY ON PACIFIC ATOLL LEADS TO MURDER CHARGE

Last edited:
This is from 1977 but fits into people missing and boats and yachts being hijacked . The article mentions more boats with the same fate.

Piracy on the Low Seas

The Pirate's Lady left New Orleans in late January —another American yacht preparing for a routine Caribbean pleasure cruise. There were two crewmen aboard, both experienced and known to he reliable. They were taking the Lady to south Florida, where it would pick up the owner, New Orleans businessman Charles Slater, and then proceed to the islands. The yacht refueled at Apalachicola, a tough fishing town on the Florida panhandie, before embarking on the easy eight‐hour run to Clearwater. No one has seen it since. A Coast Guard search of the upper Gulf, during a period of high visibility, turned up no life rafts no floating debris, no flares or other signals of distress, nothing the active search has been suspended, though Charles Slater continues trying to track down his missing boat. Three months earlier, the Flying Dutchman, a 57‐fool pleasure yacht with four Alabamians aboard, also disappeared out of Apalachicola.

Also mentions they were Vacationing there, makes me wonder if they lived up north hence the clothing found on the UID being from up North.

They were from Canada, DoeNetwork lists Ontario Provincial Police as the case workers, so absolutely from the north! It also said that McGregor was reported missing after "a considerable time", so his missing date perhaps isn't that accurate?

I did find him on DoeNetwork, though, and it mentions that he had dentures. Unfortunately, NamUs no longer lists these identifiers..

The Doe Network: Case File 4303DMFL

DMacgregor.jpg

Donald Alexander MacGregor
Missing since May 7, 1973 from Miami, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: October 12, 1928
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 44 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 169 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Short brown hair; brown eyes. Thin build.
    • Marks, Scars: Scar on the bridge of nose.
    • Dentals: Dentures.

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 7 May 1973 Donald MacGregor and his wife were vacationing in Miami Florida.

Donald left for Panama City for business on the 7 May 1973 and was suppose to be in Panama City for about 6 weeks.

Donald was reported missing after a considerable time had passed and no one had heard from him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back