NJ NJ - Jersey City, WhtFem 49-69, UP1494, under Chapel Hill Bridge, clothes, jewelry, boots, Dec'91

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
NamUs UP 1494

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/1494

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)

Found December 20, 1991 in Hudson County, NJ
Body Condition: Not recognizable-partial skeletal parts only

Probable year of death: 1990 to 1991

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 49-69
Approximate Height: 64 estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown

Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks:
Scars of partuition - possible childbearing. Full body x-rays available.

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
Light blue shirt with the word "Oakton". Light blue T-shirt with the words "Thousand Island". Yellow T-shirt with a logo and an eagle. Brown socks.

Jewerly:
Ring: yellow metal. Bracelet: copper with a white metal "ball-shaped" ornament with loops - design engraved in ornament.

Footwear:
Brown shoes "ankle high" - size 10.

Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA:
Sample in not available

Case History:
Found under Chapel Hill Bridge in Jersey City, NJ.

This is an odd one because there is no such thing as "chapel hill bridge" in Jersey City. The only two references I can find to such a location are the entries for this case. Because the deceased was wearing three shirts I'm going to guess she was homeless and possibly spending time under a bridge. It is odd that no pants/skirt were listed so I wonder if the poor woman was the victim of a crime.

woah- just read NAMUS and her head and hands are missing. The time of death was estimated to have been within the year.

edited again: but if her head is missing how can dental charting have been added? I think there are some mistakes with this entry.

Another link from the NJ State Police - no new information, though.

As for the bridge, the closest thing I can see to a "Chapel Hill Bridge" in Jersey City is a small bridge at the end of Chapel Avenue in Jersey City, which can be seen here.

I think you are probably right, she was found under a bridge or overpass off Chapel Avenue. I don't think it was the small bridge that goes into what is now "Pointe Liberte"- it was all army base/industrial then. Perhaps it was either the bridge under an overpass or over the railroad tracks. I guess it doesn't really matter, there aren't a lot of clues to be found there, especially with this much time passing.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.694...4!1sjiQ_KLXMKJtF4Or-zQ4m-w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

or

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.693...4!1s4F_RJP6pgr2WmIH0pJgpYw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I guess I was hoping to be able try and figure out the probability of her having been homeless or a resident or of her being dumped there from some other place/city. The industrial end of that street before the gated community was built was extremely desolate, especially at night. I used to run out there during the day as recently as 2005 and it was definitely a good spot to dump things of all kinds as long as you weren't right near the military-owned section (which had cameras of course)

Hudson County​

If you have any information about cases or the identification of individuals, please contact: The New Jersey State Police at 1-800-709-7090​

Unidentified Deceased Female​

Case Information​

The victims skeletal remains were found on December 20, 1991 under the Chapel Hill Bridge in Jersey City, Hudson County, NJ.
NIC #CASE #
U90169125891-56OH
Date Body FoundEstimated Date of Death
December 20, 1991January 1, 1990

Biological Profile​

Estimated Year of Birth
1921 - 1941​
Sex
Female​
Race
Unknown​
Height
5'02" - 5'06"​
Weight
Unknown​
Hair
Unknown​
Eyes
Unknown​
Scars, Marks and TattoosThe victim had scars of parturition which represents evidence of childbearing.
CLOTHING
The victim's clothing includes a light blue shirt with the word "Oakton" on it, a light blue T-Shirt with the words "Thousand Island" on it, a yellow T-Shirt with a logo and an eagle on it, brown socks, and brown shoes "ankle high" in a size 10.​
JEWELRY
The victim was wearing a gold ring, copper bracelet, and a small "bell-shaped" silver ornament with loops.​
MISC.
Full x-rays and dental records are available for comparison.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail