783 users online (153 members and 630 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1070
  1. #946
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    City of Churches
    Posts
    6,196
    The Herald Sun has chosen not to reveal the nature of the conflict Mr Rickard alleges has plagued the family. But an aunt of Mr Rickard has backed his story, saying both her and an ex-partner have also spoken with detectives

    In the past three months, he’s lost 15kg and his relationship

    The conversation at his kitchen table, he says, was the first time he has spoken to authorities about his secret past.

    An aunt, Melinda Dawes, says she was contacted by detectives on Wednesday night. “I told detectives then it’s (the conflict claim) not something that’s just come out in the last couple of weeks, it’s something we’ve known about for a long time,” Ms Dawes says
    .

    She says her nephew confided in her a decade ago

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...4c0a6ee67f533f


  2. #947
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Amee View Post
    The Herald Sun has chosen not to reveal the nature of the conflict Mr Rickard alleges has plagued the family. But an aunt of Mr Rickard has backed his story, saying both her and an ex-partner have also spoken with detectives

    In the past three months, he’s lost 15kg and his relationship

    The conversation at his kitchen table, he says, was the first time he has spoken to authorities about his secret past.

    An aunt, Melinda Dawes, says she was contacted by detectives on Wednesday night. “I told detectives then it’s (the conflict claim) not something that’s just come out in the last couple of weeks, it’s something we’ve known about for a long time,” Ms Dawes says
    .

    She says her nephew confided in her a decade ago

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...4c0a6ee67f533f

    Further to that

    Until this week, investigators had been presented with a number of theories about Mrs Ristevski.
    Mr Rickard’s story may not provide the answer they are looking for.
    But police appear to be listening when he insists “none of it is as it seems”.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...4c0a6ee67f533f

  3. #948
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Amee View Post
    The Herald Sun has chosen not to reveal the nature of the conflict Mr Rickard alleges has plagued the family. But an aunt of Mr Rickard has backed his story, saying both her and an ex-partner have also spoken with detectives

    In the past three months, he’s lost 15kg and his relationship

    The conversation at his kitchen table, he says, was the first time he has spoken to authorities about his secret past.

    An aunt, Melinda Dawes, says she was contacted by detectives on Wednesday night. “I told detectives then it’s (the conflict claim) not something that’s just come out in the last couple of weeks, it’s something we’ve known about for a long time,” Ms Dawes says
    .


    She says her nephew confided in her a decade ago

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...4c0a6ee67f533f

    BBM, So what was done about it a decade ago by this relative? Did she let BR know? And what did he do about it? Did she confront about the then teenager's allegation? If not why not?
    And why would AR move back in on BR, KR & SR's life if what he claims is true? Did he kill KR because of it because AR did state he would of liked to kill KR, but wouldn't. Ok whatever!
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

  4. #949
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    BBM, So what was done about it a decade ago by this relative? Did she let BR know? And what did he do about it? Did she confront about the then teenager's allegation? If not why not?
    And why would AR move back in on BR, KR & SR's life if what he claims is true? Did he kill KR because of it because AR did state he would of liked to kill KR, but wouldn't. Ok whatever!
    Good point Karinna, what did ARs aunt do about it? Did she try to encourage AR to go to the Police and make a complaint? If not why not? After all under the law it is a criminal offence. No sorry I think these allegations by AR hold as much water as a colander. IMO

  5. #950
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair snoop View Post
    Good point Karinna, what did ARs aunt do about it? Did she try to encourage AR to go to the Police and make a complaint? If not why not? After all under the law it is a criminal offence. No sorry I think these allegations by AR hold as much water as a colander. IMO
    Exactly Armchair snoop. Can you imagine if one of our teenage kids came to us with that info. I sure know what i would be doing, and i certainly would be taking action, as i think most of us would.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

  6. #951
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair snoop View Post
    Good point Karinna, what did ARs aunt do about it? Did she try to encourage AR to go to the Police and make a complaint? If not why not? After all under the law it is a criminal offence. No sorry I think these allegations by AR hold as much water as a colander. IMO
    Yes a 'conflict claim' does not seem to imply the seriousness of what is being alleged...imo

  7. #952
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Puggle View Post
    Theres a big distance between keilor Road shops and Moonee Ponds...

    Who ever hand wrote those flyers......and managed to have them posted in those areas.....wanted to help...
    Not a huge distance. Here's the route I walked from Avondale Heights to city and back 10 days after she disappeared (via both Keilor Road and Moonee Ponds) in the search for her bag or coat. There were maybe 6 posters on that whole route, 2 on Keilor Road, two in Moonee ponds and 2 on the path near Buckley street. Almost 20km including the entire tram route from Niddrie to Flemington. Nothing at a tram stop, bus station, train station. It was weird and very distressing that no one cared she was gone. If only I knew then what I know now. I literally couldn't sleep.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wonky1; 03-21-2017 at 03:22 AM.
    The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last - Willy Wonka

  8. #953
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    Exactly Armchair snoop. Can you imagine if one of our teenage kids came to us with that info. I sure know what i would be doing, and i certainly would be taking action, as i think most of us would.
    A decade ago AR would have been in his early twenties. I can understand the aunt allowing AR to make the decision whether to report the matter or not. Especially if he was vague about the details.

  9. #954
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    223
    I want to come back and see some arrests please!
    I know nothing - just throwing ideas around

  10. #955
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by JLZ View Post
    Under common law, the dead cannot be defamed.

    Some stuff on defamation law here if you're interested: https://www.thenewsmanual.net/Manual..._69.htm#member

    BBM (from your link)

    ".... which traditionally defines defamation as:

    The publication of any false imputation concerning a person, or a member of his family, whether living or dead, by which (a) the reputation of that person is likely to be injured or (b) he is likely to be injured in his profession or trade or (c) other persons are likely to be induced to shun, avoid, ridicule or despise him.
    ........

    There is, however, provision for the relatives of a dead person to sue for defamation on their own behalf if they are defamed by what you say about their dead relative."
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra


  11. #956
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    BBM, So what was done about it a decade ago by this relative? Did she let BR know? And what did he do about it? Did she confront about the then teenager's allegation? If not why not?
    And why would AR move back in on BR, KR & SR's life if what he claims is true? Did he kill KR because of it because AR did state he would of liked to kill KR, but wouldn't. Ok whatever!
    Touche.

  12. #957
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    BBM, So what was done about it a decade ago by this relative? Did she let BR know? And what did he do about it? Did she confront about the then teenager's allegation? If not why not?
    And why would AR move back in on BR, KR & SR's life if what he claims is true? Did he kill KR because of it because AR did state he would of liked to kill KR, but wouldn't. Ok whatever!
    Any way you look at it, it is extremely distasteful to smear the name of a person who is no longer around to speak her piece. Particularly when Karen was obviously murdered, and discarded in such a fashion. And particularly when the allegations could have been brought to the attention of the correct authorities many years ago, or even relatively recently, when Ant was an adult and Karen was alive.

    MSM should be ashamed of themselves for giving a voice to these indefensible allegations.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

  13. #958
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    BBM (from your link)

    ".... which traditionally defines defamation as:

    The publication of any false imputation concerning a person, or a member of his family, whether living or dead, by which (a) the reputation of that person is likely to be injured or (b) he is likely to be injured in his profession or trade or (c) other persons are likely to be induced to shun, avoid, ridicule or despise him.
    ........

    There is, however, provision for the relatives of a dead person to sue for defamation on their own behalf if they are defamed by what you say about their dead relative."
    Can sue on their own account for the indirect damage to their own reputation. Presumably BR could sue AR or associated publications for what AR says about BR. That seems a bit tasteless somehow, a father suing his addict son. After that, not sure BR has any reputation left to be injured indirectly. Still seems tasteless, with his wife murdered, son a mess, for him to be fussing about indirect reputational damage. Sorry, I'm having trouble expressing myself.

  14. #959
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9,333
    I am not talking about suing his son. I am talking about shutting the media up. The link you provided also goes on to say that repeating someone else's words is no defence.

    If Karen's family gave half a crap about her reputation, they would be doing something about it. But, as I said before, it may help Borce's cause.

    Tasteless is allowing this to go on, and on, and on.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

  15. #960
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    I am not talking about suing his son. I am talking about shutting the media up. The link you provided also goes on to say that repeating someone else's words is no defence.

    If Karen's family gave half a crap about her reputation, they would be doing something about it. But, as I said before, it may help Borce's cause.

    Tasteless is allowing this to go on, and on, and on.
    I thought MSM had been fairly careful about what they repeated. However, they did make AR's existence widely known so the public could look him up for themselves. I'm conscious of some hypocrisy in joining the deploring of that.

    As I think I've said before, it's odd that BR hasn't simply denied the allegation against Karen. "Karen's not here to defend herself" is weak.

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #8
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1110
    Last Post: 03-06-2017, 10:13 AM
  2. Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #7
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1041
    Last Post: 02-25-2017, 10:11 AM
  3. Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #5
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1023
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 12:52 AM
  4. Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #4
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1091
    Last Post: 08-30-2016, 01:46 AM
  5. Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #1
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 922
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 09:03 AM

Tags for this Thread