1134 users online (231 members and 903 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Prosecutors Suspect 'Riverwalk Rapist' Has More Victims

An accused rapist was in court Monday, and investigators believe he may have committed several other attacks on top of the ones for which he's already been charged.

Consequently, detectives are issuing another plea for potential victims to come forward, WLKY NewsChannel 32 reported Monday.

Marcus McStoots is charged with raping two women. For years, police dubbed him the Riverwalk Rapist, and they said their investigation is still ongoing. Their belief comes from remarks made by the suspect himself.

"Some of the statements made by the defendant lead us to believe it's a good idea to keep this investigation open," prosecutor John Heck said.

Investigators said McStoots raped a woman in 2000 and another in 2003 along Louisville's Riverwalk. Detectives had a composite sketch and DNA evidence, but weren't able to make an arrest until only recently.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    'River Walk Rapist' Pleads Guilty

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A man who became known as The River Walk Rapist was due in court for a pre-trial hearing Wednesday, but plead guilty instead.

Marcus McStoots changed his plea after he was found competent to stand trial. McStoots was charged with attacking a woman and a teenager along the riverfront.

One of the rapes occurred in October 2000, the other in August 2003. The 2003 attack involved a 14-year-old girl.

Hmmm... this is in my town and I just checked one of the news sites and it didn't have anything about this. Glad the F*er plead guilty! Now rot in h*ll big guy!