Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Burt's Bees

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    552

    Burt's Bees

    I have many more bath and body items than what are listed below -- I just needed to get started somewhere lol. I closed my store on eBay, and I'm selling off my remaining inventory.

    The number in front of each item is the quantity I have left as of this post. These items make up great little gift bags -- or some treats for yourself Let me know if you need some gift bags -- I have an assortment of them, and I'm happy to put some in your package at no charge.

    Also, if you're an eBay seller or other online retailer, please don't hesitate to contact me.

    Please feel free to PM me or to email me at tired.old.hag@gmail.com

    Thanks,

    TOH



    BURT'S BEES http://www.burtsbees.com

    Full Sizes, $1.00 ea:

    1 - Beeswax Lip Balm, Tube

    1 - Lemon Lime Lip Gloss, 0.25 oz, Glass Jar w/Screw-on Lid


    Travel Sizes, $0.75 ea:

    4 - Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion, 1.0 oz Bottle w/Screw-on Lid

    2 - Milk and Honey Body Lotion, 1.0 oz Bottle w/Screw-on Lid


    3 - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, 0.25 oz, Glass Jar w/Screw-on Lid


    14 - Coconut Foot Creme, 0.56 oz Plastic Tube w/Screw-on Lid


    1 - Res-q Ointment, 0.30 oz Green Tin

    3 - Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme, 0.30 oz Yellow Tin

    4 - Hand Salve, 0.30 oz, Silver & Yellow Tin


    3 - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap, 0.80 oz Wrapped Bar

    3 - Garden Carrot Complexion Soap, 0.80 oz Wrapped Bar

    3 - Carrot Nutritive Day Creme, 0.25 oz Glass Jar w/Screw-on Lid

    3 - Wild Lettuce Complexion Soap, 0.80 oz Wrapped Bar

    3 - Wild Lettuce Toner, 1.0 oz Bottle w/Screw-on Lid


    1 - Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap, 0.80 oz Wrapped Bar

    4 - Baby Bee Dusting Powder, 0.40 oz Recloseable Shaker


    I also have the following. $0.25 ea:

    Pore Refining Mask, Trial Size Foil Packets
    Marshmallow Vanishing Creme, Trial Size Foil Packets
    Blister Pack sample cards of one of the makeup products
    Burt's Bees Hand Care Booklets
    Burt's Bees Facial Care Booklets


    Free with your purchase (while I still have them):

    Baby Bee Yellow Bee Combs
    Burt's Bees Gift Bags. I have 3 different sizes of the paper bags with handles, and a variety of the vinyl bags from very small to large.
    Last edited by tired.old.hag; 12-06-2005 at 10:57 AM.

    The above are my understanding, thoughts, and opinions. I don't expect you to agree with or like them. If they annoy you, please read my signature.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    552
    Travel sizes reduced to two for a dollar!


    Also these items are reduced to 10 cents each:

    Pore Refining Mask, Trial Size Foil Packets
    Marshmallow Vanishing Creme, Trial Size Foil Packets
    Blister Pack sample cards of one of the makeup products

    Also Pick one of these free with your package (while they last):
    Burt's Bees Hand Care Booklets
    Burt's Bees Facial Care Booklets

    The above are my understanding, thoughts, and opinions. I don't expect you to agree with or like them. If they annoy you, please read my signature.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    277
    I love the Burt's Bees stuff. How much is postage to Canada? Thanks


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    552
    Hi, Luann Postage to Canada depends on what all you get because of the weight and size, and whether I can your items in one of the Global Priority envelopes.

    Do you want to send me a list of what you'd like, and I'll get the weight and cost?

    Thanks!
    TOH

    The above are my understanding, thoughts, and opinions. I don't expect you to agree with or like them. If they annoy you, please read my signature.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,867
    Hi TOH,

    I'd be interested in the lip balm. I LOVE that stuff! Can you tell me how many you have left? Also, how do I go about paying you? I don't buy from EBay.

    Thanks,

    Jules


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    552
    Hi, Jules. I'm so sorry, but everything's gone. I got a bunch of PMs and emails yesterday, and everything sold out.

    I used to swear by Burt's lip balm - used it for years. About a year ago though, I switched to EcoLips, which is all organic. You might want to give that a try too.

    http://www.ecolips.com/Products.aspx

    They're having a close-out on Berry lip balms right now. $5 for 5 lip balms, so it's a great time to try them. Also scroll all the way down and pick yourself up one of the lip balm tube clips -- the Eco Keyring is only $1 and works on all lip balms. Best invention ever lol. Plus if you send back the 5 tubes when they're empty, they'll send you a free tube. And they have free shipping on all orders right now.



    This store has the best deal I've found on Burt's lip balm, also the other items I listed:

    http://www.medi-spastore.com/burts_bees_492_ctg.htm

    Beeswax Lip Balm (Tube) 0.15 oz. $1.95

    Beeswax Lip Balm (Tin) 0.3 oz. $1.95

    Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment 0.6 oz. $3.95

    Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream 0.6 oz. $2.95

    Raspberry Lip Gloss 0.25 oz. by Burts Bees $1.93


    Plus, they have a coupon code right now (skin15) for 15% off. They always have Free Shipping on $25 or more, $2.50 shipping on less than $25. You can stock up on lip balms so you get the free shipping lol. They let you order up to 12 of an item at a time.

    Hope this helps!

    The above are my understanding, thoughts, and opinions. I don't expect you to agree with or like them. If they annoy you, please read my signature.


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to tired.old.hag For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne
    I love the Burt's Bees stuff. How much is postage to Canada? Thanks
    Luanne, I'm sorry. I didn't hear back from you, and everything sold out. If I come across any more Burt's as I go through the rest of these goodies, I'll be sure to let you know first.

    Thanks!
    TOH

    The above are my understanding, thoughts, and opinions. I don't expect you to agree with or like them. If they annoy you, please read my signature.


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,919
    [QUOTE=tired.old.hag]Hi, Jules. I'm so sorry, but everything's gone. I got a bunch of PMs and emails yesterday, and everything sold out.

    I used to swear by Burt's lip balm - used it for years. About a year ago though, I switched to EcoLips, which is all organic. You might want to give that a try too.

    http://www.ecolips.com/Products.aspxQUOTE]

    How is their lotions? I have really dry skin in the winter, i have never heard of them....thanks...duh, ecolips, right, they probably dont sell lotions...


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    552
    I don't think they do lotions -- just the lip balm -- but I haven't checked their whole site in a while.

    Once my current supply of lotions and potions runs out, I want to go organic completely and make my own stuff. It's my New Year resolution lol. My skin is so dry and painful, it's ridiculous to keep going through this. Organic will keep my skin from getting irritated, and I've promised myself to be religious about keeping my skin well protected.

    I've used pure shea butter, and it's wonderful. But hard lol. Like wax. So I want to mix it with some other stuff - aloe vera, vitamin E, and some other oil but I haven't decided which one yet. Need to do more research to see which is the most emollient.

    The above are my understanding, thoughts, and opinions. I don't expect you to agree with or like them. If they annoy you, please read my signature.


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,807
    For those with dry skin. Have you ever tried oatmeal? Run a bath, throw in a couple of handfuls of instant oatmeal and soak. I then put on some oil after the bath, and have found it makes a really big difference in my skin.
    Makes a mess of the tub though.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight


  12. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    I bought her out of anything that had carrot in it.

    I've been putting carrot oil on my feet, and on my eyelids. Also in my hair. This stuff is great, and very inexpensive!


  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    small town, VA
    Posts
    1,826
    [QUOTE=tired.old.hag]
    I have many more bath and body items than what are listed below -- I just needed to get started somewhere lol. I closed my store on eBay, and I'm selling off my remaining inventory
    I'm a little late here. Just saw this post. I thought you might like to know I got the idea for my name from Burt's Bees. I was originally beeswax, but sometimes people called me earwax, so I dropped the wax, hee hee.
    I noticed you have nothing left. Darn
    Beesy Was Here

    So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison



  14. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,743
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    For those with dry skin. Have you ever tried oatmeal? Run a bath, throw in a couple of handfuls of instant oatmeal and soak. I then put on some oil after the bath, and have found it makes a really big difference in my skin.
    Makes a mess of the tub though.
    Yeah! I make my own colloidal oatmeal! Just stick it in my juicer and grind it so it;s superfine. When you throw it in the tub it becomes one with the water. Very little if any mess!


  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    552
    Oatmeal is wonderful. I have an herb grinder I put mine in, then toss a few handfuls in the tub. When my dry skin is really bad I mix my liquid soap (very very mild) with the oatmeal powder in a cup and wash with that.

    Honey is great too. Put in bath water, rub it on your skin in the bath or shower, mix with a little warm water and rinse your hair with it (don't rinse it out). Plus you get to lick your fingers when you use it

    There's really no need to buy any body care products except soap. And if you look at the 'natural' products, what are the ingredients? Stuff like oatmeal, honey, cornstarch, rice flour, etc. Just more expensive.

    The only thing I was worried about was stuff going bad if I made everything myself, but my research is telling me that just about everything will last up to a week if you keep it refridgerated. So I'm hoping to buy organic ingredients in bulk by splitting it with others to cut the costs, and then just make up small batches for myself at a time as I need it.

    Right now it looks like all the organic ingredients I'll need are

    cornstarch, oatmeal, rosemary, rooibos, baking soda, Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, honey, epsom salts, shea butter, avocado butter, some kind of emollient oil, vitamin E oil, tea tree oil, lemon oil


    body powder: cornstarch, baking soda (sometimes)

    soap and shampoo: Dr. Bronner's

    body lotion/creme/butter: shea butter, some kind of emollient oil, vitamin E oil

    hair conditioner: honey, avocado butter (Once or twice a week for intensive conditioning), rosemary and rooibos (I have tons of these too. Gonna make 'hair tea' and use it as a rinse, with or without honey, for every day.)

    foot soak: rooibos and whatever other herbs I feel inclined to throw in, epsom salts, tea tree oil

    bath soak: oatmeal, rooibos and other herbs, plus whatever oil I get for my body cream

    lip balm: the shea butter above

    insect repellent: lemon oil

    cuticles: shea butter and vitamin e oil above

    nail polish: nothing - just gonna buff my nails with a chamois buffer

    makeup: giving it up completely, except for occasionally my Prescriptives concealer which I'm addicted to lol. And curling my eyelashes - they've always been so long they hit my glasses if I don't curl them and that makes me crazy.


    I will be so natural and pure, I just may spontaneously gain back my virginity

    The above are my understanding, thoughts, and opinions. I don't expect you to agree with or like them. If they annoy you, please read my signature.


  16. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,743
    Quote Originally Posted by tired.old.hag
    Oatmeal is wonderful. I have an herb grinder I put mine in, then toss a few handfuls in the tub. When my dry skin is really bad I mix my liquid soap (very very mild) with the oatmeal powder in a cup and wash with that.

    Honey is great too. Put in bath water, rub it on your skin in the bath or shower, mix with a little warm water and rinse your hair with it (don't rinse it out). Plus you get to lick your fingers when you use it

    There's really no need to buy any body care products except soap. And if you look at the 'natural' products, what are the ingredients? Stuff like oatmeal, honey, cornstarch, rice flour, etc. Just more expensive.

    The only thing I was worried about was stuff going bad if I made everything myself, but my research is telling me that just about everything will last up to a week if you keep it refridgerated. So I'm hoping to buy organic ingredients in bulk by splitting it with others to cut the costs, and then just make up small batches for myself at a time as I need it.

    Right now it looks like all the organic ingredients I'll need are

    cornstarch, oatmeal, rosemary, rooibos, baking soda, Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, honey, epsom salts, shea butter, avocado butter, some kind of emollient oil, vitamin E oil, tea tree oil, lemon oil


    body powder: cornstarch, baking soda (sometimes)

    soap and shampoo: Dr. Bronner's

    body lotion/creme/butter: shea butter, some kind of emollient oil, vitamin E oil

    hair conditioner: honey, avocado butter (Once or twice a week for intensive conditioning), rosemary and rooibos (I have tons of these too. Gonna make 'hair tea' and use it as a rinse, with or without honey, for every day.)

    foot soak: rooibos and whatever other herbs I feel inclined to throw in, epsom salts, tea tree oil

    bath soak: oatmeal, rooibos and other herbs, plus whatever oil I get for my body cream

    lip balm: the shea butter above

    insect repellent: lemon oil

    cuticles: shea butter and vitamin e oil above

    nail polish: nothing - just gonna buff my nails with a chamois buffer

    makeup: giving it up completely, except for occasionally my Prescriptives concealer which I'm addicted to lol. And curling my eyelashes - they've always been so long they hit my glasses if I don't curl them and that makes me crazy.


    I will be so natural and pure, I just may spontaneously gain back my virginity
    LOl virginity!

    You gotta try Almond Oil! It's awesome for everything, it's super light not heavy like other oils and doesn't clog pores. Works great on hair too as a leave in conditioner and shiner!


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •