Washington woman wants to find boy who left $5 and sad apology note on her door

margarita25

Reaction score
Washington woman wants to find boy who left $5 and sad apology note on her door
POSTED 12:47 PM, MARCH 6, 2017, BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE

"LAKEWOOD, Wash. -- A Washington state woman wants to find the young man who left a sorry note at her door with $5 in it.

The note read, "I am sorry that we stole your windchimes our mom died and liked butterflies so my sister took it and put it by our window I am sorry this is only money I have please do not be mad at us. -- Jake"

Chrissy Marie says she is not mad and wants to find Jake so she can return the $5."

attachment.php

http://kdvr.com/2017/03/06/woman-wants-to-find-boy-who-left-5-and-sad-apology-note-on-her-door/
*more at link

Attachments

• 17015740_1573878272625876_3733032440587868281_o.jpg
    17015740_1573878272625876_3733032440587868281_o.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 275
I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to find a boy named Jake who recently lost his mother. We're sleuthers, right?

I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to find a boy named Jake who recently lost his mother. We're sleuthers, right?
I don't think it would be too hard to sleuth, but I don't think we should since Jake AFAIK hasn't been named the suspect in a crime and his mother hasn't been named the victim of a crime. The letter doesn't say how she died.

JMO

ok but huge lump in my throat with this one. You too?

Sorry for you Jake (and your sister)... But someone taught you right. Your mom would probably be proud of how you handled this unfortunate situation, and she might even understand why.

ok but huge lump in my throat with this one. You too?

Sorry for you Jake (and your sister)... But someone taught you right. Your mom would probably be proud of how you handled this unfortunate situation, and she might even understand why.
yes, I had tears in my eyes as I read it. So touching.

I'd like to learn the identity of this sweetheart so maybe I could help him more than just wind chimes.
His mother obviously taught him love and RESPECT
And he heeded her advice.
What a GREAT mom, what a GREAT kid!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

This story is all over twitter this morning. It was published in USA Today.

Woman searching for boy who left $5, heartbreaking apology note

LAKEWOOD, Wash. — Christina Reitz is searching for Jake.
But the woman, who lives in this Seattle suburb of about 60,000 people southwest of Tacoma, Wash., doesn't know him. He left a note on her door Friday saying that he and his sister had stolen one of her wind chimes, she said.

""Well Jake, I'm not sure who you are but you can come get your money back sweetie. I had 3 of those windchimes," Marie wrote on Facebook.

Adding, she can give Jake and his sister a second wind chime "so both of you have your own."

Marie*told Q13 News*that she lost her mother at 5 years old and knows how difficult it is to lose a parent, especially*for a child.

She reiterated that she does not wish to embarrass or scare Jake away. She just wants to give him his money back."

http://kdvr.com/2017/03/06/woman-wants-to-find-boy-who-left-5-and-sad-apology-note-on-her-door/

Incredibly touching. This boy loved his sister and mother so much that he would do the right thing I am sure his mom would be proud her son loved his sister and wanted to be an honest young man.
Awesome person who wants him to have his own memory. This story certainly renews the spirit.

"Lakewood woman finds 'Jake' who left $5, sorry note for stolen wind chime"

"On Thursday, Jake's aunt posted in the Facebook group revealing that she knew him.

Reitz said she has been in contact with the family who wishes to remain anonymous right now.

'They are grieving and everything is overwhelming for them right now.'

She said that they plan to meet in person soon."
http://www.king5.com/news/local/lak...-5-sorry-note-for-stolen-wind-chime/419807412
:happydance:

Maybe if she gets to meet the boy, she should consider keeping it private. It's great if she wants to help him in some way, but it may be best for the child if his ID isn't shared.

"Lakewood woman finds 'Jake' who left $5, sorry note for stolen wind chime"

"On Thursday, Jake's aunt posted in the Facebook group revealing that she knew him.

Reitz said she has been in contact with the family who wishes to remain anonymous right now.

'They are grieving and everything is overwhelming for them right now.'

She said that they plan to meet in person soon."
http://www.king5.com/news/local/lak...-5-sorry-note-for-stolen-wind-chime/419807412
:happydance:

Awww...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member