1116 users online (156 members and 960 guests)  

Websleuths News

Investigators receive new lead in Haleigh Cummings

Action News Jax can tell you that during the initial investigation, one of the people who was questioned was a family member of Misty Croslin. That family member now lives near Nashville.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...case/500135222

Quote Originally Posted by avandongen View Post
    Action News Jax can tell you that during the initial investigation, one of the people who was questioned was a family member of Misty Croslin. That family member now lives near Nashville.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...case/500135222
    Such a shame that the tip was determined to not be credible. I wish this mystery could be solved. It seems solvable. I'm shocked that no one has talked given the shifting alliances.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My confession... I

I immediately thought of Joe Overstreet. Am I alone in being irritated that LE dismissed this tip so quickly? I would like to know if cadaver dogs would hit in the location. Maybe Haleigh was there at one time.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    I immediately thought of Joe Overstreet. Am I alone in being irritated that LE dismissed this tip so quickly? I would like to know if cadaver dogs would hit in the location. Maybe Haleigh was there at one time.

I agree with the thought of Joe Oversteet, especially seeing he lives near Nashville. ALso agree it was dismissed to darn quick and easy.

Hi guys,
    During the Haliegh Cummings case I was posting on another forum. When Misty and Ron got married ( puke) I just had to stop reading about them. So since then, I've been completely out of the loop.
    I see there is tons of posts-threads here about it but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a brief summary of the case from the wedding on to save me the hours of searching through posts. Like I said, I tried so hard at that time to ignore it because it was just so heartbreaking. I have caught bits and pieces though. So any information would be appreciated. ( I'm just asking for a few sentences to catch me up, I'm don't aspect someone to type every detail for me)
    How could those idiots keep a secret so long? I would've thought by now one of them would've talked? I guess they see it like -doing time for drugs is better then a murder charge? When are they going to be released? Like I said, I stopped following the case but have heard little bits on the news and radio.
    I never thought Ron was responsible and always thought that misty knows exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel1 View Post
    Hi guys,
    During the Haliegh Cummings case I was posting on another forum. When Misty and Ron got married ( puke) I just had to stop reading about them. So since then, I've been completely out of the loop.
    I see there is tons of posts-threads here about it but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a brief summary of the case from the wedding on to save me the hours of searching through posts. Like I said, I tried so hard at that time to ignore it because it was just so heartbreaking. I have caught bits and pieces though. So any information would be appreciated. ( I'm just asking for a few sentences to catch me up, I'm don't aspect someone to type every detail for me)
    How could those idiots keep a secret so long? I would've thought by now one of them would've talked? I guess they see it like -doing time for drugs is better then a murder charge? When are they going to be released? Like I said, I stopped following the case but have heard little bits on the news and radio.
    I never thought Ron was responsible and always thought that misty knows exactly what happened.
    Hi Rachel. I am doing a podcast series on the case. I started from the beginning. Here is a link to listen: https://audioboom.com/channel/thehaleighcummingsmystery You can subscribe if you have iTunes @ https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...y/id1200565928

Misty and Ron were arrested for dealing drugs in 2010 a year after Haleigh vanished. It was proven Ronald was NOT so innocent. He accepted a plea deal, where he got 15 years in exchange for cooperating and testifying against anyone charged in Haleigh's murder if there is ever future prosecution. He also gave a proffer, proffers are only given to people that have criminal liability. So we know that the SA office was looking at him as someone that knows more and someone that was involved in some level such as accomplice liability, or accessory after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post

I was told by the PCSO the tipster is someoneone with a history of mental issues. The tipster is a former resident of Putnam County, but now resides in Nashville. The tipster is not related to Misty or Joe. The tip was investigated.