WA WA - Pierce Co, Weyerhaeuser Public Hunting land, Fem 20-30, UP5665, clothes & left shoe, Dec'76

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: December 11, 1976
Location of Discovery: Pierce County, Washington
Estimated Date of Death: 4 months to 2 years prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Cause of Death: Unknown, no obvious signs of violence
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'6
Weight: Unknown, but with a slender build.
Hair Color: Auburn or dark brown, 14-17" in length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Dentals: Available. Tooth #1 enamel pearl, #18 has an occlusal amalgam, #19 MODFL amalgam, #31 distal drift, #30 extracted years prior. Compared to several missing persons with no match.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Fragments of clothing include a greenish-blue jacket, red or rust colored denim jeans, nylon panties, nylon stocking material, and the bottom of a tennis or boating left shoe (size 6 or 7) was found nearby.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

A pheasant hunter found the skeletal remains of the victim in heavy underbrush on Weyerhaeuser Public Hunting land east of McKenna. The victim was located a quarter-mile south of state Route 702 and two miles west of state Route 7.
On Jan. 11, 1977, the remains were placed in the Sheriff's property room. Two years and five days later, the skeleton was slated for destruction and was put in the Tacoma landfill.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Amber Midkiff
Agency Phone Number: 253-798-6494
Agency Name: Pierce County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 253-798-7516

Agency Case Number: LE: 76-20879; ME: 20-477
NCIC Case Number: U840023732
NamUs Case Number: UP #5665
Former Hot Case Number: 951
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/915ufwa.html

NamUs
The News Tribune Archive (12/2/96)
Seattle PI News Archive

How sad and unfortunate that the remains were put in a landfill. I've never heard of happening as opposed to cremation and/or burial.

In my browsings of Doe Network I've come across a handful of other cases like this. Frankly it seems to me utterly disrepectful of the fact that these are human remains. Although this case may be one of natural causes, others I've seen given this treatment were very likely murder. In those cases, where the victim has already been discarded like rubbish by the killer, it beggers belief that the police would then also discard their remains like rubbish.

I wonder if maybe those rule outs were not included maybe because either the persons were found or because these ruleouts were made over 40 years ago. I also wonder if they are some of Ted Bundys missing victims

Lots of agencies either don't update the exclusions, or don't make it public. I would be surprised if the remains weren't compared to known Bundy victims, but they wouldn't necessarily say that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back