1236 users online (216 members and 1020 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

AP: Casey Anthony Speaks in 1st Interview Since Daughter's Murder Case - 7 March 2017

Good Morning Websleuthers! its been awhile.

I would like to start a NEW Thread for this interview and I will ask the Mods to move the posts from this thread to the new one..

I have stayed away from this thread for a very long time..so much sleuthing and emotion was put into the forum all those years ago.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

She duct taped her face. No need for that if she is already dead. It was murder in the first degree. She wanted Tony and she couldn't get her mom to watch Caylee. She did what she had to do. In her mind, she owned Caylee and could do what she wanted to her.
    “The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

AP: Casey Anthony speaks about case

AP Exclusive: For 1st time, Casey Anthony speaks about case. TUESDAY MARCH 7, 2017

https://apnews.com/c36cea8e48364edeba200e6e666997a6

But discussing Caylee's last moments, the 30-year-old Anthony spoke in halting, sober tones: "I'm still not even certain as I stand here today about what happened," she said.

Her responses were at turns revealing, bizarre and often contradictory, and they ultimately raised more questions than answers about the case that has captivated the nation.

"There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Quote Originally Posted by jkly View Post
    LOL. Never.

Honestly, I don't think there's anything she could do that would ever convince me that she's sorry, or a good person.
    I wholeheartedly agree!!! This interview set my hair on fire this morning; disgusting...IMO, MOO

Quote Originally Posted by rpgman View Post
    She stated she sold the rights to her story for $25,000... I never knew that.

From the article...

'Among other things, she cited the bankruptcy case in which she has been embroiled since 2013: 'During the course of my bankruptcy, the rights to my story were purchased by a third party company for $25k to protect my interests.*

'Without written authorization from the controlling members of this company, I am prohibited from speaking publicly about my case at any time.'

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

above BBM in RED

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-antho...ory?id=1962675. JULY 2013

Casey Anthony's Friend Will Provide $25K Settlement

Casey Anthony has agreed to pay $25,000 to settle a dispute over the rights to her life story and an attorney involved in the case said Anthony is borrowing the money from a friend.
    In March, Watkins filed a motion asking for a Florida judge's permission to sell "the exclusive worldwide rights in perpetuity to the commercialization of Anthony's life story."

The "life story" includes her version and thoughts on her "childhood, the disappearance and death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony, her subsequent arrest, incarceration, trial, acquittal and withdrawal from society."

The rights would have included those to movies, documentaries, live stage performances, internet articles, merchandise and social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    above BBM in RED

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-antho...ory?id=1962675. JULY 2013

Casey Anthony's Friend Will Provide $25K Settlement

Casey Anthony has agreed to pay $25,000 to settle a dispute over the rights to her life story and an attorney involved in the case said Anthony is borrowing the money from a friend.
    In March, Watkins filed a motion asking for a Florida judge's permission to sell "the exclusive worldwide rights in perpetuity to the commercialization of Anthony's life story."

The "life story" includes her version and thoughts on her "childhood, the disappearance and death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony, her subsequent arrest, incarceration, trial, acquittal and withdrawal from society."

The rights would have included those to movies, documentaries, live stage performances, internet articles, merchandise and social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
    Wow I totally missed that...so are they saying she still retains the rights to her story? I'm kinda lost....she borrowed 25k to retain her rights to her story or was it to sell her story?

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    Good Morning Websleuthers! its been awhile.

I would like to start a NEW Thread for this interview and I will ask the Mods to move the posts from this thread to the new one..

I have stayed away from this thread for a very long time..so much sleuthing and emotion was put into the forum all those years ago.
    Hey Intermezzo. Welcome back.

I opened Twitter and saw her trending. BLECH. She is still lying, still blaming George, still changing her story, and still sounds the same. Hi Intermezzo! Long time no see!!!
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I opened Twitter and saw her trending. BLECH. She is still lying, still blaming George, still changing her story, and still sounds the same. Hi Intermezzo! Long time no see!!!
    Hi Strawberry
    Yes, its been a while.

My double shot espresso was not enough this morning after my ears were assaulted by what I witnessed on The Today Show with CA and her AP interview.
    So, was she paid for the photos?

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

"she enjoys taking pictures - mostly of squirrels..."

we're still being played here.

my god my heart rate just shot through the roof

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by rpgman View Post
    Wow I totally missed that...so are they saying she still retains the rights to her story? I'm kinda lost....she borrowed 25k to retain her rights to her story or was it to sell her story?

Who knows? She's a huge liar.

Well, I'm happy. She just lost any chance of a book deal. She said she didn't know what happened. End of her sorry-ass story.
    “The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

Quote Originally Posted by jkly View Post
    Who knows? She's a huge liar.
    no argument from me on that....

Pardon me while I

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast