CT - Sandy Hook School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Please continue the discussion here:

At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary school

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...-connecticut-elementary-school/#ixzz2F3id8S00

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 [URL="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8797120#post8797120]Thread #10[/url]
Thread #11

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Of...own-Victims-in-School-Massacre-183652041.html
Officials Release Names of Newtown Victims in School Massacre

Children:
Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeleine F. Hsu, 6
Catherine V. Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Aveille Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison N. Wyatt, 6
Adults:
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Rachel Davino, 29
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27
Nancy Lanza

What gets us into trouble is not what we don' t know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.- Mark Twain

The article is from May 2012. Sandy Hook was 7 months later in December 2012. How could they be related? This is crazy!

Truther theory?! I sure get tired of being linked to any group when in fact I come to my own conclusions through my own research and observations. But that is a famous tactic designed to discredit and villianize.

You may wish to look up the definition of median
It means situated in the middle. Connecticut ranks forth in the nation for median income. The average Connecticut income is $67,500 .

You know, when I see it written out I can see how I may have been overreaching with what I thought was questionable details. I apologize if I upset anyone.

http://gis.vgsi.com/newtownct/Parcel.aspx?Pid=9094 Gene Rosen appears to have gotten his house for free. At what point does circumstantial evidence become overwhelming?

Merlgerl, I appreciate that you weren't trying to upset anyone, and I think it shows a lot of decency on your part that you apologise for overreaching with your questions. In future, whenever you see some unusual claim being made on a conspiracy website, the first thing you should do is try to debunk it. That doesn't mean that you become gullible - in fact, it is the polar opposite. :) It means that you approach it with a cool head and look into it and see what your research tells you. Often, ten minutes with Google is enough to dismiss most of these claims.

For instance, the claim that Gene Rosen was given his house for free. When you look into that, you find that everybody in Newtown who bought their house before a certain date (some time in 2009) has their house price recorded as $0 in the current records, with a sale date of 12/25/2009. This is the way that house sales are recorded all across America. Different states have different cut-off dates, and some of them record the sale price as $10 or $100 or various small token amounts, but the principle is the same everywhere. The actual price doesn't have to be recorded if the sale was more than a few years ago.

If you want to test this for yourself (and you should! That is the point I'm making :)), here is the government website where all Newtown house prices are listed. Try entering addresses at random, and you will find that every house sold before Christmas Day 2009 is given a sale price of $0. http://gis.vgsi.com/newtownct/

Interestingly, Wolfgang Halbig (the ringleader of Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists) is listed as having paid $10 for his house, for exactly the same reasons! There is nothing sinister about it at all - it is just the way historical house purchases are recorded in the US. You can find a full explanation of everything that I'm saying here - https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-sandy-hook-residents-got-their-houses-for-free.t3198/
To find all of this out, all I did was type "Gene Rosen house free" into Google, and that information came up on the first page. :) Then I did my own legwork and double-checked it myself, and it all checked out.

I hope this doesn't come across as too harsh, Merlgerl, because I really do appreciate that you apologised for some of the logical stretches that you made (which is really commendable) and you are only interested in pursuing the truth. The thing is, pursuing the truth means that you take surprising claims and you say, "Okay, what is the underlying explanation behind this?" Then you do a bit of research (which has never been easier than in our day and age), and you often find that they are based on very simplistic misunderstandings.

First of all I checked the site as well and your claim doesn't hold up. Sandra and Jeffrey Previdi have an earlier entry of 2004 with a price and then a 12/25/2009 entry with a 0. The house was built in 1988. ItI've seen entries for the 1970s. Second as I repeatedly state I form my own opinion based on my own research and observation not by visiting Bigfoot marries alien sites.And I believe Wolfgang got his house for $10 he is not what he claims to be.

I'm not surprised that there are a few exceptions. The information in these databases is only entered by ordinary human beings sitting at keyboards in offices and you are sure to find a few inconsistencies. Still, I have been entering random addresses in that website and have yet to find one with a price listed for a pre-12/25/09 sale, which leads me to believe that this is indeed the normal practice in that jurisdiction. If rare exceptions cropped up, it would just make me think of someone new to the job who was diligently entering prices, before someone had a word with them and said, "Oh, by the way, you don't have to do that if it was before '09."

As far as prices being registered in the 1970s for a house that was built in 1988, the first possibility that comes to mind is that they were for the sale of the plot of land. People buy and sell plots of land with planning permission pretty frequently, just like houses. Some people even buy them as investments, keep them for a few years and then pass them on for a profit. Could this be what has happened in this case?

Well, for starters, death certificates are public information. Oh, wait, those were illegally and unconstitutionally withheld from the public.
I'm not being argumentative. Are you saying that the public cannot access the death certificates for this tragedy? Has that happened with other tragedies that death certificates were sealed or otherwise made unavailable? What governmental agency is responsible for that and what do they say about it?

Like I mentioned on the last thread, I know a couple bright intelligent people who don't believe this tragedy occurred so I'm more curious about it than other "conspiracy type theories." I don't understand all the resistance to this particular occurrence, though. If it was faked, why? What came about because of it?

I'm not being argumentative. Are you saying that the public cannot access the death certificates for this tragedy? Has that happened with other tragedies that death certificates were sealed or otherwise made unavailable? What governmental agency is responsible for that and what do they say about it?

Like I mentioned on the last thread, I know a couple bright intelligent people who don't believe this tragedy occurred so I'm more curious about it than other "conspiracy type theories." I don't understand all the resistance to this particular occurrence, though. If it was faked, why? What came about because of it?
City officials have refused to release them despite a long standing state law. Connecticut Freedom of Information Law allows public viewing of all records save birth certificates. And those who made the dcision to keep them private had no authority to do so.

The town clerk stated "city officials believe it is an extreme violation of privacy" See, "Newton officials withhold death certificates, Newstimes"

The town clerk stated "city officials believe it is an extreme violation of privacy" See, "Newton officials withhold death certificates, Newstimes"

Sandy Hook death certificates released.

Conspiracy theorists have a habit of not updating information after changes. This is just one example.

Edit: The Newton officials who rejected requests for the death certificates were well meaning but wrong.

And honestly I can see delaying or resisting release in this case considering the cruel harassment to which the families have been subjected.

I can't believe anyone is engaging in this nonsense. I live next door to Sandy Hook and have witnessed what these poor people have been forced to endure due to this conspiracy nonsense. It is pathetic and disrespectful. These victims were children and the pain is still raw for us Connecticut residents. And the town is Newtown, not Newton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't believe anyone is engaging in this nonsense. I live next door to Sandy Hook and have witnessed what these poor people have been forced to endure due to this conspiracy nonsense. It is pathetic and disrespectful. These victims were children and the pain is still raw for us Connecticut residents. And the town is Newtown, not Newton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was trying to keep an open mind because I know a couple people who buy into it who I know are smart so I was engaging to see if any legitimate information existed. So far, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member