MO MO - Jackson Co, WhtFem 35-50, UP5299, topaz ring "KI66" & T&C ring #1220, wallet with RMK , Apr'79

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified White Female

Date of Discovery: April 6, 1979
Location of Discovery: Jackson County, Missouri
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior to discovery
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 35-50 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Dentals: Not available. Upper and lower dentures.
Fingerprints: Available. RT: PM PM 10 18 20; LT: 12 55 52 55 16.
DNA: Unknown.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Bra (size 38), Miss Kay sweater, and a gold/brown Glennbrook blouse.
Jewelry: Gold ring with brown rectangle and topaz initials "KI66" and a Town and Country ring #1220.
Additional Personal Items: A tan wallet with the initials "RMK" inscribed was found near the body.
Case History

The victim was found in Jackson County, Missouri on April 6, 1979.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Missouri State Highway Patrol
Agency Contact Person: Clara Land
Agency Phone Number: 573-526-6178
Agency Fax Number: 573-526-5577
E-Mail 1
E-Mail 2
Agency Case Number: 0M046524
NCIC Case Number: U230004670
NamUs Case Number: UP #5299
Former Hot Case Number: 1749
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/882ufmo.html

NamUs

Her Namus: https://identifyus.org/cases/5299

The only discrepancy seems to be that Namus indicates "Dental information / charting is available and entered" but has no mention of dentures.

She's listed on the Missouri State Police Active Unidentified web page (https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/CJ51/SearchUnidentified), but there's no other information.

Jackson County includes Kansas City, but there's no indication whether she was in a city or rural area.

This is what I found for the Town & Country ring (definitely not a cheap ring!):
14KT Gold Ladies Diamond Ring

But -- was #1220 the same ring in 1979? You've linked a beautiful, and modern, ring.

Wish LE would show us pictures of the actual jewelry & engraving!

From the jeweler's website:

Towne and Country Jewelers has been serving the communities of central Massachusetts since 1977, providing designer jewelry sales and expert service. As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves in offering a combination of quality, creative merchandise and a caring, personal approach.

Towne & Country Jewelers - Westboro's Home for Fine Jewelry, Diamonds & Engagement Rings

Wonder if LE contacted them in 1979 -- with only a 2 year sales history, the store may have been able to identify the ring & the purchaser!

Massachusetts??? Okay, how did she get to KC? Did she travel, or just the ring?

Jewelry: Gold ring with brown rectangle and topaz initials "KI66" and a Town and Country ring #1220.
Additional Personal Items: A tan wallet with the initials "RMK" inscribed was found near the body.

Pictures would be wonderful in this case! The “initials”, as they’re describing them, don’t match up so I’m guessing the ring’s letters aren’t initials or the wallet didn’t belong to her. Or both. I quickly searched Charley Project for anyone missing with either set of initials and found no one.

If anyone comes across an email address for the agency I’ll be happy to shoot them an inquiry, see if we can get pictures or more info. Or if someone is comfortable calling them, that’d be great! Surely there’s something more they can provide us.

Maybe the ring wasn't hers? Maybe she got it from a family member or a partner? IIRC Princess Blue had a class ring that in the end wasn't really a helpful clue, she didn't go to the school it was from or anything?

But -- was #1220 the same ring in 1979? You've linked a beautiful, and modern, ring.

Wish LE would show us pictures of the actual jewelry & engraving!

From the jeweler's website:

Towne and Country Jewelers has been serving the communities of central Massachusetts since 1977, providing designer jewelry sales and expert service. As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves in offering a combination of quality, creative merchandise and a caring, personal approach.

Towne & Country Jewelers - Westboro's Home for Fine Jewelry, Diamonds & Engagement Rings

Wonder if LE contacted them in 1979 -- with only a 2 year sales history, the store may have been able to identify the ring & the purchaser!

Massachusetts??? Okay, how did she get to KC? Did she travel, or just the ring?

There was a Town and Country Jewelry Manufacturing that made rings and was active until dissolved in 1988. They were in Chelsea, MA. There are vintage rings for sale online made by this company. It is my guess that they were distributed beyond Massachusetts.... They marked the inside of their rings with T&C.

Last edited:
I found a MP whose stats match but details seem off. What do you all think?

Name: Dixie May Forrester
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 11, 1971
Location Last Seen: Springfield, Greene County, Missouri

Physical Description
Date of Birth: August 10, 1939
Race: White
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 112 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. She wore upper and lower dentures.
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dixie May Forrester dropped her daughter off for babysitting at a cousin's house in Springfield, Missouri. Later that evening, Dixie's vehicle was located abandoned near the intersection of Atlantic Street and Missouri Avenue in Springfield near her ex-husband's home. Dixie has not been seen since since.

The ex-husband was arrested in connection to her disappearance, but later released. He is now deceased.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Dixie May Forrester – The Charley Project
3457DFMO - Dixie May Forrester
Dixie May Forrester - Newspapers.com

this case frustrates me to no end. i was looking through rings. i think that the ki66 is not a jewellers mark but initials, most likely of the school if there are no others.

i'm thinking that it is a classring with a rectangle brown topaz, looking a bit like this:

K ----- I
| ...... |
| ...... |
6 ----- 6

Which brings me to the question, does anyone know any highschools / colleges that are shortened with KI? i could only find the kent island highschool in maryland.

Could that be

LX

instead?

Keokuk, Iowa
Kenilworth, Illinois

There's an amusement park in Ohio called King's Island.

Wish, wish, wishing for images....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back