Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Police still searching for 20-year-old Wichita woman last seen in KC
missing-woman.jpeg

Friends say she sent a text at 4:42 a.m. that said, “just got pulled over again.”

They add, “It’s extremely out of character for her to run off without letting her boyfriend or friends know where she’s going.”

http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/17/police-still-searching-for-20-year-old-wichita-woman-last-seen-in-kc/

Family desperate to find missing 20-year-old UMKC student

Liz Anderson will do anything to be reunited with her only daughter.

"It's so hard, such a beautiful, bright, young woman. I just want to find her." she said.

Friends say Anderson left work early Sunday morning from a local club and had planned to meet a friend at QuikTrip. She allegedly never showed up.

The last person to hear from Anderson was her best friend, Roxanne Townsend.

"Her house, her apartment on Grand is like twenty minutes from the club, so she would have been somewhere on I-70," said Townsend.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/...d-umkc-student

Missing Kansas City woman’s last text: ‘OMG just pulled over again’
text.jpg

"She's a great person, really nice. We're all worried sick for her," said Pete Sanchez, Anderson's boyfriend.

Sanchez says Toni works as a server at Chrome nightclub off of U.S. Highway 40, on Kansas City's East Side. On Sunday, she left work at 4:11 a.m., and was adamant about going to a gas station, according to WDAF. However, 30 minutes later, Toni's friend, Roxanne Townsend told the station she received a frightening text from Toni.

http://fox13now.com/2017/01/17/missing-kansas-city-womans-last-text-omg-just-pulled-over-again/

Parents issue plea for help to find missing UMKC student

Anderson's parents have learned from a friend that Toni was pulled over and let go in North Kansas City before stopping at the QuikTrip where she was last seen.

Toni's phone was still connected to the T-Mobile network until around 9:30 Sunday night before going dark.

Kansas City Police are investigating Toni's disappearance. Police are expected to subpoena Toni's phone records. Her car also has a GPS tracker. Family members hope that information could help find her.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/parents-issue-plea-for-help-to-find-missing-umkc-student/8609411

Case Map (Thank you Skibaboo)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Please continue here -

Kansas City police missing persons investigators say they are examining two possible theories of what might have happened to Toni Anderson.

The first — and most likely — theory is that she was involved in a traffic accident, and authorities have yet to find the location. Anderson worked late that night, and the inclement weather created icy roads. Investigators know that Anderson was driving in an unfamiliar area.

“Fatigue, bad weather lends itself to the possibility of a traffic accident, like running off the roadway,” said Sgt. Ben Caldwell, a supervisor with the Police Department’s missing persons, cold case section. “That is still probably our strongest possibility at this point.”

The second theory is that Anderson was the victim of foul play. Police will investigate that possibility until they learn otherwise, as is standard in missing persons probes.

“There is nothing to indicate that there was foul play, but we are treating it as if it was foul play until we learn something differently,” he said.

But the crash theory is the most logical and makes the most sense based on the evidence police have amassed so far, Caldwell said.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article136092253.html#storylink=cpy

I know some don't like the police corruption angle at all, and for me, it's just simply about the idea that I can't exclude it until there are explanations. I feel like I now have more questions for LE than I did before.

For example, this is now the first time we have heard that the officer followed Toni from the pump. This was not something we definitively knew before. I see people citing Occam's razor etc. But I'm just going to point to any number of police corruption cases. Did those individuals take a risk? People who think they can get away with it, take risks.

What is in it for the Officer that is so incredible that they're going to not only be willing to risk their lifelong career on it, including the possibility of their own personal safety (if the officer gets caught and goes to jail, let alone prison)?

Instead of asking me about why or citing occam's razor, maybe just ask Daniel Holtzclaw :

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/us/oklahoma-city-officer-daniel-holtzclaw-rape-sentencing/

I could go further, not sure we can discuss this here, but all I'm gonna say is that my mind doesn't exclude someone until I actually see something that excludes them. I was bothered by the idea that "vetting" was the reason for exclusion and not actual footage that proves his whereabouts at the time of the last ping. Saying someone drove the other direction at whatever time is distinctly different than accounting for their time one hour later. It's not high probability, but I don't think it's implausible. But after that video, I think it's more probable than I was thinking before. why? Because they took a baby step to try and point away from it, not just flat out prove it. I have questions like - did he call in the pullover? Simple question, right? But if he did that, certainly there'd be information about if he ran the plate etc. right?

So... if he didn't call it in, or run the plate. Doesn't that tell us that he likely knew her? At that point does the probability go up or down regarding LE corruption? I personally think if this officer knew her well enough that he didn't call in her plates as they usually do, then you start to ask more questions. In this case, we were actually initially told there was no pullover and that's not something we should forget.

So using occam's razor before you have gotten the simplest of details seems to be an abuse of the ole razor imo.

The officer in the video himself says that her GPS could have been unplugged at the gas station when she went inside to pay and her cell phone stopped working shortly after she left the gas station. So wouldn't that lend more credence to the possibility of foul play as opposed to an accident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I correct in thinking this is incredibly close to where Toni's place?

I have noticed that KC reporting is awfully vague compared to other cities imo. Unsure if it's the media not asking enough questions or the police not providing enough information. But either way, I just find it really hard to believe that noting the gender of the body and approximate age of the body would be all that hard to tell immediately in most cases. ie child, adult, middle-aged, senior etc. I can understand with a badly decomposed body where that's not possible, but you could just say even that -- "the body is decomposed to the point where gender/age are not able to be determined at this time"

Am I correct in thinking this is incredibly close to where Toni's place?

I have noticed that KC reporting is awfully vague compared to other cities imo. Unsure if it's the media not asking enough questions or the police not providing enough information. But either way, I just find it really hard to believe that noting the gender of the body and approximate age of the body would be all that hard to tell immediately in most cases. ie child, adult, middle-aged, senior etc. I can understand with a badly decomposed body where that's not possible, but you could just say even that right -- "the body is decomposed to the point where gender/age are not able to be determined at this time"
10 minutes, 4 miles from the Quick Trip on Burlington.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Its just west of downtown. IMO it is a pretty shady area. I did not like to go down there, even for gas.

10 minutes, 4 miles from the Quick Trip on Burlington.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Unless I have the wrong location for Toni's place, it's 5 mins away, just 1.2 miles.

The proximity to her home, is what has my attention, not proximity to that QT.

Saw a tweet that says :
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Woman's body found under 12th St bridge. Truck driver found her. Trying to find out if woman jumped[/FONT]

So that is just south of forrester and Beardsley. You can go into google street view and find that location we see in the picture on that report. So jumped or dropped or dumped? would be a question I have.

It's also convenient that the time of Toni's disappearance is in the wee hours. Probably most alibis are "I was sleeping" which makes it pretty hard to disprove..

Were we given any more info on the burning car? Or has that story dropped out of the news?

Insurance "GPS" keeps bugging me because it makes no sense that it would upload non-stop location data, like a commercial aircraft, so I checked FAQ on "Snapshot" model and found this:

"...and triggers an email to you if it comes unplugged."

That would explain the apparent certainty that it was disconnected at QT - an email would have given the time.

I don't don't know about you all, but that makes it pretty certain that the unit was unplugged while she was at QT.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Secret lover motive? Well of course the oldest motive in the book... passion, jealousy, anger, jilted, etc...

Insurance "GPS" keeps bugging me because it makes no sense that it would upload non-stop location data, like a commercial aircraft, so I checked FAQ on "Snapshot" model and found this:

That would explain the apparent certainty that it was disconnected at QT - an email would have given the time.

I don't don't know about you all, but that makes it pretty certain that the unit was unplugged while she was at QT.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Thank you for this information. We have also debated whether or not the tracker would have GPS. I think it would have to include GPS because if it is supposed to determine whether or not you were speeding, then it needs to know the speed limit of where you are. So I have always felt that the tracker would be able to note the specific location.

Max, do you think LE would be doing interviews if the CI angle was true?

[FONT="]

[/FONT]

It being unplugged while she was at the QT makes sense to me, too, because it could have been knocked loose while she was getting in or out, or if someone got into her car when no one was looking and unplugged it and then kidnapped her. Those are two plausible explanations for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail