TX TX - Yun Cha Dainiak, 23, Harker Heights, 24 Jan 1987

Always hard for me to see a missing person case with no photo :(
No photo yet, but I found a couple of records for Yun Cha that may be helpful in searching for her...

Yun Cha Ko Dainiak
Born: abt. 1963
Race: Other Asian or Pacific Islander or Unknown (Asian)
1982: Married Michael N. Dainiak (W/M) from Stratford, Connecticut (Certificate Number: 07462)
1984: Son born in Bell County, Texas
1986: Killeen, TX, 76548-2440
1986: Divorce Decree Date
Type of Decree: Husband
Plaintiff: Husband

Plaintiff Town of Residence: Ansonia, Connecticut
Custody of Children: Husband
Court Docket Number: 020068

Superior Court County of Decree: New Haven
Children Under Age 18: One

I will continue to search for a photo and any other information. From what I’ve found, it may be worth it to look outside of Texas...JMOO

ETA Sources: ancestry.com, classmates.com and texas unclaimed.org (database for unclaimed property/money in Texas)

Current list of exclusions per NamUs:
Exclusions:

UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP4076 04/01/1988 Galveston TX
UP8962 05/13/1998 Spartanburg SC
UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

I assume from MadMcGoo's post that her maiden name is Yun Cha Ko. There is one record in Ancestry under that name, a marriage in Reno, Nevada in September 1988 to Richard E Bell, giving state of residence for both as California. Unfortunately the record does not give DoB or age to check against the missing person. I do not know whether this is relevant and cannot find more information, but the name seems very rare in the USA.

I assume from MadMcGoo's post that her maiden name is Yun Cha Ko. There is one record in Ancestry under that name, a marriage in Reno, Nevada in September 1988 to Richard E Bell, giving state of residence for both as California. Unfortunately the record does not give DoB or age to check against the missing person. I do not know whether this is relevant and cannot find more information, but the name seems very rare in the USA.

Quite possible; though Namus lists only Yun Cha as given names.

Yun Cha [Ko] Dainiak has been suggested several times as the match to a UID found in 2000 in TX with a PMI of up to 17 years (the UID was wearing a t-shirt that appears to relate to the 1984 Olympics).
www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-falls-co-fem-skeletal-518uftx-20-40-wrapped-in-quilt-apr00.66995/page-3

Quite possible; though Namus lists only Yun Cha as given names.

Yun Cha [Ko] Dainiak has been suggested several times as the match to a UID found in 2000 in TX with a PMI of up to 17 years (the UID was wearing a t-shirt that appears to relate to the 1984 Olympics).
www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-falls-co-fem-skeletal-518uftx-20-40-wrapped-in-quilt-apr00.66995/page-3

I am now fairly confident on the full name as I have since found the Texas birth record for Jason Michael Dainiak (b 25/4/1984) to Michael Nikita Dainiak and Tun Cha Ko (on Ancestry). I assume the 'Tun' should be Yun and is a typo (supported by the 1986 Connecticut divorce record saying Yun), and I also assume this is one of the records which MadMcGoo found. Unfortunately I cannot find their marriage record despite Michael Daniak's subsequent 1992 marriage being on Ancestry in Connecticut. This makes me wonder if the marriage took place overseas and that Yun was born and raised outside the USA. Apparently Ko (spelt various ways in translation to the Roman alphabet) is a common Korean surname.

Rest assured close family of Ms Dainiak are periodically monitoring. Confirm the name is Yun (not Tun) and that she was born in Korea. The family member is aware that LE can arrange DNA testing so that any matches to Ms Dainiak can be identified.

Rest assured close family of Ms Dainiak are periodically monitoring. Confirm the name is Yun (not Tun) and that she was born in Korea. The family member is aware that LE can arrange DNA testing so that any matches to Ms Dainiak can be identified.

They should make a facebook page for her. The family does not have any photos either?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Updated NamUs profile.

A photograph of Yun has been provided by the Central Texas Crime Facebook page, a relative reached out to them and informed them that her height as reported on NamUs as 5' 0" is incorrect, and that she was 5’7” - 5’8”

TMkvrX8.png
9CPV8CI.png

Last edited:
Poor woman, jesus christ. I can't imagine how awful it would be to be the person who witnessed her being taken too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back