1083 users online (153 members and 930 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Kings Co. BlkMale 942UMNY, 17-23, dismembered remains, Jul'05

"Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag

*Doe Network lists this UID as White/Hispanic, NamUs lists "Unsure" for the race.

Unidentified White/Hispanic Male
    • The victim was discovered on July 26, 2005 in Brooklyn, New York City, Kings County, New York
    • Estimated Date of Death: July 25, 2005
    • Cause of Death: Homicidal violence of undetermined type
    • Mutilated: Skull and torso only - missing hands, legs and genitalia.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 17-23 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" - 6'0"; 130-200 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: No distinguishing marks on torso or skull.
    • Dentals: Not Available. No teeth on the upper jaw; lower jaw missing.
    • Clothing: None
    • Fingerprints: Not Available
    • DNA: Available

Case History
    On July 26, 2005, at approximately 9.15, a torso was discovered on a conveyor belt of a recycling plant in the confines of the 090 Precinct.
    On July 30, 2005, at approximately 15.30, a decomposed skull was found inside a black plastic bag at a public park located in the confines of the 081 Precinct. The skull had very little tissue on it and was missing the lower jaw. There were also no teeth on the upper jaw.The skull was later positively matched to the torso found on 07/26/2005 through DNA.The deceased has yet to be positively identified.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag

This is one of the cases LE is investigating Kauhuru Govan for. http://pix11.com/2017/02/24/first-on...serial-killer/

Here's a potential match to get things started:
    Adam Benjamin Lake went missing from Hilliard, Ohio on March 24, 2001 and is considered an endangered runaway. He would be a little taller (5'11"-6'0") but fits the other demographics fairly well. Authorities believe he left on his own accord and may have left Ohio. He is fluent in Spanish and suffers from Crohn's disease.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lake_adam.html

I went ahead and submitted Adam Lake as a potential match for 942UMNY to Doe Network. What made me really think that he might be a match is that the UID was found with no teeth in the upper jaw (lower jaw missing). Adam suffers from Chron's disease, which can cause oral health problems. If he was living as a runaway for four years he probably wasn't receiving good medical and dental care, which could have caused him to lose his teeth. When I submitted this match I received some strange and compelling info:

A Doe Network administrator looked at the records and found that they themselves had submitted him as a match in 2007. At the time he was reported as "located" so the match was not compared. Now 10 years later they see he is still in the system listed as "missing" and looked deeper. He was falsely reported as being recovered at the time of the submission in '07. So now he has been resubmitted as a potential match with both myself and the administrator named as the submitters!

This reminds me of the kind of thing you see with cold cases on the true crime shows!

if the decandent was only dead about a day that means the killer pried his lower jaw off and may have yanked out his teeth. sadistic.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    if the decandent was only dead about a day that means the killer pried his lower jaw off and may have yanked out his teeth. sadistic.
    Yeah, it sounds like the genitalia was removed too! Awful. I'm confused about the timeline now. This article says the head was badly decomposing and found four days after the torso but Doe Network says they were only found one day apart. Either way that is really sadistic.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5BC0A9639C8B63

it was july so to me the head may have been pretty decomposed after another day. but there could have also been confusion and it may have been a few more days as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternArtist View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like the genitalia was removed too! Awful. I'm confused about the timeline now. This article says the head was badly decomposing and found four days after the torso but Doe Network says they were only found one day apart. Either way that is really sadistic.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5BC0A9639C8B63

Here is an article a bit more detail about this case, specifically it's discovery: The John Doe of the Brooklyn Badlands http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/18/ny...ty/18body.html

so it was 4 or 5 days post death that the head turned up.

Here is an article a bit more detail about this case, specifically it's discovery: The John Doe of the Brooklyn Badlands http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/18/ny...ty/18body.html

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    so it was 4 or 5 days post death that the head turned up.
    So that would mean that the teeth were either manually removed which is very sadistic or that this 17-23 year old had no teeth!

The teeth and jaw were definitely removed. They dont want him to be ID'd

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

NamUs updated the case file for this UID https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5628 late last month. The race was changed from "Unsure" to "Black/African American" which really shifts things when looking for potential matches. There's still only one rule out listed: Arkadiy Tashman.

A new DNA recon was added to NamUs:
    This should really help in finding good matches!

I submitted Michael Borges http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_michael.html last month (before this recon was added) and he has already been ruled out.

oh Wow!... makes you wonder if this has happened before... wow how interesting.. I wonder who reported him located?
    I went ahead and submitted Adam Lake as a potential match for 942UMNY to Doe Network. What made me really think that he might be a match is that the UID was found with no teeth in the upper jaw (lower jaw missing). Adam suffers from Chron's disease, which can cause oral health problems. If he was living as a runaway for four years he probably wasn't receiving good medical and dental care, which could have caused him to lose his teeth. When I submitted this match I received some strange and compelling info:

A Doe Network administrator looked at the records and found that they themselves had submitted him as a match in 2007. At the time he was reported as "located" so the match was not compared. Now 10 years later they see he is still in the system listed as "missing" and looked deeper. He was falsely reported as being recovered at the time of the submission in '07. So now he has been resubmitted as a potential match with both myself and the administrator named as the submitters!

This reminds me of the kind of thing you see with cold cases on the true crime shows!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast