TN - Michael McIntosh & Jessica Cox for abusing two teen sons, Knoxville, 2013

JeannaT

Former Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find an existing thread for this on websleuths, although it is big news in Knox County and even all the way to Texas.

Baffling. The boys have horrible wounds, had to escape in handcuffs where a Janitor at their school called police, and the stepmom is stating she didn't do it.

That these two boys wouldn't be able to accurately recount - as teenagers - who was perpetrating the abuse is unbelievable to me. And the stepmoms bio son who has a history of lying to LE took the stand in her defense.

http://www.kvue.com/news/crime/brot...accused-of-burning-handcuffing-them/420843475

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...-exhibit-trial-alleged-evil-stepmom/98865018/

Scapegoating. My step son went through this w his mom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica Cox's testimony.

I kind of believe her. She should still go to prison for standing by and doing NOTHING while the boys were likely to be killed as she participated or ignored the abuse, but I kind of believe the role she says was not the dominant role in the abuse of these two boys.

Interesting, she was VERY effective at putting a stop to his abuse of her own child. She wasn't powerless.

Prayers for these two boys, that they are able to overcome a horrific start in life.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...onally-dead-says-accused-stepmother/99002446/

THANK YOU, JURY!! I have been waiting all day for the verdict.

Guilty of 24 of the 29 counts.

Love the first picture in this series, with the young man hugging the prosecutor. Hopefully, this affirmation by the public will give these two young men some peace and a foundation to build a more positive life than they had with the hand of cards they were dealt in their childhood.

So the father has admitted his role, tearfully, and has admitted he was a bad father. So what was he afraid of, if he didn't follow through on Jessica's wishes that the boys be tortured? What was he afraid of, from her? Oh wait, I know. He was afraid she wouldn't have sex with him anymore if he didn't torture his sons. Grrrrrrrr.
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...likely-saturday-stepmom-abuse-trial/99020768/

From last month:

Farragut stepmom sentenced to 24 years in abuse case

Jessica Cox, 40, was sentenced to 24 years behind bars for what the Knox County District Attorney previously called, "heinous, atrocious and cruel" abuse against her two stepsons.

The judge on the case announced to the court that Cox's sentence symbolized 12 years for each stepson hurt without the eligibility for parole.

"Circumstances surrounding this crime were horrific," Judge Bob McGee noted.

Knox County woman sentenced to 24 years in prison for abuse of stepsons

She tortured them, beat them, handcuffed them, starved them and even tried to drown them, but Jessica Cox's stepsons gave her forgiveness and thanks on Friday.

"Thank you, Jessica," AM, now 20, told his stepmother as she faced sentencing in Knox County Criminal Court Friday for the months-long abuse she carried out against him and his younger brother, JM. "Without you, I would not be the person I am today."

AM, dressed in his pilot uniform, made clear the abuse she doled out only made him stronger.

"I was hit, punched and sometimes knocked unconscious at the hands of Jessica," he said. "I would always ask, 'Why do you hit me?' ... But I've become a new person. I have done so much in my life.

"I graduated high school, have gotten a great adult job, became a pilot, traveled the world and recently got acceptance into a flight school, and I have learned how to lead a good life," he said. "Your monstrous behavior has taught me well."

His brother also questioned why Cox - "the only mother figure that I had" - abused them.

After pleading guilty, Michael McIntosh was scheduled to be sentenced on June 1st but it may have been pushed back.

Ex-cop draws 16 years in prison for his role in stepmom's torturous abuse of his sons

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2017/06/29/ex-cop-draws-16-years-prison-his-role-stepmoms-torturous-abuse-his-sons/438097001/

Michael McIntosh had no mercy for his own sons as they were beaten, starved, handcuffed and tortured, but on Thursday they asked a judge to be merciful to him.

Knox County Criminal Court Judge Bob McGee called the grace McIntosh's sons, and the grandparents who are now raising them, have shown him extraordinary.

"Despite all the torture and the beatings, his two sons love him and want to stick with him," McGee said Thursday. "His parents love him and want to stick with him."

McGee sentenced McIntosh to 16 years in prison for both allowing Jessica Cox, his wife and the boys' stepmother, to carry out all manner of torturous abuse and sometimes abusing them himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back