FL - Cooper Dubovik, 5 mos, dies of head trauma, Jacksonville, 7 March 2017 *Arrest*

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - After a 5-month-old boy injured Tuesday died at a hospital, the baby's parents were asking for prayers and the charge against his 65-year-old babysitter was upgraded to murder.
Barbara Kendrick, who police said admitted to forcibly throwing Cooper Dubovik into a playpen Tuesday afternoon because he had been fussy due to teething and fever, was denied bond Friday at her first appearance on the murder charge.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/babysitter-charged-with-murder-for-killing-5-month-old-baby

There are no words.

Just horrifying.

I feel so incredibly sad for this family, for these parents. It is so hard to find affordable, safe child care. I am sure they felt they had a good solution with Barbara Kendrick who is said to be a relative. They probably felt like they finally had a solution---and then, this tragedy. I wish there was something we--as a society--could do to help parents get quality, safe child care.

Before my daughter could speak, we placed her in a woman's home child care that came highly recommended by a friend we trusted. The woman was a former teacher. Her home was tidy. She was well-spoken and seemed kind. But my daughter seemed to not want to go to her place in the mornings, and she seemed especially clingy and stressed when I would pick her up. I decided something wasn't right, and I decided to take her out of this child care. On the day I went to pick her up and tell the lady we wouldn't be coming back, I found the woman gone and her elderly mother rocking a baby in the living room. I found my daughter in a closed bedroom in a playpen. There were about seven other children in the room with her, and two of them came walking out of the closet. I was horrified. My intuition told me something was not right, and here was evidence that lady did not truly offer quality, safe care. After that experience, I found a child care center that was more expensive but that offered trained, kind staff who were always in the room with the children.

I do not use this example to place any blame on these parents. Rather, my point is that I completely understand how hard it is to find child care that you can trust. I wish that individuals who give child care were required to take classes and be evaluated before being employed. I understand that is probably unrealistic. It is just that cases like this one are so horrible and heartbreaking and absolutely avoidable. Individuals with quick tempers should NEVER be child care providers or teachers.

All in my opinion. . .& respectfully submitted with true condolences for the loved ones of this little boy. . .

This is a problem with a person you don't know watching your child alone, for a little bit of money full time. I'm also not blaming the parents - certainly they thought they were doing the right thing in hiring this grandma to care for their baby.

But this is a recipe for disaster. Sketchy women (and she's sketchy by any standard) left alone to care for a baby they don't love, and are paid little, and the children are too young to tell tales, create a fertile ground for serious abuse. This is the scenario when children are beaten or killed by a caregiver.

I didn't even know you could throw a child hard enough into a play pen to fracture a skull, and I kind of doubt that's what happened. Playpens are padded.

If you have to place a child in care with strangers, a licensed commercial daycare is the way to go, with many adults having their eyes on the kids.

So, so sad. This picture of this child - he looks frightened.

Parents often think that they'll get better care with a one on one caregiver, and it seems this couple hired a grandma expecting her to be the better care than a larger facility. The outcome is so sad.

What a horrendous tragedy. Rest In Peace little angel.

have a nice retirement in prison lady

fly with the angels Cooper

Poor little soul, what a senseless loss of life. Rest easy, little guy.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - After a 5-month-old boy injured Tuesday died at a hospital, the baby's parents were asking for prayers and the charge against his 65-year-old babysitter was upgraded to murder.
Barbara Kendrick, who police said admitted to forcibly throwing Cooper Dubovik into a playpen Tuesday afternoon because he had been fussy due to teething and fever, was denied bond Friday at her first appearance on the murder charge.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/babysitter-charged-with-murder-for-killing-5-month-old-baby

There are no words.

Poor baby just wanted comfort, how devastating [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How very sad.
It appears this lady was related to the parents somehow.

Some people should not be allowed near babies or children.

RIP Cooper

I think it's possible the baby was the paternal grandma.

An innocent little guys life extinguished for no other reason than someones inability to control themselves. :cry:

It's just such a terrible situation all around. Those poor parents...there's no way they could have predicted this.

Apologies if already posted.

http://people.com/crime/mom-of-baby-allegedly-killed-babysitter-in-playpen-speaks-out/

While the case against Kendrick proceeds, Cooper’s devastated family is still trying to wrap their minds around the fact that their beloved child is gone.

“My husband woke up last night,” Garvin says. “He had a terrible dream. He could have sworn he heard Cooper crying, and he jumped out of bed and ran into his room. And of course when he got there, Cooper was gone.”

Imagine the force it would take to throw an infant into a playpen so hard that he died. Now imagine the sort of person who would do this. Do you think she just snapped, or does this woman have other victims of abuse in her wake? Infants are especially vulnerable as they cannot yet talk and voice their needs. The baby just wanted to be held and comforted. Was that so difficult?

This makes me so angry!!! As someone who has been a nanny, and at one time for a particularly difficult infant, this disgusts me. I admit, there have been times when she screamed for so long I thought it would never end. There are always things you can do to keep everyone safe. I have put the baby down (in a safe place) and walked out of the room to take some deep breaths, and once I even called a friend for support. But you do NOT hurt an infant for ANY REASON.

I think it's possible the baby was the paternal grandma.

I read in MSM (sorry I can't recall where) that there is no blood tie. There is a relation through marriage by distant relatives on the father's side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back