Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Authorities Believe Missing Hunt County Man May Be In Danger
chambers.jpg

Deputies searched the home of Michael Chambers after he was reported missing Friday night by family.
Based on evidence found at the home, authorities believe Chambers may be in danger.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/03/11/authorities-believe-missing-hunt-county-man-may-be-in-danger/

Retired Firefighter May Have Been Taken From His Home: Authorities
The Hunt County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help finding 70-year-old Michael Chambers, who went missing under "suspicious circumstances."
After searching Chambers' Hunt County home, deputies uncovered evidence indicating he may have been forcibly taken. The retired Dallas Fire-Rescue firefighter was last heard from on the morning of March 10 when he spoke to his wife over the phone, according to the sheriff's office news release.

Source: Retired Firefighter May Have Been Taken From His Home: Authorities | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Au...rance-Suspicious-415956233.html#ixzz4bE3QETF5
Follow us: @nbcdfw on Twitter | NBCDFW on Facebook​

The authorities believe he went missing between noon and 3 pm on Friday. I understand they can narrow it down because of the trip to Walmart but I haven't seen why the 3pm time. http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/local/sheriff-missing-man-believed-to-be-in-danger/421719255

I just watched the press conference - Sheriff said the neighbors come home around 3 from work and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. This is the next county over from me and an acquaintance of mine seems to know the family well. Sheriff is a good friend of the family and they've got nothing. No reason at all this poor man should be missing.

Small amount of blood in his shop but they haven't even linked it to him yet - no sign of struggle. Aside for the 2 degress of separation this freaks me out because my Dad is the same age and would totally be out puttering in his shop like Mr. Chambers and have no reason to be missing.

I hope he is found soon but it doesn't sound good. I saw one of the daughters (I think) comment that they were talking to the county about bringing in Equusearch.

Also seeing possibility his workshop was being robbed and he walked in in the middle of it. :-(

This is getting a lot of social media attention in the area. Everyone speaks highly of Michael. I'm baffled and feel horrible for his family and wife.

Chambers was last seen March 10 entering and then leaving the Quinlan Walmart alone. He was driving his pickup truck.

He was known to carry money but do not believe he was followed. Chambers returned home before noon and was not seen again.

Whatever happened to him most likely happened between noon and 3 p.m. that Friday. His truck was at the house along with his keys and wallet. Chambers and his cell phone simply disappeared.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/14/missing-texas-man-may-have-been-abducted-police-say.html

"I was a Sunday school teacher for several years. I've never known a more devout Christian man than Michael Chambers," said an emotional Meeks. "I trust him with my life. He's a great family man, he loved his wife dearly and I don't know if somehow he was protecting her."

I take this to mean, perhaps he didn't want his wife to walk in on a robbery and somehow he persuaded the bad guy to take him and leave the house. Praying for Mr Chambers and his family.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Au...hters-Disappearance-Suspicious-415956233.html

I hope it doesn't mean that he may have walked in during a robbery and they slugged him, possibly fatally, and then removed him from the shop to dispose of the evidence. :(

The last time he was heard from was when he talked to his wife on the phone. Where was his wife? I'm presuming he was at home when he talked to his wife.

If he walked in on a robbery, why would the thieves take him? Why not shoot him and flee?

I just watched the press conference - Sheriff said the neighbors come home around 3 from work and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. This is the next county over from me and an acquaintance of mine seems to know the family well. Sheriff is a good friend of the family and they've got nothing. No reason at all this poor man should be missing.

Small amount of blood in his shop but they haven't even linked it to him yet - no sign of struggle. Aside for the 2 degress of separation this freaks me out because my Dad is the same age and would totally be out puttering in his shop like Mr. Chambers and have no reason to be missing.

I hope he is found soon but it doesn't sound good. I saw one of the daughters (I think) comment that they were talking to the county about bringing in Equusearch.

I'm also close. About 1/2 hr away. Some of my husbands friends from car clubs know him from shows and car /truck restorations. We just bought a truck for restoring in Quintan a month ago.

It seems odd that he left walking that he didn't take a wallet or keys. Only a cell - which you would think abducters would want to leave behind so it can't be tracked. I'm thinking it may someone who knew or heard that he had cash (possibly from vehicle work) and perp showed up to "look at cars" as an excuse. Guess this is why husband and I pack heat when we go to meet people. It's sad that you need that frame of mind but that's the world we live in today.

Prayers for his safe return!

It definitely doesn't sound good...I feel so bad for his family. He seems like a genuinely sweet person, I really hope this turns out okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail