1598 users online (334 members and 1264 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Santa drops pants at mall

It wasn't eight tiny reindeer, but a police cruiser that took a Massachusetts man dressed as Santa Claus away from the Mall at Rockingham Park on Sunday, after he was arrested for dropping his pants in front of onlookers, police said. If Richard Mullen, 52, of Malden, Mass., hadn't been wearing sweatpants under his Santa costume, he would be facing charges of indecent exposure rather than disorderly conduct for allegedly dropping his Santa pants multiple times in the Salem mall Sunday afternoon, Salem Police Capt. Robert Larsen said.

Mullen was released on $200 bail after the arrest and will be arraigned in Salem District Court at a later date.

Larsen said the pants-dropping was clearly intentional; it was not a costume defect. He said Mullen told police that he was just joking around, saying something to the effect of he was "just having some fun with the kids," Larsen said

Larsen said the pants-dropping was enough to make some people at the busy mall uncomfortable.

Mullen was not employed as a mall Santa, Larsen said, and it was unclear yesterday why he was dressed as Saint Nick or how he ended up in Salem. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10342905/

It seems Santa (?) was trying to show the kids his TOY

"Mullen was not employed as a mall Santa, Larsen said, and it was unclear yesterday why he was dressed as Saint Nick or how he ended up in Salem."

Happy Holidays all

I didn't know a person could be arrested simply because their behavior made others uncomfortable. What Santa did was tacky, but I don't see how it could be illegal. He had sweat pants on underneath - he didn't flash anyone.

so.... what i am hearing is,, you can be arrested for wearing sweatpants now.............?

hmmm,

Santa dropping trou...

what an image

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by reb
    so.... what i am hearing is,, you can be arrested for wearing sweatpants now.............?
    Only if you show them multiple times.