Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 39
Race: Asian
Height: 73 inches
Weight: 160 pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Medium
Identifying Characteristics: Scar on shin, reddish colored blemish on center of forehead.
Clothing: Possibly wearing a short or long sleeve T-shirt, blue jeans, brown "New Balance" weathered lace up style shoes, navy blue nylon jacket, brown "Gap" belt.
Jewelry: White gold wedding band with a braid in center and an engraving of "Always JT+ JM 6-29-91" inside band with scotch tape wrapped around ring worn on left ring finger.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. Jerry was last seen at approximatley 8:00am at his residence in the vicinity of the 700 block of Ashbury St. in San Francisco, CA. A family member last spoke to him at 10:00am via phone. Jerry has a medical condition and needs medication.

Investigative Agency:
San Francisco Police Department
Phone: (415) 553-1071
Investigative Case #: 051347730

National Center for Missing Adults

Family, friends comb city for signs of missing man

Monday, December 5, 2005

Dozens of volunteers and friends scoured San Francisco over the weekend for signs of a missing 39-year-old tech executive and father.

Jerry Tang, who lives in the Haight Ashbury neighborhood, hasn't been heard from since Tuesday morning, when he spoke to his wife by phone. Since then, friends, family and concerned strangers have followed up varied tips, with the help of a neighbor coordinating the effort from an Ashbury Street garage.

A groundskeeper thought he spotted Tang in Golden Gate Park last week. A postal carrier said he noticed Tang in a phone booth in the Mission neighborhood on Saturday. And a psychic suggested he might be found along the cliffs near the ruins of the Sutro Baths.

"We are going to look for him until we find him,'' said Ingrid Overgard, a family friend. "It's just a massive physical search."

Continued:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...BAGEDG2V7O1.DTL

Family baffled how man vanished

12/06/2005 05

<snip>

So far, there have been anumber of tips — from a groundskeeper who thought he saw Tang in Golden Gate Park, to a postal carrier who saw someone who looked like him using a phone booth in the Mission. None have led anywhere, Overgard said, who added they have also searched libraries, churches and restaurants he was know to frequent.

"It's just completely out of character for him to take off, so we know something has to be wrong," said Overgard, whose husband has known Tang since the two were elementary school students in Massachusetts.

"Jerry is a really nice guy, and we really care about him and miss him very much," she added. "We just want him to come home."
Tang, who suffered a stroke several years ago, is prone to seizures and disappeared without his medication, said Hal Rucker, Tang's boss at Smalltown.

Rucker said he fears Tang, a computer programmer, became disoriented as the result of a seizure and doesn't know where he is.

"It probably has something to do with his medication," said Rucker, adding that Tang recently became more interested in religion. "This just isn't like Jerry."

Tang stands 6-foot-1, is Asian and weighs 160 pounds. The last time he was seen he was wearing a blue jacket, blue jeans and brown shoes.

Anyone with information about Tang's whereabouts can call the SFPD's Missing Persons Unit at (415) 558-5508 or the Operations Center at (415) 553-1071.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sanmateocount...news/ci_3283114

Thanks four boys. Sure hope Jerry is found safe real soon.

will delete post I had under other thread.

Jerry Tang's family and friends have done an incredible job in trying to locate him.

hhttp://seedwiki.com/wiki/jerry_tang/jerry_tang.cfm

Hope they find Jerry soon. Kudos to his family and friends during such a difficult time.

Family and friends are still looking for Jerry! Hope they find him soon!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/01/01/a_coast_away_pals_aid_search/

Exerpt:

A coast away, pals aid search

Jerry Tang hasn't called Framingham his home for many years, but his childhood friends are doing whatever they can to track down the missing 1983 Framingham North graduate-turned-high-tech-engineer.

''He would never leave his family without explanation," said college friend Naomi Sutherland of Needham.

<snip>

Its a wonderful story about friends from as long ago as elementary school reaching out to find this man! Some went to the west coast, others are doing what they can locally.

clap.gif

I hope Jerry is found soon. He sounds like the kind of guy you'd want to know. I wonder if he had another stroke? He's young to have had one already. Then, there's the seizures...I just hope they find him, and soon. I suspect if he became disoriented, or whatever, he could try to get back to Framingham. If that's the case he could be anywhere between the West and East coasts.

Man, I just keep coming back to this thread. Something keeps pulling me back...if that makes any sense. Surely LE has checked all the local missions, hospitals, homeless areas. If he were to be confused/disoriented due to lack of medication, he would be a prime target for some nut out there. I know I'm in Tennessee and there's not a lot I can do, but I will take a flyer to our ER and ask them to share it with others in our area. It's highly unlikely he would be through here anyway, but you never know if he's not his usual self.

http://www.cbs5.com/localwire/local...n/HeadlineNews/MISSING-MAN/resources_bcn_html

Today's search was based on information Jerry's family gathered from a security guard at a Downtown building who said he saw Jerry on Dec. 16, 2005.

According to Audrey Tang, the security guard was walking the perimeter of 1 California St. when he contacted a man who was resting in a nook of the building. The guard told the man to move.

It wasn't until later in the evening that the guard saw a sign on a post on Market Street and realized the man he asked to move might have been Jerry Tang, Audrey Tang said. The guard later notified police and Jerry's family about the possible sighting.

Jerry's brother, Austin Tang, questioned the guard, who said the man he asked to move had a shopping cart but didn't look like he had been on the street very long.

I sure hope they find this guy, and find him alive. I've felt all along that something medically happened to him, and he is "lost", doesn't know how to find his way home, may not even be able to tell someone who he is. I really hope that's what it is, anway.......

Alice- i agree with you. i am always thinking of this bright, young father of two with such debilitating medical conditions and being out there confused and scared.

He has such a loving, supportive family and dedicated, talented friends who are doing such an incredible job searching for Jerry. I am so inspired by them.

It is such a shame that Jerry can just slip through the cracks...hoping that he is alive and will be home safely soon.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-tang23jan23,0,5533698.story?coll=la-headlines-california

The search for Jerry Tang continues.... Very good article

Excerpt:
His friends and parents — Taiwanese-born immigrants — believe Tang could be wandering the streets with amnesia or an altered thought process triggered by another stroke or seizure (he left home without his medication).

It is their best hope, the only scenario that adds up while still keeping Jerry among the living. They have spent dozens of hours developing rapport with homeless men and women who have tipped them to possible sightings.

There was a tall Asian man with a shopping cart resting in a downtown nook. Another in the food line at the St. Anthony Foundation. Yet another lingering by the city's ragged bus terminal. The tips turned up nothing. But they are leads that can be followed. And action equals hope. Early last week about 60 supporters gathered in the small San Francisco church where Tang and his wife, Joyce, are members. They were there to celebrate Tang's 40th birthday. The congregation has poured out its support, as have parents from the Tangs' nearby elementary school, cooking meals for Joyce and the children.

On this rainy night, Tang's family announced a $10,000 reward, half from his parents and part from Jerry Tang's partner in the San Mateo tech start-up, Smalltown, where he was working long hours before he vanished.

The participants sang "Happy Birthday to You" — marked by quiet sobs — then lighted candles for Tang's safe return.

"Those of us who know him have a hard time accepting that he could have the ability to come home and hasn't," reasoned one longtime friend, Ingrid Overgard. "It's not the Jerry we know."

I hope that Jerry's face has been on the media. If so, maybe someone will recognize him when they are just out shopping or something. It's a horrible thought that he may be out there just wandering around not knowing who he is or where he lives. Hopefully he is still in the city that he lives in.

I posted this on a blog of a "coworker" but I don't know if the family will see it.

I'm wondering if they have a photo of Jerry that is unshaven and "rough". You know the "vacation type" pic. I'm thinking if he is wandering the streets perhaps he looks more like that photo, than the clean cut young man that we keep seeing?

Perhaps with a "rough" photo out there, more people might report sightings?

Just an idea to try to help bring this much loved man home.

http://seedwiki.com/wiki/jerry_tang/jerry_tang.cfm

Jerry's blog---his 40th birthday was last week.

Great idea of new pictures....his friends and coworkers are so clever with the computer-perhaps they can doctor a photo to make him appear thinner,etc.

Wonder if somehow he made it back to MA somewhere near where he grew up-if he was confused, disoriented.

I hope Jerry is found soon. Thinking of his family and friends.

Thanks for that link Petra. On the photos page there is a clean shaven Jerry but he has a "blank" tired look.... it helps!

Also on the discussion page I found this

Can Jerry grow a full beard or is it patchy? Maybe some people are looking for a smooth shaved man when they should be looking for a guy with a beard...??? Just an insight that might have been addressed already.
--CR 1/23/06 discussion

That's a good point. He may be sporting a goatee or a fu manchu and slip under the radar. His hair may also be shoulder-length by now or in a pony tail.
--cpu 1/23/06

Petra I posted your FANTABULOUS idea about getting his friends to photoshop what he might look like at the site. Will check back to see if/what they say.

Its startling to read EVERYTHING this group of people have done to get this man home. There is NOTHING they have done wrong! Every base is covered!

Yet Jerry is still missing.....

The Missing Man

Fliers plastered everywhere. Friends scouring the city. High-tech search logistics. And psychics. Why can't San Francisco find Jerry Tang?

By Ryan Blitstein

Article Published Feb 8, 2006

Today is Jerry Tang's 40th birthday, and his wife and children are here. So are his parents and sister, friends from as far back as elementary school, current co-workers, and colleagues from several jobs ago. But Jerry isn't in the room. He's been missing for 50 days. That's why they've all come to this Inner Sunset church: for a vigil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back