1212 users online (194 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Please scroll and roll if this was already posted.

Authorities received more than 13,000 tips after releasing a picture of the suspect taken from one of the girl’s cell phones.
    70 search warrants and subpoenas have been served and the probation status of dozens of sex offenders have been reviewed.

http://wgntv.com/2017/03/13/police-i...investigation/

Quote Originally Posted by Jax49 View Post
    I believe he had a gun in his right pocket, but nothing as large as a sawed-off shotgun. MOO.
    I don't believe that is a sawed off shotgun (we have nothing to compare size to). IMO, it could be more along the lines of a civil war double barrel flintlock pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Or maybe the content was so damaged that it IS from video but there's not actually much true usable video (or at least possibly not much usable showing him) so they CAN'T release what many here would consider true video of him...

(Especially since it seems unlikely Libby would have been able to video him personally for very long undetected to begin with and it's quite possible there's more that's either from in a pocket or bag or something and/or things other than the suspect directly)
    I

I definitely do recall an LE office (maybe the sheriff?) stating that they had more video but weren't prepared to release anymore at this time. Sorry, don't have the link, but I remember it very distinctly, because it gave me hope that they might at some point need to release more. JMOO

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    I don't believe that is a sawed off shotgun (we have nothing to compare size to). IMO, it could be more along the lines of a civil war double barrel flintlock pistol.
    Certainly possible. I went with sawed-off shotgun because that's what came up when I googled the picture.
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan

Okay - so I've skipped over 9 threads (1,000 plus posts each)....

Anything new?? Or you all still just discussing scenarios, gun in pocket, or knife, etc.

TIA!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    I hate to be a nitpicker. But if you follow the link it's a sawn off Rossi overlander shotgun as used by Sean Connery in The Untouchables can't ever say websleuths doesn't teach me lots of random information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

I had this feature on my Galaxy prior to switching to an iPhone. It's very easy to activate by mistake. I scared my emergency contact too many times. This phone also has an alarm feature you can press to alert others of distress but it's very loud and not a good idea unless someone is close-by to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    I don't know anything about firearms but hat sure looks large, and like nothing that could fit in a pocket. In my opinion, if he used a gun at all it was small and used for intimidation purposes only.
    It's a 12 gauge sawed off Rabbits ear.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post

Anything new?? Or you all still just discussing scenarios, gun in pocket, or knife, etc.

TIA!
    Not really anything new. We are still seeing people in bushes, dogs and gun and fanny packs in or around jackets. The property owner was arrested on a probation violation and has a hearing on the 20th but by all indications it has ZERO to do with the case.

'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by NYSofMindHunter View Post
    I just wanted to take a moment to add my thanks to Wondergirl for linking the engrossing series of articles Angels & Demons about the horrific 1989 murders of Jo, Michelle and Christe Rogers in Tampa, Florida. It didn't take me long into reading it to see why the writer -- Thomas French of the St. Petersburg Times, won the 1998 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing for this excellent work. It was lengthy to get through with everything else I had going on over the weekend, but well worth the time, and I encourage anyone who has yet to read it to check it out. http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

<respectfully snipped>

And thank-you again Wondergirl for linking this award winning series of articles in the first place. I love a lot of you for what you do, and my hat is of to your efforts. Now hopefully if we can get LE to give us a little more, someone out there can shine a bright light on this creature who's trying to remain in the shadows from where he can pounce again, and LE can instead snare him and make him pay for his crimes. Now that would be a beautiful day. Here's wishing to see it soon. We owe it to Abby & Libby and all of the children out there who depend on us to make this a better, safer world. Somewhere where two girls can go on a simple hike and safely make it home again. In America, is that asking too much anymore? It can't be that way...it just can't be.
    Kudos again to Wondergirl. In that case, it was so circumstantial, as there were no witnesses or DNA, that LE "won" the case by me and by author by having another similar case on the stand during the trial.

Once a day it crosses my mind that the billboards are also to get the info across jurisdictional lines for viewing and input to other LE across the nation.

Guess I'm just thinking daily of Foxfire, and what he might be inputting on the case about sharing information.... RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Bently View Post
    Kudos again to Wondergirl. In that case, it was so circumstantial, as there were no witnesses or DNA, that LE "won" the case by me and by author by having another similar case on the stand during the trial.

Once a day it crosses my mind that the billboards are also to get the info across jurisdictional lines for viewing and input to other LE across the nation.

Guess I'm just thinking daily of Foxfire, and what he might be inputting on the case about sharing information.... RIP
    Would love to have his input on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post

TIA!
    Nothing that has led to an arrest
    13000 tips, still looking for the right one
    70 Search warrants
    LE hasn't confirmed one suspect or more than one

Mostly rehashing older news and putting a different slant on things
    Same photos, revisited
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna Gigi View Post
    I

I definitely do recall an LE office (maybe the sheriff?) stating that they had more video but weren't prepared to release anymore at this time. Sorry, don't have the link, but I remember it very distinctly, because it gave me hope that they might at some point need to release more. JMOO
    i believe that was said during the one and only police conference

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
    I hate to be a nitpicker. But if you follow the link it's a sawn off Rossi overlander shotgun as used by Sean Connery in The Untouchables can't ever say websleuths doesn't teach me lots of random information!

And quick about it too! I was just coming to post the same info.
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRogue View Post
    Side note: That gun that the individual is shooting is very illegal.

26 Inch minimum, 18 inch barrel, minimum.

I bet she has a tax stamp that makes it legal for her to own. No snark.

Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast