Thread: Baby Put in Clothes Dryer and Murdered

Hybrid View

Baby Put in Clothes Dryer and Murdered

BOGALUSA, La. (AP) A mother was booked on a charge of first-degree murder for allegedly placing her 3-month-old son in a clothes dryer and turning it on.

The infant had third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body and suffered blunt force trauma to the head, the St. Tammany Parish coroner said.

Police Sgt. Darryl Darden said Lakeisha Adams, 18, called police to her home on Monday to report that someone had killed her child. When officers arrived, they found Jailand Adams on a sofa. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Darden said Adams admitted during questioning to putting the infant in the dryer and turning it on, but did not say why.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/1207/adams_ap.html

OMG what a horrible callous thing to do, poor sweet baby.

She needs to go in a industrial size dryer for a few hours

I saw this on the news last night - both hubby and I had tears in our eyes. WTF is wrong with some people?????

Can you just imagine the painfulness of that for the poor baby? Oh my God, I can't even fathom the thought. What a cruel, evil person. That poor baby. No child deserves that, not even for a milisecond. What goes through a person's mind to even think such a thing? God!!

I saw this this morning and couldn't believe what I was reading...OMG!!!!! What a horrible way to die...I can only hope he was knock unconscious right away....poor little thing. Kills me!

This is just too disgusting beyond any word that I can think of!

and here again, we get into that "where does stupidity or evil end and mental illness begin" debate.

she is either mentally retarded, psychotic, or this was a 'post-birth abortion" by someone who knew she couldn't handle having a child.

or, maybe a combination of all of these......?

What kind of sicko does something so horrific?!!!!! I bet her defense will be post-partum depression and the stress of having 2 kids so little at such a young age. Lethal injection is too good for the person who did this!! I agree with you, Casshew....they need to find a dryer to put her in so she can feel what it is like!!! In my opinion, if more punishments fit the crime, we wouldn't have a lot of the bad stuff going on today that happens!!

This is so sickening!! It just makes me want to cry buckets of tears for these poor babies killed by such horrendous ways. I hope her 1 year old never goes back to her.

Since the DA is seeking 2nd degree, not 1st degree, this girl must either be mentally retarded or have a recorded history of hearing voices/schizophrenia.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    Since the DA is seeking 2nd degree, not 1st degree, this girl must either be mentally retarded or have a recorded history of hearing voices/schizophrenia.
    I still say they should do the same to her.

Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    I still say they should do the same to her.
    I know people who are retarded and severely mentally ill. If you want to know what truly makes us human, it's located between the ears. It's impossible to understand the thought processes/motivations of people whose brains don't work properly (or at all) in the first place. Especially schizophrenia, where your brain is basically talking to you 24/7, except you don't realize it's your brain. You think it's god or the devil or dead relatives or someone from television. A friend of mine's mother used to hear voices coming out of coke bottles, telling her god only knows what. Nothing good, I bet.

I know people who are retarded and severely mentally ill. If you want to know what truly makes us human, it's located between the ears. It's impossible to understand the thought processes/motivations of people whose brains don't work properly (or at all) in the first place. Especially schizophrenia, where your brain is basically talking to you 24/7, except you don't realize it's your brain. You think it's god or the devil or dead relatives or someone from television. A friend of mine's mother used to hear voices coming out of coke bottles, telling her god only knows what. Nothing good, I bet.

Well surely someone around her KNEW OF HER CONDITION. My father in law was border schizophrenic..../ highly bipolar and right before he killed himself, he was telling everyone the worlds problems were all his..... very sad.

IF SHE"S not to 'blame' so to speak - then someone around her is for not coming forward or getting the baby away from her.

Post partum ??

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Post partum ??
    Baby was only 3 mos. old. I would think they would have to look at post partum depression/psychosis in this case.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight