GUILTY LA - Jailand Adams, 3 mos, dies in dryer, Bogalusa, 5 Dec 2005

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BOGALUSA, La. (AP) — A mother was booked on a charge of first-degree murder for allegedly placing her 3-month-old son in a clothes dryer and turning it on.

The infant had third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body and suffered blunt force trauma to the head, the St. Tammany Parish coroner said.

Police Sgt. Darryl Darden said Lakeisha Adams, 18, called police to her home on Monday to report that someone had killed her child. When officers arrived, they found Jailand Adams on a sofa. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Darden said Adams admitted during questioning to putting the infant in the dryer and turning it on, but did not say why.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/1207/adams_ap.html

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

OMG what a horrible callous thing to do, poor sweet baby. :(

She needs to go in a industrial size dryer for a few hours :furious:

I saw this on the news last night - both hubby and I had tears in our eyes. WTF is wrong with some people?????

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Can you just imagine the painfulness of that for the poor baby? Oh my God, I can't even fathom the thought. What a cruel, evil person. That poor baby. No child deserves that, not even for a milisecond. What goes through a person's mind to even think such a thing? God!!

I saw this this morning and couldn't believe what I was reading...OMG!!!!! What a horrible way to die...I can only hope he was knock unconscious right away....poor little thing. Kills me!

This is just too disgusting beyond any word that I can think of!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

and here again, we get into that "where does stupidity or evil end and mental illness begin" debate.

she is either mentally retarded, psychotic, or this was a 'post-birth abortion" by someone who knew she couldn't handle having a child.

or, maybe a combination of all of these......?

This Mom of the year :razz: has a one year old child as well.

If she had this child in a hospital ( as opposed to a home birth ) wouldn't the nurses be able to tell she had a screw ( or 20) loose???

I just think when these girls are single.....special attention should be paid to making sure they are stable.

This situation is horrible beyond belief. :banghead:

Sherry67 said:
If she had this child in a hospital ( as opposed to a home birth ) wouldn't the nurses be able to tell she had a screw ( or 20) loose???

I just think when these girls are single.....special attention should be paid to making sure they are stable.

This situation is horrible beyond belief. :banghead:
Who falls into the "these girls" category?

What kind of sicko does something so horrific?!!!!! I bet her defense will be post-partum depression and the stress of having 2 kids so little at such a young age. Lethal injection is too good for the person who did this!! I agree with you, Casshew....they need to find a dryer to put her in so she can feel what it is like!!! In my opinion, if more punishments fit the crime, we wouldn't have a lot of the bad stuff going on today that happens!!

This is so sickening!! It just makes me want to cry buckets of tears for these poor babies killed by such horrendous ways. I hope her 1 year old never goes back to her.

I'm just sitting here in stunned silence and seething with anger. I know how hot my stuff gets in the dryer. The thought of my entire body being in there is bad enough, but to be TUMBLED around crashing every part of one's body is beyond comprehension. This is TORTURE in every sense of the word. This woman is pure evil. There are no two ways about it.

When I think of all the people who desperately want a child and would care for and love a child -- then there are girls who get pregnant, don't want the kid, and kill the baby. Leave the baby outside to die of exposure, bury the baby alive, throw the baby in the trash, flush the baby down the toilet, and now this. What is wrong with people?

I am absolutely disgusted by this. I don't know what to say. How does a person even think of something so cruel? When I read things like this it makes me want to hurt the monster that did it.

God Bless this baby's soul. :angel:

jannuncutt said:
Who falls into the "these girls" category?

I don't know for sure, but I would guess 18 yr old girls who already have a very small child at home.

How LONG was that precious little one THUMPING and
probably wailing in pain and terror in that dryer in order
to be THAT burnt!!!! OH MY GOSH! How could someone
even THINK of doing something so horrible? I HOPE that
the poor little fellow was knocked out immediately.
May those sounds HAUNT her!
I do NOT care if she was post-partum whatever...
I do not care that she was but 18....
This is unfathomable.

love,

Ariel<----wishing she never read this.:( :sick:

Brefie said:
I don't know for sure, but I would guess 18 yr old girls who already have a very small child at home.
Bad idea, IMO, of course. Other factors need to be considered and the most important aren't age and marital status. Smith, Yates, Whilheim, etc., were not young single mothers.

I read this early this morning and saw it posted here later. I was beyond anger and tears....I want to know why. Was it because the baby cried too much, was too needy and this set off her reaction? Did she believe because she had control of the baby that it was within her right to torture and kill him? We need to recruit some shrinks to this board. We need more understanding of why this happens so it can be recognized in people we know. All of this need to be pre-emptory not after the fact.

Just think how much we have learned from the Laci Peterson case.....so much that it has probably saved a lot of people. The trickle down effect goes a long way. Someone once asked me "How did you not know this?" It was because I was never taught it.

3 months old. I am just stunned.
I know that the pressures of having a 1 year old and a 3 month old would be heavy. But she had other options. A 3 month old has no say.
She is facing life in prison or lethal injection. But she will live a long time before she ever gets the needle. I hope that every day at the time of the child's death, they play a recording of a baby crying. And play a recording for a few hours each and every day. Maybe monthly someone could talk to her and tell her what her child would be doing at that age, if it had lived. And maybe while she is in prison, every time she is seen with a smile on her face, someone could show her a picture of the baby, after the murder.
I hope that the 1 year old is taken into a loving home. And I hope that baby never knows she had a sibling and how that sibling died. This is probably the only type of case where I believe a closed adoption would be proper.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back