What do you think happened to Dakota James?

What do you think happened to Dakota?

• Accident

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Foul Play

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Suicide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CARIIS

Former Member
Reaction score
Was gonna go for a ton of choices and then it was like lets narrow this down!!

Cariis, I was ready to retire for the night, and then I saw your poll and wondered who this was about. So, I searched and found the thread for Dakota James. I skimmed over the 2 threads to get a good idea of what happened.

My opinion is that it was basically an accident. I saw that the blog Footprints at the River's Edge, and the tendency for male college students to gravitate toward bodies of water following a night of drinking, were discussed. That had also been on my mind when reading about DJ.

The case I thought of in particular is the disappearance of Harsha Maddula. He was a young Northwestern University student who went to a house party with some friends. He left to go to another house party but never made it there. A friend called HM's cell phone, looking for him, and HM said he was at his dorm.

LE agencies, with the help of the coast guard, searched Lake Michigan's Wilmette Harbor for two days before HM's body was discovered by fishermen. Wilmette Harbor is in the opposite direction of the second house party and HM's dorm, and it is a few blocks from the first house party. No one knows why he walked to the harbor. His family said he didn't drink, but toxicology tests showed there was alcohol in his system and friends confirmed that he did drink at the party.

It is odd, but for some reason male college students who have been drinking seem drawn to bodies of water. I don't remember previously reading the theory of these men intending to urinate in the water but, interestingly, HM was found with his pants unzipped. So, I think DJ is another victim of the magnetic powers of water and alcohol. MOO :moo:

I voted foul play even though in almost every other similar case I've followed I would have voted accident or suicide.

Foul play. Typically I would vote accident but there are too many strange things in this case.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I actually have no idea. I can't even speculate. We were simply not given any useful information in this case. The fact that his COD has not been easily found to be drowning makes me lean towards foul play even if it is a drug overdose (overdoses are never "accidents" in my mind.)

I always follow these and read very carefully, as you may know. I think there is something hinky going on in Dakotas case, aside from LE not being able to get information and keep it straight. I've also wondered why Dakota's mom called out the mayor, holding them responsible- that's another odd little detail, in the many cases I've followed I've never seen something like that happen. Don't get me wrong, I've seen officials come speak about a missing person or victim on their own terms.
I think Dakota was put in the water somewhere after the dam.
Bizarre all the way around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Accident.

It is easy to believe in the boogeyman, but you have to have concrete evidence to believe in foul play. Even a sinister serial killer makes mistakes eventually. I prefer to believe most of these cases are accidents, but I am willing to listen to other scenarios.

I believe this was no accident. I believe the mom is correct. Hopefully the app gives her more info to find out what happened.

QUOTE=shandram19;13227018]I always follow these and read very carefully, as you may know. I think there is something hinky going on in Dakotas case, aside from LE not being able to get information and keep it straight. I've also wondered why Dakota's mom called out the mayor, holding them responsible- that's another odd little detail, in the many cases I've followed I've never seen something like that happen. Don't get me wrong, I've seen officials come speak about a missing person or victim on their own terms.
I think Dakota was put in the water somewhere after the dam.
Bizarre all the way around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate your all feedback, was surprised so many , like I, think this not accident. I was getting sense that the accident was the more prevanlent notion.

I actually have no idea. I can't even speculate. We were simply not given any useful information in this case. The fact that his COD has not been easily found to be drowning makes me lean towards foul play even if it is a drug overdose (overdoses are never "accidents" in my mind.)

Where was it ever announced his cause of death by LE?

Where was it ever announced his cause of death by LE?

Chill...Vail didn't say anyone announced anything. They said that the COD obviously wasn't easily determined. Meaning it simply hasn't been released yet.

Chill...Vail didn't say anyone announced anything. They said that the COD obviously wasn't easily determined. Meaning it simply hasn't been released yet.

I don't believe his family is allowing it to be released... I don't believe they liked the findings...

Moo

I think it was an accident. It had to be. No one did it. He fell in.

Sad...

Toxicology not released to public

IMO, this wasn't an accident. Time will tell. The family is seeking a 2nd opinion and the toxicology report has not been released yet. It's not over. Don't write it off just yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni