748 users online (174 members and 574 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    You lose most of your body heat from your head, so don't forget to wear a hat. I've found fleece and wool to be the warmest.
    wearing fleece, wool socks and blankies. Going to grab my wool hat.

18-24" possible, blizzard warning, Hudson NY.

(p.s. supermarket a nightmare awhile ago)

Hudson is way north, I'm further south Putnam. I shopped days ago. Market here was not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    Where?
    Sarasota, Florida's Suncoast

Hudson is way north, I'm further south Putnam. I shopped days ago. Market here was not bad.
    Two and a half hours from the city. Price Chopper at least was civil (if terse). Avoided the Great Satan (Walmart of course) as probably panicking rednecks attacking one another with hand trowels in long long lines there.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Two and a half hours from the city. Price Chopper at least was civil (if terse). Avoided the Great Satan (Walmart of course) as probably panicking rednecks attacking one another with hand trowels in long long lines there.
    Thank God I don't/won't deal with that. I was back home by 1PM. Laundry, cooked, tub of water, gathered my important stuff, gas, garbage. all set.

Stay warm and safe. Nitey. Making my warm bed now.

PS: charging my phone and laptop right now, just in case I have signals tomorrow. Hot Soup is going in thermos.

Isn't that just lovely - received an emergency warning text regarding a tornado warning in Sarasota County until 9 PM tonight.

All of you stay safe!

PS: charging my phone and laptop right now, just in case I have signals tomorrow. Hot Soup is going in thermos.
    Hot soup in a thermos. what a great idea! I hadn't thought of that. If I am ever in a future emergency like what you all are having, I will be more prepared. I live in Colorado and the weather will be nice tomorrow.
    Thinking of you!

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    18-24" possible, blizzard warning, Hudson NY.

(p.s. supermarket a nightmare awhile ago)
    Wow. I have been in a few blizzards. Scary! Stay safe and warm and keep in touch if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    Isn't that just lovely - received an emergency warning text regarding a tornado warning in Sarasota County until 9 PM tonight.

Tornado warning for you. I remember when I was in Oklahoma in the 1970's, I saw two tornadoes hooked together as one. We did not get hit, Thank God! That may have been the year that Tulsa got hit, though.

Hunkered and ready for the storm. Bring it on. (And stay safe, everyone!)

Outside of NYC right now. Waiting.

Have done lots of big storms, including Sandy--no power, for a week but had a small generator that did the fridge, water pump and septic for two hours a day. But, created health hazard ourselves wtih the exhaust from the generator outside the house. Lots of tree removal bills and had my MIL in town for Sandy.

The tornado warning expired, thank goodness. Some damage in Osprey, no specifics.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/local...dd8126a26.html

And it stopped raining even though we did need it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast