699 users online (90 members and 609 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Jersey shore-
    High wind advisory -40 - 50mph

Winter storm warning possible 6 -12 inches depending on location

State of emergency- essential employees only report Tuesday

Flood warning- expect storm surge barrier islands

All of that and I still won't get a day off.... Lol! I work for a newspaper...

Sandy was awful down here also. We went without power for 9 days. A regular gross hotel room on the strip usually went for 50-100$ per night. During Sandy they wanted 450$ per night ( they ran off of back up generators so they had power)

Stay safe everyone. Good job preparing! Keep us posted if you can.

I've never experienced a blizzard, since my parents moved from NYC to the SF Bay Area when I was two years old many eons ago. But my mother told me she went into a difficult labor with me during a January blizzard and it took the doctor hours to get to the hospital to do a Caesarian. Poor mom.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Upstate NY, snow starting up. Winds howling. HaHa stinkbugs..go back in your caves or holes or whereever you creep out of...Spring is not here yet.
    Last edited by monkey222; 03-13-2017 at 10:42 PM.

The wind is picking up here at the shore and the ocean is wildly clapping against the sea wall. The tide is high so water is ever so slowly creeping above sea level.
    It's not supposed to get bad here until the middle of the night but I won't get much sleep anyway. My phone will chime every ten mins with every alert possible ( because of my job, I must have it set up that way )

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel1 View Post
    The wind is picking up here at the shore and the ocean is wildly clapping against the sea wall. The tide is high so water is ever so slowly creeping above sea level.
    It's not supposed to get bad here until the middle of the night but I won't get much sleep anyway. My phone will chime every ten mins with every alert possible ( because of my job, I must have it set up that way )
    Thanks for the update!

Me too!

Been in New England my whole life and still dislike the snow! Lost power for a week during the last storm. Sigh! Be Safe!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    I am. I'm in NY. I did Irene and Sandy.

Cooking a lot today. Sterilized my tub, now filled. No power= no water for me.
    Got my down comforter, several wool blankies. Wool socks, and good thermal undies.

I have gas in my car, if I can dig it out.

Everyone round here is scared. No driving tomorrow, Tuesday till Wednesday.

I have plenty of food and water, but.... the cold is something else.

I got through Irene. No power.
    And Sandy, no power for a week, it was COLD. After 3 days I went to my friends home.

Please keep us all in your thoughts tonight into tomorrow.

I'm currently in Wilkes-Barre visiting a relative and in a blizzard warning until Tues at 8:30 pm. Wilkes-Barre is supposed to get 16-20 inches in 24 hours with wind gusts of 45 mph. It has just started snowing. The "heavy snow" starts at 8 am tomorrow.

The sleet has arrived!
    I'm getting school closings in by the minute. It'll be interesting to see how this storm plays out down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinging Granny View Post
    I'm currently in Wilkes-Barre visiting a relative and in a blizzard warning until Tues at 8:30 pm. Wilkes-Barre is supposed to get 16-20 inches in 24 hours with wind gusts of 45 mph. It has just started snowing. The "heavy snow" starts at 8 am tomorrow.
    Just south of you outside of Hazleton. :waving:

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post
    Just south of you outside of Hazleton. :waving:
    Redux!

Now weather.com forecast for Lackawanna County says: SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 14 TO 20 INCHES IN VALLEY LOCATIONS AND UP AROUND 2 FEET AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

Swell. I hope I'm not at "higher elevations".

It looks you guys in PA will get hammered with snow while us down here at the shore will get a sloppy mess of flooding, snow, wind, sleet and rain. Lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    The tornado warning expired, thank goodness. Some damage in Osprey, no specifics.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/local...dd8126a26.html

And it stopped raining even though we did need it.
    i lived in Nokomis briefly.

Redux!

Now weather.com forecast for Lackawanna County says: SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 14 TO 20 INCHES IN VALLEY LOCATIONS AND UP AROUND 2 FEET AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS.
    I noticed that as well. We're in the valley outside of Hazleton, so we are not as high up as they are, but I don't know if Wilkes Barre is considered higher elevation. At the same time, we sure do get the wind more down here in the valley (my dog was barking at the wind howling earlier...lol).

Stay safe! I'll bet the markets up your way were crazy today!

Swell. I hope I'm not at "higher elevations".[/QUOTE]

I'm 2 hours east.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast