770 users online (89 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Bunnyhop!

weather.com keeps increasing the snow total for Lackawanna County.

HEAVY SNOW, AS WELL AS SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING. * ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 20 TO 30 INCHES WITH THE HIGHEST TOTALS OVER HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

Go, snowplows, go! Hopefully teens will come by with snow shovels and offer to shovel off roofs for $$$.
    Last edited by Gunslinging Granny; 03-14-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Jersey shore here........in cape may county it is a balmy 45 degrees........high wind and raining.
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Upstate NY, sooo still throughout the night, except for winds. Travel ban. I hear CSX train in far distance but no sounds of emergency vehicles. Only about 8 in snow so no plows yet. Beautiful day to wake up to. Pretty. No tracks. Perfect snow like Angels dusted (a lot..) of powdered sugar over my neighborhood. I hope they were making rum balls.

Last edited by monkey222; 03-14-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Luzerne County is showing the same revised amounts - 20" to 30".

I would say we have over a foot at this point, and the snow is coming down strong and steady. Usually these late season storms putter out to nothing; this one is a surprise!

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

We had snow this morning and now it's sleeting, but not particularly hard (at least not yet). It's noisy on the windows!

It's snowing really hard here. Some kid on an ATV just zoomed by.

I watched the news, coastal areas seem to be getting rain and sleet. Flooding on NJ shore.
    Praying my power stays on.

Here at the shore, it seems like the snow missed us but it's raining like cats and dogs. The winds are fierce!

We were supposed to get 8 to 12...all that news...everyone rushing to the store yesterday. We have a light dusting on the ground. It's snowing now but I don't think we will get much of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

News saying it will get worse as the day goes on. Bitter cold tonight and tomorrow.

Central CT here...have about 6" so far, kinda blizzardly (lol) but not too bad. DH shovels in shifts so it doesn't get too deep. Just don't want rain on top of the snow, it becomes like concrete!
    Proud WS N-LIB

I'm in the middle of the "epicenter" (Binghamton) It didn't start to snow until after 3 am. We have over a foot in the downtown area already and the snow just keeps on coming! The store I work at closed at 11 am. We made 26.00. lol First time they've ever closed due to snow...or anything, for that matter. The National Guard has been deployed to our area. I got my first ever snow day from work..not complaining.

16"+ now near Pumpkin Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    i lived in Nokomis briefly.

Hello to Nokomis!

Well it finally cleared up here, some debris from the palm trees on the sidewalk and the sun came out.

The temperature is presently 66 degrees and slightly windy.

Southern NH here......Been windy and snowing all day, but really ramped up the last 2 hours...... Zero visibility.

wow, sounds crazy for so many of you but it is fun and interesting to read about it here.

(I will sulk off into my sunny Arizona 90 degree day here, head hung low, eyes averted....)
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast